2025 Recruiting: - Niko Bundalo Update | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Niko Bundalo Update

Reaction Score
Whatever happens, Bundalo seems like a rare kid I'll root for wherever he goes. Hope he somehow gets on UNC if it's not with us. Secondly, if he doesn't come this means Danny and staff is happy at the 4/5. That's the best news of all.

Reaction Score
Until something comes to light as new information, I will remain stunned that we wouldn't want this kid vs a 6th guard. If, as reported, we have more than 1 player willing to commit and we are selecting Furphy, it would appear that Bundalo surely would be the only other unnamed second player ready to commit. Thus we are clearly passing on him vs him passing on us. He is a player with unicorn attributes but perhaps there is a question whether his style of high intensity is a fit with our players? I hope we get an understanding in the future.

Reaction Score
Until something comes to light as new information, I will remain stunned that we wouldn't want this kid vs a 6th guard. If, as reported, we have more than 1 player willing to commit and we are selecting Furphy, it would appear that Bundalo surely would be the only other unnamed second player ready to commit. Thus we are clearly passing on him vs him passing on us. He is a player with unicorn attributes but perhaps there is a question whether his style of high intensity is a fit with our players? I hope we get an understanding in the future.
Signing him we’re probably exceed the salary cap

Reaction Score
What is his shooting like? Maybe DH wants every player on the floor to be a threat shooting from outside.

Reaction Score
Bundalo is an American citizen. Furphy would be playing on a Visa, which has NIL implications, which is probably why we have room for him but not an American player.
Now this makes sense, because Bundalo to UConn makes sense too. Maybe the "salary cap limitation" scenario is not so far off the mark. Do we ever get the skivvy on how these decisions really go down?

Reaction Score
We also need a player with size to come in, unless they really have plans for Singare.

But a lot of people are reporting that all his favorites are actually out on him. With NIL you never know what is going on.

Reaction Score
Bundalo is an American citizen. Furphy would be playing on a Visa, which has NIL implications, which is probably why we have room for him but not an American player.
International players can get NIL just like American players, it's just done in a slightly different way

Reaction Score
So next year at 4-5,Singare, Tarrin, Rye bah, and 3-4 Stewart, Ross, Abraham

Even if McNeeley is a 2 year he'd be a 2-3, yes?

So looks like they are covered at 4 unless guys don't develop or really develop and are drafted. Did Karaban tell Hurley he will stay for #4???

Portal is the backup unless Bundalo reopens like McNeeley

Reaction Score
Portal just makes more sense because it gives Hurley time to assess who is going to leave after the season and what needs, if any, there are on the roster.

Reaction Score

So looks like they are covered at 4 unless guys don't develop or really develop and are drafted. Did Karaban tell Hurley he will stay for #4???

I'm sure Mullins or Furphy will play as the 3rd guard at times as well. Our lineup for next season so far is screaming flexibility to me. 4 guys who could play point, and a stable who could play 2-4

Reaction Score

1: Mahaney / Nowell
2: Ball / Adams
3: Mullins / Ross
4: Stew / Abe
5: Reed / Reibe / Singare

We are covered at every position unless someone in addition to Alex and Liam go pro. Then portal.

Reaction Score
1: Mahaney / Nowell
2: Ball / Adams
3: Mullins / Ross
4: Stew / Abe
5: Reed / Reibe / Singare

We are covered at every position unless someone in addition to Alex and Liam go pro. Then portal.

Gut says we have one more wing go pro, which explains the Furphy recruitment.

Reaction Score
Hilarious to see we're still listed in Meleek Thomas and Acaden Lewis' final three or four. Save $25 buying a hat to put on the table. Of course, I'd love either, but it ain't happening.

Reaction Score
Gut says we have one more wing go pro, which explains the Furphy recruitment.
I’ve got No idea if furphy can start or will even be in the rotation as a frosh but leaning towards the latter for now

So if Ball goes pro i could see the starting lineup being Mahaney/Mullins/Ross/Stew/Reed but if Ross isn’t ready to start as a jr we might need a plug n play transfer starter on the wing (unless it’s furphy)

If Stew goes pro (which is sounding less likely) then I don’t think we have anyone that can start at PF. I see Reibe getting 5-10mpg at PF but not being the starter. So we’d need a plug n play transfer starter at PF.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now this makes sense, because Bundalo to UConn makes sense too. Maybe the "salary cap limitation" scenario is not so far off the mark. Do we ever get the skivvy on how these decisions really go down?
Interesting analysis, but why no just wait until spring portal opens?

Reaction Score
This board has railed against teams loading up on highly rated freshman vs. a balance between freshman and experienced role players from the portal. Hurley’s approach has worked. Now some of you want to change that and start loading up on highly rated, but inexperienced freshmen, because we can?

Reaction Score
Much lesser programs than UConn seem to be passing on him. Kid wants to come here and the staff doesn't want to add him. You have to trust our guys.

Reaction Score
International players can get NIL just like American players, it's just done in a slightly different way
I've been reading to understand how NIL works for international students so I could have an educated response but I still don't understand it fully. Furphy would probably be on an F-1 Visa which means any NIL work would have to be done outside of the US in order to avoid restrictions from immigration law, but I guess recently some international students have been getting P-1 or O-1 visas which might allow them to get NIL within the US. While researching I did find this article from around the 2023 National Championship:

UConn is among a smaller group of schools trying to help its athletes find a safe way to make money while in America. Athletic director David Benedict and David Noble, the director of the university's Peter J. Werth Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, said the university is developing classes and a minor program of study open to all students that could help athletes take advantage of an exception in -1 visa rules known as Curricular Practical Training (CPT). The rule allows international students to earn money through work as long as it includes "training [that] relates directly to the student's major area of study" and "is an integral part of the school's established curriculum."

It's possible that they're tapped out of the traditional NIL funding through collectives, etc. and they're trying to take advantage of this program. I know it's speculation, but I'd rather speculate this than saying he must have character issues.

Reaction Score
Can't imagine three recruits being better fits for the Program than the three Dan/staff got commitments out of. Can't envision a better 2025 class in CBB for roster needs and player skill sets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom