NIL success so far? | The Boneyard

NIL success so far?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how NIL opportunities have shaped up for the team this year? Does that information have to get recorded/shared with anyone besides the IRS?

I’d be very curious to know what the range and median is like for the players at this point…

Reaction Score
nobody knows apparently… interesting in its own right. It must be pretty closely guarded for now

Reaction Score
Not great unfortunately. Donors have been good but CT businesses have not supported the players like we are seeing in other states.

Reaction Score
Not great unfortunately. Donors have been good but CT businesses have not supported the players like we are seeing in other states.
Appreciate the heads up… the local CT economy admittedly hasn’t been great but disappointing to say the least.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I bought an NIL AJax UConn Tee shirt and wore it today. I will wear it for every game the rest of the year. Whether I wash it or not is up for debate.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I bought an NIL AJax UConn Tee shirt and wore it today. I will wear it for every game the rest of the year. Whether I wash it or not is up for debate.
NEVER after a win. ALWAYS after a loss. -- hopefully, it's dirty and reeks of sweat by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
On the women’s side I think Paige has some nice deals.

Reaction Score
Red Fox in Middletown has two guys under contract (Jackson and Clingan) and is working on a third player (know in a few days). Their events are great, hopefully many people here will continue to support them. It is not only on the small businesses but the fans to step up.
I know of a well funded team event in Bridgeport and F45 Training. I know from talking to him Jason Butikofer is working on some exciting stuff - stay tuned !

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how NIL opportunities have shaped up for the team this year? Does that information have to get recorded/shared with anyone besides the IRS?

I’d be very curious to know what the range and median is like for the players at this point…
Any good contract would have a non disclosure clause for the type of information you are looking for.

Reaction Score
Red Fox in Middletown has two guys under contract (Jackson and Clingan) and is working on a third player (know in a few days). Their events are great, hopefully many people here will continue to support them. It is not only on the small businesses but the fans to step up.
I know of a well funded team event in Bridgeport and F45 Training. I know from talking to him Jason Butikofer is working on some exciting stuff - stay tuned !
83F32129-84EF-46AA-8074-04BEFC7F9347.jpeg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You’ll never know and it’s not your business.

Reaction Score
Here’s an interesting article about NIL at UNC. The gist is that local businesses are supporting players directly, which is offset against the athletic dept budget and creating deficits for non revenue sports.

Student. Athlete. Mogul?

Hopefully, they get competitive commercial opportunities bottom line.

Reaction Score
What event in Bpt? I’m curious. Live in the area.

Reaction Score
The turnout was poor though at the last Andre event, I don’t know what they paid him, but they gave his group 4 nice meals and $. Maybe they got a few new customers out of it but I can’t see how it was a money maker for them. Fans need to do a better job supporting these events.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Do we have a “collective” like other schools and are they active? I thought the TikTok guy was starting one but I haven’t heard anything in a while…

Reaction Score
Do we have a “collective” like other schools and are they active? I thought the TikTok guy was starting one but I haven’t heard anything in a while…

“How can you help? I strongly encourage you to make a contribution to the collective called Bleeding Blue For Good (BBFG). The term "collective" has become quite popular within the NIL landscape. In short, it means a group of supporters who pool their resources to offer opportunities for student-athletes to earn money in exchange for performing services. BBFG helps our Huskies by not only identifying opportunities but also managing and coordinating the associated events, such as youth clinics and mentorship programs at local schools.”

More here:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Any good contract would have a non disclosure clause for the type of information you are looking for.

You’ll never know and it’s not your business.

Both of these. It's always going to be close to the vest, NIL has potential to be poison in locker rooms in certain situations. Interesting times. Proceed with caution.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Both of these. It's always going to be close to the vest, NIL has potential to be poison in locker rooms in certain situations. Interesting times. Proceed with caution.
I’d have to assume the entire locker room knows who the big earners are and how much they are earning… they are 18-22 year olds, I know if I was making bank at that age I’d be telling all my friends about it lol

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
“How can you help? I strongly encourage you to make a contribution to the collective called Bleeding Blue For Good (BBFG). The term "collective" has become quite popular within the NIL landscape. In short, it means a group of supporters who pool their resources to offer opportunities for student-athletes to earn money in exchange for performing services. BBFG helps our Huskies by not only identifying opportunities but also managing and coordinating the associated events, such as youth clinics and mentorship programs at local schools.”

More here:

If someone goes and gets any info, please share! I live in Tennessee so I won’t be able to participate in this but am curious to see what they are doing outside of merch and the Red Fox engagements…

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’ve heard people say this a lot. But so far I think only Miami had some blowback with Pack/Wong. Generally, I think guys will be happy for each other, jealousy over someone else’s financial success would probably be shut down by the larger group.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom