NJ LB Jazzmar Clax | The Boneyard

NJ LB Jazzmar Clax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Neptune NJ LB Jazzmar Clax is down to UConn and Rutgers according to a tweet by Mike Stump owner if All Shore Media from NJ(retweeted by Mike Grant). He will visit either UConn or Rutgers this weekend and may announce on signing day or after. Looks like he had interest/offers from Minnesota, Maryland and Arizona St and was a soft verbal to the Gophers at ine time from what U found on a Maryland board discussion about him.
ESPN, Rivals, 247Sports 3 star
5-11 220 lbs
Has A fair amount of offers.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
What an awesome name.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
him and his buddy chaz davis may be a package deal to rutgers. i hold out hope though that we get involved/win both if there is a chance.

Reaction Score
He's a thumper. Run stuffer and pass rusher. Didn't see any pass coverage in his highlights, may have missed it. Dude lays QB's out though. I like that. Not very tall, but well built and packs a mean punch when he hits you.

Reaction Score
I think I know who Chaz Davis is... aka Charles Davis... committed to RU last year but ended up at Fork Union for a prep year... rivals has him with an offer from RU ( the only offer ) and he's pretty "High" on that...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
have anymore info on chaz davis?
i messed up, read something worng. charles davis is already commited to ruty but then decommited and is now 50/50 on looking around and staying with Ruty. i'm having trouble finding alot but i think he went to a year of PG or something.

he would be a big SCORE very quietly for this staff to replace dobbs.

Reaction Score
Davis played DB at Fork Union.. wonder if he switches...He's the same size as RB commit Joe Williams... Hey didn't they play together at Fork Union?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
good looks ktuck. wow, can the staff connect dots like this board can?

Reaction Score
Rutgers pulled the offer from Davis, let's keep it at that, not for public consumption. Jazmar Clax is considering a preferred walkon spot at RU.

Reaction Score
PSU has been given permission to bring 45 recruits in this year. These 2 guys just commited to them. Damn....

Reaction Score
Rutgers pulled the offer from Davis, let's keep it at that, not for public consumption. Jazmar Clax is considering a preferred walkon spot at RU.

Source? Inside information? I am curious as to why.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

walkon, what is this? the best troll ever? he has offers from asu/md/minn and ruty is also listed as a offer. am i not informed correctly? was told he also has good grades. kid smashes in the film. would be a great get. why would he ever pay for school with other bcs offers? did he lie about offers or something?

Reaction Score
His build and the way he tackles remind me of Jamal Lundy. If the kid is considering accepting a preferred walk on spot over a scholly to UConn..... well then.......

Reaction Score
Dismiss my post if you'd like but it's the truth. Clax got lots of interest, but the big time offers he hoped for did not come through or were of the "noncommitable" type. He really wanted an RU offer but did not get it, nor did he get some other offers he had hoped for. As far as I know, UCONN did not offer yet either. He and some other recruits that were high profile early on are considering walking on.

Reaction Score
There is definitely some truth to NJ's post. Clax may have had an offer from Maryland (unclear) but they filled their spots and he was told no. Arizona State may have offered, but then Erickson was fired and he never heard from them again.

As far as UConn goes, I'd be a little bit surprised if we took another LB, but you never know.

Reaction Score
Recieved a tweet from Bob Lichtenfels on Claxx...he said he the same thing about walk-on status at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
As I've said on a few area blogs, recruiting in the NJ area, especially south, is upside down. Looks like Temple's Addazio prob will be going to Rutgers. All of this , along with this being a traditional hotbed for Penn State, has left UConn with some amazing opportunities to make last minute progress with 2012 class and get a major jump on 2013 in a talent rich area.

Reaction Score
I'll say it......on paper, disappointing end to this year's recruiting cycle. I'm guessing Morgan is going to SU cuz it doesn't seem like there's any room left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom