Nine Years Ago Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nine Years Ago Today

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
take that back. i suppose with the slightest of exceptions for the SU Lax team only if you must
I didn't attend SU, but I also didn't attend UConn. However, the Huskies have been my hoop team since the days of Jimmy Foster and Tony Hanson. You UConn alums have a more visceral hatred for them than I do, though I did find the "Louie & Bouie" SU duo maximally annoying.

Reaction Score
The weirdest thing for me RE this shot/moment:

In retrospect, I still think to this day that that shot was to the win the BET.

A couple years ago I saw that it was only the quarters and I was actually taken aback

And we can't not post one of the most iconic pics in MCBB history:

View attachment 51806
I've wanted this shot as a poster forever like KO did in his office back in the day. Have yet to find anywhere or anyhow I can get it.

Reaction Score
So, my story is that I had tickets to this game, as my office at the time was a few blocks away. Unfortunately, I had clients in from out of town and was tied up in meetings.

I was hopeful prior to the start of these meetings that I would at least be able to catch the second half, but it wasn't meant to be.

I can still remember that I couldn't keep focus during the meeting and that I was receiving sporadic updates from friends on my phone about the game.

Well, I was able to redeem myself by attending every game the rest of the tournament and it was unbelievable.

My favorite moment was when Kemba stole the ball in the championship game and dunked it on the break. I went insane and knew we were going to win...I cannot wait until we are back at the Garden...

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
This sticker adorns my work laptop:

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u10.jpg

‘Kemba Walker UCONN Game Winner’ by RatTrapTees

Reaction Score
This is close to the px I remember - probably snapped by one of the phtogs on the floor. The composition of body position and expressions is classic. Deaerves to be in the Louve.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was a high def version of this going round the Yard back then where you could see everybody's faces. Some of the expressions were priceless

Anyone know where that might be??

Reaction Score
I watched the entire replay of the game the other day. It's easy to forget about the rebound and time out call by Coombs-McDaniel that set up Kemba's game winner. Big pla
Not if your A non casual fan

Reaction Score
Youngsters who have not experienced the Big East are in for a treat. I can't wait, every game is a war.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was a Thursday noon game during spring break. So I was on my couch watching at my parents house, I was in school at the time at UConn.
So was I. Except I had been out of UConn for over 30 years. But my parents lived near my work so I cut down on travel. 2 hours of personal time well spent.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite angles:

I always loved the noise in that clip. As the clock winds down and everyone in the building realizes Kemba is going to go one on one for the win the crowd noise starts noticeably climbing.

Reaction Score
I always liked how KO stood up when Kemba went into his move. He knew Kemba was taking it but he sat in his chair patiently and stood up right at go time. I love to watch the bench and crowd on some of these old classic videos.
Calhoun waved Kemba on into his move, Kemba knew exactly how much time he had to steal Gary McGhee's ankles/soul and hit the shot.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite angles:

Is that Wayne Norman walking down after the shot with the Woow!?
I had always taken the time off from work to watch the Big East Tourney games on the Thursdays or Fridays. Usually half days to get home in time for the start. This was going back to Perno days as at the time there was really no UConn sports that mattered till men's hoops season started back up. On this day for some reason I did not. Was listening on the radio and when the final possession came my boss showed up and I could not hear what happened as I was talking with him but I could tell Joe D was excited. What a game once I could watch the replay later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom