Nine Years Ago Today | The Boneyard

Nine Years Ago Today

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Between this memorable moment, and last night watching the final vs. Georgetown from 1996 (Ray Allen's leaner in the lane) and the 6 OT marathon with Syracuse I'm getting Big East chills again. Was in the crowd for all 3 and remember them vividly. (Surgery today, so I did only make it through 1 OT. I'll watch the rest later.)

Reaction Score
It’s one of those plays where you’ll never forget where you were when watching it. Still get chills everyone I watch it.
Yep I was thinking the exact same thing. Will never forget where I was, what I was doing and who I was with. Had the same setup first 3 days of the tournament

Reaction Score
I was about 50 feet away from Kemba in the 2nd row, exactly even with the foul line. It was awesome.....one of many fine moments over more than 25 Big East tournaments attended in person. Ray's was also pretty cool, I was sitting directly behind John Thompson. It was quite a sweat on the last couple Georgetown shots.......

Reaction Score
T'm still amazed at how incredibly badly Pitt played in the post season during its Big East years. They gave us some of the most incredible regular season and BET games.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Between this memorable moment, and last night watching the final vs. Georgetown from 1996 (Ray Allen's leaner in the lane) and the 6 OT marathon with Syracuse I'm getting Big East chills again. Was in the crowd for all 3 and remember them vividly. (Surgery today, so I did only make it through 1 OT. I'll watch the rest later.)

Why would you ever watch that Syracuse game? There is absolutely nothing redeeming about it.

Reaction Score
An unbelievable moment - and the call was spectacular. Love it when the call matches the moment.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The weirdest thing for me RE this shot/moment:

In retrospect, I still think to this day that that shot was to the win the BET.

A couple years ago I saw that it was only the quarters and I was actually taken aback

And we can't not post one of the most iconic pics in MCBB history:

1583856726473.png

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Why would you ever watch that Syracuse game? There is absolutely nothing redeeming about it.
Just that I was there to the end. And that we should have won it in each of the OT's until the last.

Plus, I can't hate SU. My brother went there (lacrosse).

Reaction Score
You won't see Jimmy C jump many times but that was one of them. :)
Of course everyone will remember the shot, but Calhoun's reaction is up there for me too. He was all of us for a second. A fan, not just the head coach. It was so awesome to catch him like that for a brief moment.

Reaction Score
I always liked how KO stood up when Kemba went into his move. He knew Kemba was taking it but he sat in his chair patiently and stood up right at go time. I love to watch the bench and crowd on some of these old classic videos.

Reaction Score
I'll never forgive my teacher not allowing our class to watch the end of this game while the rest of the school was.

Reaction Score
Like all of you, this shot is burned in my memory. Every part of it. McGhee falling. The celebration after. The events that followed in the next 3 weeks. Even the pot-bellied security guard at the 24 second mark.

Reaction Score
It’s one of those plays where you’ll never forget where you were when watching it. Still get chills everyone I watch it.
I will never forget. That entire season was what carried me through chemo treatments.

If I remember correctly, that was on a Thursday, the day before I got my bi-weekly chemo session. Usually, those knocked me out for that rest of that Friday and weekend but you better believe I was amped for the semi-finals and finals before finally crashing after.

Reaction Score
I will never forget. That entire season was what carried me through chemo treatments.

If I remember correctly, that was on a Thursday, the day before I got my bi-weekly chemo session. Usually, those knocked me out for that rest of that Friday and weekend but you better believe I was amped for the semi-finals and finals before finally crashing after.
Wow, thanks for sharing. You are correct tho, it was a Thursday noon game during spring break. So I was on my couch watching at my parents house, I was in school at the time at UConn. I’ll never forget it. Think my neighbors were concerned about how loud I was yelling after he hit the shot.

Reaction Score
"Got a mismatch..."

Calhoun said after he knew they would switch it to create the mismatch. Pitt had plenty of time to switch back when Kemba reset and in hindsight (obviously) should have. No chance Jamal Coombs-McDaniel is shooting it there, even if nobody is guarding him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom