No 4-peat :-P ... (Tuck looks on the verge of Most Outstanding Player) | The Boneyard

No 4-peat :-P ... (Tuck looks on the verge of Most Outstanding Player)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Neither girls are thinking about this award. And Stewart will probably be happier for Morgan than if she herself got the NCAA Final Four MOP for what would be a RIDICULOUS 4 for 4, 4 consecutive times. But for the sake of nerdy WCBB trivia, Tuck looks to have the early lead for MOP.

Reaction Score
No one cares about this right now.

Like O-M-G. That was way harsh, Tai...

The silly emoticon, the "for the sake nerdy WCBB trivia"...so yes, I guess your comment was just to echo my original playful stance about the topic?

Sheesh, even at the Super Bowl people lighten up a bit to take in a nice diversion with the big half-time music performances, but I guess you're all work and no play even during intermissions! :-P

@RockyMTblue2, yes that's a BIG bummer, and obviously more important than the topic I posted (of course, my OP came well before KLS's injury).

Congrats to both teams: UConn advancing for the opportunity to make more WCBB history, and Oregon State for making it this far just 4 years after a 10-win season!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Like O-M-G. That was way harsh, Tai...

The silly emoticon, the "for the sake nerdy WCBB trivia"...so yes, I guess your comment was just to echo my original playful stance about the topic?

Sheesh, even at the Super Bowl people lighten up a bit to take in a nice diversion with the big half-time music performances, but I guess you're all work and no play even during intermissions! :-P

@RockyMTblue2, yes that's a BIG bummer, and obviously more important than the topic I posted (of course, my OP came well before KLS's injury).

Congrats to both teams: UConn advancing for the opportunity to make more WCBB history, and Oregon State for making it this far just 4 years after a 10-win season!

Hey, I wasn't taking a shot, just stating how I felt. I saw the word thinking and just sorta drifted from there. :oops:

Reaction Score
Kait has been a Boneyarder since she was 12 or 13. She doesn't need help posting.

Assuming Kait is UConnCat (and not a typo for "Kat" :-P) I will humbly apologize based on the admin's comment. She's got me beat by 5k posts here, thus deserves her seniority.

@RockyMTblue2, sorry to you, too! I may have come across defensive, but I actually did not at all interpret your post as a jab, I just wanted to put out there that I agreed and to clarify the timing of my post. If my OP came right after watching the ESPN NFOY get hurt, that would make me plain silly. Thanks for the follow up though! Wishing her a speedy recovery because, OH BOY!, having followed for quite a bit (I'm out in Cali), even in limited minutes you can see her progress and that she's determined not to "just" be a 3-point sniper. Noticeable improvement on her activity in the paint, on the glass, in transition, and even some nice dribble drive work scoring off the bounce. If Tuck indeed forgoes her 5th year, KLS will have a huge role next year and could really make a major major splash and keep UConn at the top! Anyway, I'm rambling, but congrats!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Assuming Kait is UConnCat (and not a typo for "Kat" :-P) I will humbly apologize based on the admin's comment. She's got me beat by 5k posts here, thus deserves her seniority.

@RockyMTblue2, sorry to you, too! I may have come across defensive, but I actually did not at all interpret your post as a jab, I just wanted to put out there that I agreed and clarified the timing of my post. If my OP came right after watching the ESPN NFOY get hurt, that would make me plain silly. Thanks for the follow up though! Wishing her a speedy recovery because, OH BOY!, having followed for quite a bit (I'm out in Cali), even in limited minutes you can see her progress and that she's determined not to "just" be a 3-point sniper. Noticeable improvement on her activity in the paint, on the glass, in transition, and even some nice dribble drive work scoring off the bounce. If Tuck indeed forgoes her 5th year, KLS will have a huge role next year and really make a major major splash and keep UConn at the top! Anyway, I'm rambling, but congrats!
No, my mistake. I though it was you that was our Kait the Great. The sentiment still holds, though. You're entitled to post your opinion without snarkiness from others.

Reaction Score
Just that the MOP is a trailing award. No one likes to think about it until there are just a couple of minutes left in the NC and a big lead. It's really very much subordinate to the outcome. I'm sure that Stewie would trade all 3 of hers for a certain outcome Tuesday night. Well, maybe not Stewie, because she is already certain of that outcome! :) But you know what I mean.

Reaction Score
No, my mistake. I though it was you that was our Kait the Great. The sentiment still holds, though. You're entitled to post your opinion without snarkiness from others.

Gotcha, thanks for the follow up, boss! Nothing but respect for what you've built here. I'm out in Cali, but this is my go-to board for a TON of great info and WCBB fanatic musing. No joke, when there's a story or important development in WCBB, I usually come here FIRST (before ESPN.com, Twitter, basically all online sources!) to get the 411. I really respect your hard work here (though I only registered in 2013 and haven't posted a ton, I have done a LOT more late night lurking and reading than I'd like to admit!).

Reaction Score
Gotcha, thanks for the follow up, boss! Nothing but respect for what you've built here. I'm out in Cali, but this is my go-to board for a TON of great info and WCBB fanatic musing. No joke, when there's a story or important development in WCBB, I usually come here FIRST (before ESPN.com, Twitter, basically all online sources!) to get the 411. I really respect your hard work here (though I only registered in 2013 and haven't posted a ton, I have done a LOT more late night lurking and reading than I'd like to admit!).

Same here... much more Informative on this site... I get me fix :p Because if I'm searching for the 411 myself, I end up getting the 611, which is phone repair.... which isn't helpful at all....

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
This thread needs a MOP. Who is "Tai" and who is "Kait"? And what makes her great? :confused:

Reaction Score
This thread needs a MOP. Who is "Tai" and who is "Kait"? And what makes her great? :confused:

Haha! I love that the initialism still works: Most Outstanding Poster!

As far as your question "Who is Tai?," clearly you are a Baby Boomer, Gen X, or Gen Z. I can't imagine someone from Gen Y not having seen the mid-90's classic teen flick "Clueless" and not recognizing "That was way harsh, Tai..." as a quote by the main character Cher. ;-P

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Haha! I love that the initialism still works: Most Outstanding Poster!

As far as your question "Who is Tai?," clearly you are a Baby Boomer, Gen X, or Gen Z. I can't imagine someone from Gen Y not having seen the mid-90's classic teen flick "Clueless" and not recognizing "That was way harsh, Tai..." as a quote by the main character Cher. ;-P

Nope, didn't see it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kait was a young teen that was a regular poster for ages before heading off to college in Oregon or Washington. She still returns occasionally but appears to be off living her life, as it should be for a twenty-something. The board sort of adopted Kait, rooting for her high school basketball team (she was a player) and going through the college decision process with her. The board was smaller and more intimate then; us old timers still remain fairly close.

HGN

Reaction Score
Tuck is definitely in the conversation. And rightfully so. She has made this a 2 horse race if UConn wins the NC.

Reaction Score
If UCONN wins and Stewie has her typical game, they will give the MOP to her. It makes a better story. Last year, Moriah should have been the MOP and my wife and I felt that Morgan was the MOP of this year's East Regional finals. Personally, I'm more concerned about the W.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Kait was a young teen that was a regular poster for ages before heading off to college in Oregon or Washington. She still returns occasionally but appears to be off living her life, as it should be for a twenty-something. The board sort of adopted Kait, rooting for her high school basketball team (she was a player) and going through the college decision process with her. The board was smaller and more intimate then; us old timers still remain fairly close.
Thanks!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nothing is written in stone for the MOP yet. What Stewie did in the game given her two quick fouls is in itself rather amazing. She had one foul the rest of the game while blocking 1, steals 2, assists 2, 16 points and still played 35 minutes.

Morgan was completely awesome but her being MOP is far from a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom