NIT Games | The Boneyard

NIT Games

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hofstra beats Rutgers and Nova struggling with Liberty

Reaction Score
Looks like Villanova is going to flame out
Nova did not give a rat’s ass. Maybe I am just talking about Justin Moore and Cam Whitmore who decided not to play probably to protect professional aspirations as the NiT is not worth the risk of injury. I am not knocking them either. If your heart is not it as a player u should sit out-it was the right move for Boatright in 2015

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Nova could not have shot any worse, and Slaters missed putback at the buzzer allows Liberty to cover.

200.gif

Reaction Score
less go hall. there’s no way they can sustain playing 5k elevation.

……and the color analyst just called iona over uconn

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nova did not give a rat’s ass. Maybe I am just talking about Justin Moore and Cam Whitmore who decided not to play probably to protect professional aspirations as the NiT is not worth the risk of injury. I am not knocking them either. If your heart is not it as a player u should sit out-it was the right move for Boatright in 2015

I would never draft a player with that attitude if I was an NBA GM. If you are afraid of Liberty, then the NBA is not for you.

Reaction Score
Both BE teams go down in the 1st round. Not a good look for the conference.
Why? Once the seeding and draws have been completed, who gives a rat’s butt about RPI or other computer measures. And who gives a rat’s butt about the NIT itself. All that matters for any team in the dance is how far they go.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Both were on the road, and especially SH in Boulder, playing at 6000 feet, is a tough pull.

Reaction Score
Whitmore and Moore their two best players decided to sit out, this is now the team that stunk to start the season.

Reaction Score
Do the Liberty and Hofstra results point toward Kennesaw State and College of Charleston being potential upset picks in the tourney? Or was it more of a no show from Rutgers and Nova...

Reaction Score
Do the Liberty and Hofstra results point toward Kennesaw State and College of Charleston being potential upset picks in the tourney? Or was it more of a no show from Rutgers and Nova...
I can't speak to Rutgers, but Cam Whitmore and Justin Moore chose not to play. As Candyman stated in post #14, Nova had the roster that stunk up the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
Although it pains me to say this, perhaps North Carolina got it right. If your heart isn’t into it, stay home.
Exactly. When it comes to the NCAAT people say it's about the game planning, strategy, and scheming the Xs and Os, stylistic match ups, personnel, ability to handle pressure etc. People can debate what order the importance of those are.

For the NIT, the first thing before looking at any of the factors I mentioned above, is do the players want to play and give it their full effort?
BTW, you can tell when you watch the beginning of the game. Are players playing with a lot of energy and showing emotion? Are they playing hard and getting into their defensive stances? Are they running as fast and jumping or boxing out for every rebound?

During the regular season their home crowds were full and the atmosphere is electric and the games had a real importance to them as the players knew plenty of people are watching games at home, especially if they were playing their biggest rival(s) and those said rivals were in the top 10. The players get a rush or a high from this.

When they play in the NIT, most of the times, the stands are only 20% - 30%, or whatever, they are not close to full, and the crowd isn't nearly as loud or into the games. That rush or high they experienced in the regular season game has crashed and burned down and is non-existent.

Reaction Score
I can't speak to Rutgers, but Cam Whitmore and Justin Moore chose not to play. As Candyman stated in post #14, Nova had the roster that stunk up the beginning of the season.
So, what you're saying is that the announcer lied? They said on air that Moore was dealing with an issue due to his achilles injury and Whitmore got poked in the eye at practice. Damn liars!!!

Reaction Score
So, what you're saying is that the announcer lied? They said on air that Moore was dealing with an issue due to his achilles injury and Whitmore got poked in the eye at practice. Damn liars!!!
If this is an NCAA Tournament game, both play. It wasn’t and they did

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why? Once the seeding and draws have been completed, who gives a rat’s butt about RPI or other computer measures. And who gives a rat’s butt about the NIT itself. All that matters for any team in the dance is how far they go.
Like it or not, it is a bad look for the NBE.
If you accept the invitation then you go out and play.
You don’t feel the need to give 100% then pass and give a team who wants to playa chance to compete.
The NIT can be a great way to catapult your team into better play the next season- it happened at UConn under Calhoun, VCU under Shaka and Texas under Shaka.

Reaction Score
So are you saying you are talking what they told the announcer or whoever at face value? LOL.

They might genuinely be hurt, but to what extent?

Are you also saying or implying that these two wouldn't have played if the game was in the NCAA tournament? Surely you don't believe that.

Ryan Boatright in 2015 had some sort of injury, and he was hurt, how bad I don't know. But we all know if UConn was in the NCAA tournament instead of the NIT he would've played more than likely or tried harder to play. I don't knock Boatright because he already won a title and wanted to heal and prepare for the draft.

Reaction Score
Like it or not, it is a bad look for the NBE.
If you accept the invitation then you go out and play.
You don’t feel the need to give 100% then pass and give a team who wants to playa chance to compete.
The NIT can be a great way to catapult your team into better play the next season- it happened at UConn under Calhoun, VCU under Shaka and Texas under Shaka.
For something to be a "bad look," people have to be looking. No one but the fans of teams who move forward at least two rounds cares or pays attention. And I say that as someone who used to go to the NIT Finals every year.

Reaction Score
For something to be a "bad look," people have to be looking. No one but the fans of teams who move forward at least two rounds cares or pays attention. And I say that as someone who used to go to the NIT Finals every year.
Final Four at the Garden was fun.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Like it or not college sports have changed forever. I don't like it but I love college sports so I'll learn to put up with it. @nelsonmuntz do you think a pro GM cares that those two skipped the game? Their decision has nothing to do with attitude. It's a business decision. Imagine the Boneyard response if one of those guys got hurt in an NIT game. If I were a Nova fan I'd be bummed they didn't play but I wouldn't be pissed because there is no more "win one for the Gipper" in college sports anymore. @gtcam Nova accepted the invite and went out and played. Why should the team decline the invitation because some players chose not to play?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom