NLI signings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NLI signings

Reaction Score
Did I miss UConn Women Hoops Twitter page acknowledging their 2020 Class signing their NLI? I see several other schools did it. Just asking

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Did I miss UConn Women Hoops Twitter page acknowledging their 2020 Class signing their NLI? I see several other schools did it. Just asking
It’s usually done after everyone signs and UConn has gotten the paperwork. If UConn jumps the gun, it’s an NCAA violation

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe that Paige, Nika, and Mir signed yesterday. I haven't heard anything about Piath or Aaliyah. Geno could talk about the 3 who signed, but he wants to talk when all 5 have signed. As Nan notes, UConn will put out some info, but Geno's thoughts are more interesting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I believe that Paige, Nika, and Mir signed yesterday. I haven't heard anything about Piath or Aaliyah. Geno could talk about the 3 who signed, but he wants to talk when all 5 have signed. As Nan notes, UConn will put out some info, but Geno's thoughts are more interesting.

One of our UConn press people reported (I forget the details) "no worries, Aaliyah will sign after getting back from the FIBA Pre Pre Tournamnet since she made the Canadian National Team"

I wonder if the DeBerry Commitment might have scared Piath off?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whoa there. Since when did 'no news of her signing' equate to 'withdrew her commitment'?:rolleyes:
Also, last day of the early signing period is the 20th.

I know my statement has no facts and is just speculation :oops:.

Just a thought which I hoped might spur the BY to investigate. :oops:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

So would the investigators be from the F BY I then? Super sleuths for certain.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

No no no, no investigating. Leave recruiting-related stuff to the people who know the Compliance rules.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No no no, no investigating. Leave recruiting-related stuff to the people who know the Compliance rules.

I only meant if there was something publicly accessible that gives a little clue. Not real investigating

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Edwards or Gabriel have signed their letters yet?

Edwards is currently occupied with the Canadian National Team, so I'd imagine she'll sign when she gets back to school. Keep in mind her parents will have to sign it, too.

No word yet on Gabriel, and since her school has a pretty limited social media presence, I'm not sure we'll know until after the fact.

I wonder if the DeBerry Commitment might have scared Piath off?

I wouldn't think so. Based on the limited video, Piath seems to be a traditional, back-to-the-basket post/center. DeBerry is more of the in-and-out four Geno loves.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice Geno blurbs describing the incoming class but I found the blurb on Paige quite understated compared to some of the other blurbs. I think Geno is already laying the groundwork to make her fight for important freshman minutes.

Paige Bueckers, 5-foot-11 guard, Eden Prairie, Minn. — "The thing that is impressive to me about Paige is how unselfish she is and her ability to get everyone involved in the game and her knack of getting to the basket. She's going to add, to us, a bigger guard that can impact the game, whether she's shooting it or passing it. It's important for us to get kids that are talented and unselfish and can score, and Paige has been able to do all those things.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
wouldn't think so. Based on the limited video, Piath seems to be a traditional, back-to-the-basket post/center. DeBerry is more of the in-and-out four Geno loves.
I haven’t seen any video, but Dan Olson who has obviously seen her play multiple times doesn’t think she is a back to the basket center:

“rebounds and handles in uptempo game; stretches the defense on the perimeter with emerging face up skills; interior game delivery; among the most versatile front court prospects in the class of 2020.”

“emerging offensive threat on the perimeter complemented by back-to-basket game potential”

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen any video, but Dan Olson who has obviously seen her play multiple times doesn’t think she is a back to the basket center:

“rebounds and handles in uptempo game; stretches the defense on the perimeter with emerging face up skills; interior game delivery; among the most versatile front court prospects in the class of 2020.”

“emerging offensive threat on the perimeter complemented by back-to-basket game potential”

Here’s hoping we get more footage this year for PG so everyone can give their Keyboard Coaching opinion. lol.

Think we’ll get more details from Geno?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here’s hoping we get more footage this year for PG so everyone can give their Keyboard Coaching opinion. lol.

I am sure whatever her skill set was in HS, Geno will want her to be a major force in the post

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Keyboard Coaching...first time that I have seen the term here. Well stated!!! Two thumbs up!!!

Reaction Score
Found this on Instagram

Attachments

• 6414DB6A-2417-4673-B06E-8D64D593B42A.jpeg
    6414DB6A-2417-4673-B06E-8D64D593B42A.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 159

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Found this on Instagram

Listed heights:

Gabriel: 6-4 / 6-5
Edwards: 6-2
Bueckers: 5-11
Mclean: 5-11
Muhl: 5-10

Gonna say those are not accurate reflections.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom