NIU vs FSU | The Boneyard

NIU vs FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Espn hates it. Lost to Iowa this year. Coach already gone. Can they compete?

Reaction Score
Espn hates it. Lost to Iowa this year. Coach already gone. Can they compete?

Yup - UConn treatment all over again and other folks see it!

DanWolken 8:42pm via TweetDeck
Feel bad for the Northern Illinois kids, who have to hear ESPN raking them over the coals on the best day of their lives.

slmandel 8:43pm via Twitter for iPhone
Herbstreit calls NIU's BCS berth "A sad state of college football."

slmandel 8:45pm via Twitter for iPhone
I've never ever seen a team get ripped so bad for ... Getting voted into something.

Herbie is just pissed about tOSU

41577_361438940298_5956695_n.jpg

Reaction Score
good for the little guys. too bad they won't have their head coach to lead them in the biggest game ever for the university. espin should be grateful that Ga Tech didn't win...

Reaction Score
good for the little guys. too bad they won't have their head coach to lead them in the biggest game ever for the university. espin should be grateful that Ga Tech didn't win...

They have their new head coach. Internal promotion. OC Rod Carey

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not as grateful as the Orange Bowl is.

Reaction Score

u know what herby, tuff stuff....take the top 2 teams in each of the "5 power conferences" and form your own league. then after u play each other in your own bowl games all the teams can form a circle jerk with their hands on each others asses & jump up & down while loudly proclaiming "aren't we special"...

Reaction Score
I love this. 3 absolute farces. The BCS and Fiesta only 2 compelling games. I hope Ville gets rolled by the Gators too.

Reaction Score

u know what herby, tuff stuff....take the top 2 teams in each of the "5 power conferences" and form your own league. then after u play each other in your own bowl games all the teams can form a circle jerk with their hands on each others asses & jump up & down while loudly proclaiming "aren't we special"...

This. Lolol. Priceless!

Reaction Score
darren rovell (@darrenrovell)
12/2/12, 9:09 PM
CRAZY: Northern Illinois will have to buy more Orange Bowl tickets (17,500) than what they avg'd per game this season (15,670)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I love how when an underdog makes it to the BCS in football it's a sad state of affairs but when VCU and Butler made the FF it was the beauty of the basketball post-season.

DrG

Reaction Score
Just curious as an outsider . . . if I'm not mistaken, UConn didn't sell out its required allotment of Fiesta Bowl tickets. Did you stilll make a profit from the Big East BCS cut?

Reaction Score
Just curious as an outsider . . . if I'm not mistaken, UConn didn't sell out its required allotment of Fiesta Bowl tickets. Did you stilll make a profit from the Big East BCS cut?

No the team took a loss as a whole. The trouble was that tickets to our game were available very very cheap because packages were sold tied to the national championship game played a few days later. So fans that wanted to go to the national championship team were forced to buy tickets our game to leaving the market saturated with cheap tickets. Consequently no one bought tickets from the school rather picked them up off of stub hub. The Big East distributed the monies evenly among all the schools and it was nowhere near enough to make up for the 17,500 tickets at the University was forced to purchase. Coupled with travel expenses and it was ugly.

Reaction Score
Herbie needs to STFU unless he is going to talk about a 5-loss Wisconsin team. They finished 12-1 in the 5th (4th?) best conference.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

What an idiot for standing up for "Georgia" and "Oklahoma" for losing out. In what sport is the outcome always fair, from the point of view that the "best talent" is always showcased in championship games and in this case BCS games. If the big boys want to be at those bowls, then the big boys need to open it up to all. Vote for a true play-off, beat the crap of these NIU types, and represent yourself. Otherwise live with it and STFU.

Reaction Score
That ESPN panel was disgraceful, especially Herbstreit.

I love how everyone is calling for a huge blowout, FSU plays down to their competition and we have seen Fisher get really conservative. I think it will be a competitive game.

Reaction Score
Well I think it's a farce not because NIU can't make a game of it, they might. The problem extends to the entire BCS Bowl matchup system. There should be an 8 team playoff with the ranked teams playing at home for the first round. That's 7 major games and you can call them BCS or whatever. Still plenty of room for other bowls on the calendar and we get solid competitive games at interesting locations. Thery still keep avoiding it and messing with things until they kill the whole system. These are the smart guys?

Reaction Score
Well I think it's a farce not because NIU can't make a game of it, they might. The problem extends to the entire BCS Bowl matchup system. There should be an 8 team playoff with the ranked teams playing at home for the first round. That's 7 major games and you can call them BCS or whatever. Still plenty of room for other bowls on the calendar and we get solid competitive games at interesting locations. Thery still keep avoiding it and messing with things until they kill the whole system. These are the smart guys?
No. Greedy money guys.

Reaction Score
After FSU's effort against a mediocre GA Tech team no reason why NIU can't stand a chance

Reaction Score
The present state of college athletics reminds me of the National Enquirer.

Reaction Score

Best of luck NIU. I hope they win, but I think you are exactly right.

In the NFL good teams get left out of the playoffs because there are some really good divisions out there.

If the SEC had its way, they would take all four playoff spots and claim it was good for the sport.

College football is going down a path where whole regions of the country could become disinterested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom