NIT 4 Seed!!?!?!? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NIT 4 Seed!!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Fair enough but I didn't mean making a habit of it. I know the NIT isn't good for the program but as a fan I'd rather see 5 more UCONN wins than watch us get bounced by Northern Iowa in the first round. Hopefully we'll be back next year. For now we should just embrace this as an opportunity to prepare for next season.
understood. disagree. If we play Northern Iowa, we have a chance to win, win 5 more and win a title. By playing in the NIT we don't have that opportunity.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
There is no prize in being 69th, just in being in a 69.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
understood. disagree. If we play Northern Iowa, we have a chance to win, win 5 more and win a title. By playing in the NIT we don't have that opportunity.
UConn got an NIT bid because they went 17-13 in the regular season and not only could not beat anyone of consequence, they couldn't beat lesser programs either. They don't have the opportunity because they don't deserve the opportunity.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
UConn got an NIT bid because they went 17-13 in the regular season and not only could not beat anyone of consequence, they couldn't beat lesser programs either. They don't have the opportunity because they don't deserve the opportunity.
I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with what we were discussing. The discussion was whether winning the NIT was better than losing in the first round of the NIT.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with what we were discussing. The discussion was whether winning the NIT was better than losing in the first round of the NIT.
Winning the NIT is absolutely better than losing in the first round of the NIT.;)

Typo aside, I think playing more games is better than playing less. Making the tournament may give you a warmer and fuzzier feeling and I understand you are saying in that there is always a chance to win the NCAA's provided you make the Tournament, but realistically what are those chances for a 20-14 team with nary a big win all year? Low single digits at best? As much as it pains me to admit, I think UConn earned their NIT bid this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom