No. 3 Oregon vs. No. 4 UConn women's basketball: Preview, how to watch | The Boneyard

No. 3 Oregon vs. No. 4 UConn women's basketball: Preview, how to watch

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
MITCHELL NORTHAM | NCAA.COM | JANUARY 31, 2020

Two of the best women’s basketball teams in the country will square off Monday, Feb. 3, in Storrs, Connecticut, in a rare late-season non-conference showdown. When No. 3 Oregon meets No. 4 UConn, it won’t just be a battle of two powers in the sport. It’s a game featuring two teams that made the Final Four last year, which have realistic aspirations of getting back there this season.

1580583939721.png

There’s a real chance we could see the Ducks and Huskies face off in New Orleans in April. But maybe that’s putting the cart before the horse. Let’s get into everything you need to know about their big match-up on Monday.

Full Northam NCAA article here

ESPN article - Can Oregon finally beat UConn in women's basketball?

Box score of last Oregon game vs Utah on Jan 30

2019-2020 Oregon women's BB roster

D-1 Women's College Basketball Rankings - Week 13

Massey's prediction for this game: Oregon 74 - UConn 71

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should be a fun game to watch ... all predictions are speculative here ... the face to face, body to body, movement to movement dance as the ball flies overhead and among the spacing will determine the winner ...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think ONO has to stay on the floor and play effectively for at least 35 minutes for UConn to have a chance to win this game. As Geno said: "we're a completely different team without Liv on the floor." Makurat MUST bring her A+ game to the arena that night.
I think everyone needs to bring her A game

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Understand one thing. Geno has a bunch of top high school players and when in a big game they come through. I pick UConn over Oregon 66-63. UConn will rise to the pressure thats why theyre here. They will find a way to win this game.

Reaction Score
I’m sensing some fear in a lot of my fellow Husky fans posts about Monday night and I don’t like it!

Let‘s be clear, Kelly Graves is definitely pondering his defensive scheme for us as well. He has a 3-headed snake of Crystal-Christyn-Megatron that he has to prepare for and has not had to deal with yet this season! I say confidently that no team in the country has the talent and skill set collectively of our 3 perimeter players. Looking forward to Monday night and proving some doubters wrong about our team.

Reaction Score
I’m sensing some fear in a lot of my fellow Husky fans posts about Monday night and I don’t like it!

Let‘s be clear, Kelly Graves is definitely pondering his defensive scheme for us as well. He has a 3-headed snake of Crystal-Christyn-Megatron that he has to prepare for and has not had to deal with yet this season! I say confidently that no team in the country has the talent and skill set collectively of our 3 perimeter players. Looking forward to Monday night and proving some doubters wrong about our team.
I'd take the 3 of Satou/Ruthie/Sabrina with Ionescu the head of the snake anyday. Geno has a bit to worry about too.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'd take the 3 of Satou/Ruthie/Sabrina with Ionescu the head of the snake anyday. Geno has a bit to worry about too.
I think some wisdom from General Ulysses S. Grant may be pertinent. He said that he learned early in the Civil War not to worry about what the enemy can do to him, but to focus entirely on what he can do to the enemy. That approach served him well for the rest of the war.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
If the game was at a neutral location, I'd pick the Ducks. . . . But it's not. Home Court is worth 6 points.
Therefore, Geno A. and his artisans are the favorites to win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom