NIL issues | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NIL issues

Reaction Score
The president of the NCAA lashed out at "evidence of dysfunction in today's NIL environment" while reiterating his desire to see Congress create national guidelines to shape so-called name, image and likeness endorsement deals that are reshaping college sports.

Dysfunction? You don't say?! I know a lot of this is because of the courts but it seems only the NCAA could ---- something up so badly.

Reaction Score
This happens all the time. Coaches throw numbers out there that a recruit wants to hear. Many of them don’t see anything close to what is promised. I am just shocked it’s taken this long for an athlete to push back. Good for him. I don’t know anything about the situation, but even with that, I would comfortably bet the coach at unlv promised 100k.

Reaction Score
I still wonder how a 20 year old football senior whose assignment is to block, feels about a freshman coming into school driving a Mercedes Benz, and expects you to help him secure more. Or a Junior with an uncertain future sees a freshman kid walk in to first team practice having already earned a years salary.

I originally thought the NIL money would be pooled into a pot for all to share.

Reaction Score
I still wonder how a 20 year old football senior whose assignment is to block, feels about a freshman coming into school driving a Mercedes Benz, and expects you to help him secure more. Or a Junior with an uncertain future sees a freshman kid walk in to first team practice having already earned a years salary.

I originally thought the NIL money would be pooled into a pot for all to share.

that why the first rule of NIL is ..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom