OT: - Nike, Under Armour, Adidas not interested in deal with Lonzo Ball | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Nike, Under Armour, Adidas not interested in deal with Lonzo Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Maybe Heely's or L.A. Gear?

This fact will blow your mind:

To date, over 100 million pairs of SHAQ and Dunkman footwear have been sold in the US alone

I've bought 2 of those.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
One of my buddies texted me today saying that they look exactly like the generic shoes in NBA 2K.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And yea, the design is definitely a mash-up of the last few Kobes and Adidas Boost with the fake cushioning in the heel.

That's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

Could say the same about the price too I guess.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
One of my buddies texted me today saying that they look exactly like the generic shoes in NBA 2K.

This would be so perfect if that's how Lavar came up with these. I can just see the due struggling for some inspiration, coming up on somebody playing the game, and having a light bulb go off.

I very much want this to be true.

Reaction Score
Funny that you bring up the Boost rip off. I just bought a pair of the Crazy Explosive Lows and they are by far the most comfortable shoe I have played in. Everything about the shoe is great, Boost is amazing - except for the Styrofoam look of the Boost itself. And this is what they decide to rip off. Perplexing.

I think it would be cool for the Ball company to license themselves out to a particular extremely high quality hoops shoe brand that just happens to be based in Los Angeles - Brandblack. This would be a really cool fit. Putting out your own shoe is really an awesome accomplishment but working with a legitimate outfit that actually does this for a living and has the sourcing/manufacturing/distribution already figured out is a wise idea.

So after taking pre-orders on the first BBB shoes, they realized it was going to be too expensive and completely scrapped the design and are now using Brandblack to design and manufacture the shoes.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So after taking pre-orders on the first BBB shoes, they realized it was going to be too expensive and completely scrapped the design and are now using Brandblack to design and manufacture the shoes.

You really nailed that.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I want you all to go back in the Boneyard time machine and sticky the post where I predicted the next phase of this BBB scheme is a reality TV show. Mark my words it's coming, this is so transparent to anyone who isn't over 40.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I want you all to go back in the Boneyard time machine and sticky the post where I predicted the next phase of this BBB scheme is a reality TV show. Mark my words it's coming, this is so transparent to anyone who isn't over 40.

Don't they already have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99