NIL officially a go at UConn (July 12) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NIL officially a go at UConn (July 12)

Reaction Score
Paige isn't a legend. UConn fans for some reason are enamored with her in a way they never were with Stewie. Not sure how to explain it.
But, my money is on her to reach that status.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige isn't a legend. UConn fans for some reason are enamored with her in a way they never were with Stewie. Not sure how to explain it.
I will give my explanation. She Performs way above her physical gifts. Her mind and will are her greatest gifts and only insane practice made her shot so incredible. Add that she man's the PG position and had to lead 7 freshman and others without an AA. Stewie is the greatest but she had an incredible set of physical gifts, surrounding AA's and far less pressure.

Reaction Score
I will give my explanation. She Performs way above her physical gifts. Her mind and will are her greatest gifts and only insane practice made her shot so incredible. Add that she man's the PG position and had to lead 7 freshman and others without an AA. Stewie is the greatest but she had an incredible set of physical gifts, surrounding AA's and far less pressure.
The drought

W

wolfe613

and if she doesn't win a title they'll just say she fell short of expectations

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Yep. One play can do it. How about Bobby Thomson?
LOL, I agree with that example Oldude, but I think a lot of people on this board are asking, who the hell is Bobby Thomson?
Also, that announcer was Monica McNutt, one of the worst analysts I have ever heard. Not good enough to make Paige a legend as yet.

Reaction Score
Ok, I will give you Paige as a boneyard legends however she not yet a UConn legend. You all can continue to be the wind beneath her wings as I fly my kite.

Reaction Score
Paige plays the 2 most of the time. Nika was the PG last season.

Reaction Score
Paige & Azzi will be instant millionaires based on BOTH their talent levels and charisma. They are both very active on social media with huge followings.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
LOL, I agree with that example Oldude, but I think a lot of people on this board are asking, who the hell is Bobby Thomson?
Also, that announcer was Monica McNutt, one of the worst analysts I have ever heard. Not good enough to make Paige a legend as yet.
Most of the folks on the board are older than dirt. They know who Bobby Thomson is, even if he wasn’t a legend. Whatever you think of McNutt as a broadcaster, on that particular call, she hit it out of the ballpark.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Paige plays the 2 most of the time. Nika was the PG last season.
Geno’s teams play position-less basketball, frequently interchanging ball-handling responsibilities. Paige, Evina & Nika all initiated the offense from time to time. Nika was 5th on the team in assists, over 100+ behind Paige who lead the team with 168 (5.7/game) Evina was 2nd. Liv was 3rd, followed by Christyn, then Nika.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ok, I will give you Paige as a boneyard legends however she not yet a UConn legend. You all can continue to be the wind beneath her wings as I fly my kite.
Here’s a question. Is there any former Husky besides Paige who was named NPOY who you don’t consider a UConn legend? Just to refresh your memory, UConn’s prior NPOY’s were: Rebecca, Jen, Kara, Sue, DT, Maya, Tina & Stewie, none of whom achieved that distinction as a freshman.

W

wolfe613

Here’s a question. Is there any former Husky besides Paige who was named NPOY who you don’t consider a UConn legend? Just to refresh your memory, UConn’s prior NPOY’s were: Rebecca, Jen, Kara, Sue, DT, Maya, Tina & Stewie, none of whom achieved that distinction as a freshman.
aren't players at Uconn judge by titles

Reaction Score
Paige is a boneyard legend. She has not won anything to be considered a UConn legend. Add a title or 2/4 for legends status. I am excited about the possibilities and this team going forward however the drought has not mad me crazy or delusional.

Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier (2015-19) — One of five members of the Huskies’ 2,000-point/1,000-rebound club and ranked in the top four all-time in both, the St. Charles, Missouri resident earned her spot in the top 10 with a special senior season. The 6-foot-1 forward averaged 20.8 points and 10.8 rebounds to become the first UConn player in 25 years to average a double-double. She broke the single-season record for rebounds with 411, 39 more than the previous mark. Her 25 double-doubles were six more than anyone else had.
LEGEND!!

Reaction Score
True but Paige making a shots in an out of conference game vs a team (Tennessee) that lost its glory years ago does not a legend make in my opinion. Nor does beating the chickenhawks. Now that shot in a championship game might. Maybe standards have lowered for legendary status.
I completely understand those who take a wait and see attitude but I think you are holding her to a standard (winning shot in a FF championship game) that other UConn legends never rose to.

W

wolfe613

Paige is a boneyard legend. She has not won anything to be considered a UConn legend. Add a title or 2/4 for legends status. I am excited about the possibilities and this team going forward however the drought has not mad me crazy or delusional.
you must be new here, words like generational and legend get thrown pretty easily. Fudd has yet to play a single minute and already is being called both those things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom