NJ LB Jazzmar Clax | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NJ LB Jazzmar Clax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Being a 2 star or unranked doesn't mean much but being a 3, 4 or 5 star typically does mean something. There are just too many recruits to be thoroughly evaluated. But the ones that do get the high rankings probably deserve them in most cases. The average 3 star is probably better than the average 2 star. The average 4 star is probably better than the average 3 star and so on.

Of course some 3, and most 4/5 stars are legit, but speaking about the big picture and Uconn having a lot of 2, or unranked recruits should not discredit how good the class really is. On a player by player level, I believe this is one of the strongest, deepest and well rounded recruiting classes to ever come to Uconn. They field on paper a major void at QB with what I think is a starter ready JUCO in Whitmer and the future at the QB position in Cochran. A home run hitter at RB in Williams. Some great looking big LB's in Sylva, Hicks, Norris, and shorter yet still a great thumper in Clax. And the secondary has some great looking guys coming in as well. The OL has some good looking additions as well with a number of guys 6'4 or taller good weight/frame with solid athleticism.

Color me excited for the future of Uconn Football. Let the naysayers and the haters say what they want, but PP has a vision and he knows what an NFL player looks and acts like up close and personal. I have faith he will bring more NFL caliber players to Uconn and create a winning program while producing NFL caliber talent year after year.

Reaction Score
He did. Shoemate separated his shoulder. P decided not to play any of the other RBs on the roster, there are other RBs on the roster.

Shoemate was already here. He played during the 2010 season with Todman. So he was not brought in after Edsall knew Todman was going pro.

Of course there are other RBs on the roster, but what I'm referring to is his replacing a quality back, with another quality recruit. Building quality depth is ironically what the current coaches have been talking about recently. It seems with our new class coming in...we are doing just that! Good news moving forward!

Reaction Score
Shoemate was already here. He played during the 2010 season with Todman. So he was not brought in after Edsall knew Todman was going pro.

Of course there are other RBs on the roster, but what I'm referring to is his replacing a quality back, with another quality recruit. Building quality depth is ironically what the current coaches have been talking about recently. It seems with our new class coming in...we are doing just that! Good news moving forward!

So since Shoemate was here, he doesn't count towards depth? Okay, sure.

Did you miss the redshirt freshman running back at UConn this past season? His name is Lyle McCombs and he was recruited by Edsall.

Unless maybe the quality depth your talking about is the ONE RB we landed in this class, after losing Frey and Meme, and with Shoemate gone after this season no matter what.

Or all the coaches have to do is talk about quality depth, and that means we now have it?

And lastly, of all the positions to complain about a lack of depth under Edsall you pick Running Back?! Cheesus.

Reaction Score
So since Shoemate was here, he doesn't count towards depth? Okay, sure.

Did you miss the redshirt freshman running back at UConn this past season? His name is Lyle McCombs and he was recruited by Edsall.

Unless maybe the quality depth your talking about is the ONE RB we landed in this class, after losing Frey and Meme, and with Shoemate gone after this season no matter what.

Or all the coaches have to do is talk about quality depth, and that means we now have it?

And lastly, of all the positions to complain about a lack of depth under Edsall you pick Running Back?! Cheesus.

Ummm...actually it was YOU...who picked RB to talk about! I mentioned several positions in my original post.

I guess you don't understand about Shoemate. He was not ADDED after RE knew Todman was leaving....because he was already here!

As for depth this year, you may recall a recruit named Montrell Dobbs...he was all set to join us as our first RB recruit this year, but it didn't work out academically, after it was thought he was all set. The 2nd RB in the class is Joe Williams....who is now first. The class is not necessarily complete just yet...so only time will tell.

I didn't miss McCombs, but he was a redshirt freshman already when RE found out about Todman, so he is not what I was referring to either! I think you were confused as to my point here, I hope this has helped, but how about if we just agree to disagree on this one point? However, I just want to be clear again...I liked what Edsall did here for the program...just not so much at the end.

Reaction Score
Is Foxx and Lorenzen still with the team? Didn't Randy bring them in? They could still pan out at RB yes?

Reaction Score
Is Foxx and Lorenzen still with the team? Didn't Randy bring them in? They could still pan out at RB yes?

Yes they are. DeLorenzo from Berlin redshirted but Foxx did not. Foxx is supposed to be a burner with supposedly 4.4 speed. I asked both on twitter a while back. Pretty disappointing we didn't see more of Foxx considering he was eligible to play and didn't redshirt.

Reaction Score
If Jazzmar is reading this thread right now, he must think his new fans are all completely insane.

Welcome to college football, ladies and gentleman!

I can't even fathom what the SEC message boards look like after a bad loss or a lost recruit.

Reaction Score
what's unfortunate is that this was supposed to be a thread about one of our highest rated recruits. you never know which thread will become a battleground

Reaction Score
It is absolutely insane to criticize a coach for a lack of depth at RB when you refuse to reconginze a depth chart that includes any recruit that was brought in before or after the 30 days between Todman declaring for the draft, and the next national LOI day.

100% in-ducking-sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak