OT: - Nike, Under Armour, Adidas not interested in deal with Lonzo Ball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Nike, Under Armour, Adidas not interested in deal with Lonzo Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Starbury sneakers were actually "value priced" here in The States from the intro. Stephon wanted them to be more affordable for kids - and parents.

So is Lonzo currently paying for his own sneakers?

Reaction Score
Alright time to fire your dad, just cost you at minimum a 6 digit shoe contract . Think kemba/blake Griffin with brand jordan, no sig shoe but gets a pay check.

Reaction Score
LiAngelo can make the BBB brand big in the D-League. If he even makes it there.

Reaction Score
I believe the CEO of Nike said LaVar Ball is the worst thing to happen to basketball in the last 100 years.

That's all you need to know. The industry wants nothing to do with this guy.

Reaction Score
I heard a rumor that Gatorade turned down a co-branding deal with LaVar Ball to invest in an energy drink for "Ball Juice". Gatorade didn't think it would be enticing with most athletes. Ha! ;)

Reaction Score
Ball family is betting on themselves, no problem with that, taking a huge risk, give the family credit.

Nothing great is ever created without taking some type of risk.

I wish them the best of luck even though Lavar Ball is very unlikeable.

pj

Reaction Score
Lavar is likable in a way, but he's not the kind of guy you'd want to do business with. No sense of what's reasonable, and very greedy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I heard a rumor that Gatorade turned down a co-branding deal with LaVar Ball to invest in an energy drink for "Ball Juice". Gatorade didn't think it would be enticing with most athletes. Ha! ;)

In the age of the internet, 'Ball Juice' implies something else entirely.

0/10 would not buy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't mind LaVar Ball. He's entertaining. But he's in over his head here. Hurting Lonzo monetarily.

Reaction Score
In the age of the internet, 'Ball Juice' implies something else entirely.

0/10 would not buy.
There's no way that actually happened though. Big Baller Brand itself shows poor enough insight in to the female demographic. Ball Juice? No friggin way this guy who presumably takes himself seriously as a businessman and entrepaneur would show up to Gator-frikin-ade with Ball Juice.

Reaction Score
@JSM1970 what are your thoughts on Lonzo's signature shoe being priced out at 250% more than the most expensive signature shoe on the market? Lets see how well those meds are working.

Honestly, the shoe is really nice aesthetically. It reminds me of the newer Kobe's and the color scheme is on point. Unfortunately, the logo is ugly and I wouldn't wear these for that reason alone. The Under Armour problem. The logo flipped, like it is on the tongue is actually good looking but the triple B is terrible.

Reaction Score
Maybe Heely's or L.A. Gear?

This fact will blow your mind:

To date, over 100 million pairs of SHAQ and Dunkman footwear have been sold in the US alone

Reaction Score
@JSM1970 what are your thoughts on Lonzo's signature shoe being priced out at 250% more than the most expensive signature shoe on the market? Lets see how well those meds are working.

Honestly, the shoe is really nice aesthetically. It reminds me of the newer Kobe's and the color scheme is on point. Unfortunately, the logo is ugly and I wouldn't wear these for that reason alone. The Under Armour problem. The logo flipped, like it is on the tongue is actually good looking but the triple B is terrible.
Not that I would buy them anyway, but they should have just let the logo they came up with for Lonzo stand on its own and leave the BBB crap off of it. And yea, the design is definitely a mash-up of the last few Kobes and Adidas Boost with the fake cushioning in the heel.

Reaction Score
Not that I would buy them anyway, but they should have just let the logo they came up with for Lonzo stand on its own and leave the BBB crap off of it. And yea, the design is definitely a mash-up of the last few Kobes and Adidas Boost with the fake cushioning in the heel.

Funny that you bring up the Boost rip off. I just bought a pair of the Crazy Explosive Lows and they are by far the most comfortable shoe I have played in. Everything about the shoe is great, Boost is amazing - except for the Styrofoam look of the Boost itself. And this is what they decide to rip off. Perplexing.

I think it would be cool for the Ball company to license themselves out to a particular extremely high quality hoops shoe brand that just happens to be based in Los Angeles - Brandblack. This would be a really cool fit. Putting out your own shoe is really an awesome accomplishment but working with a legitimate outfit that actually does this for a living and has the sourcing/manufacturing/distribution already figured out is a wise idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom