Nike, Adidas or Under Armour? Who wears what in FBS – 2017 edition (FootballScoop.com) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nike, Adidas or Under Armour? Who wears what in FBS – 2017 edition (FootballScoop.com)

Reaction Score
Roos, I want Roos with the pocket in the top of the shoe tongue and everything!

Reaction Score
Wait, New Balance is actually a cool brand and a New England, brand too.

Reaction Score
55c1d1d5953839de25173355cf5ebf78--la-gear-school-shoes.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had the privilege of talking to Kyle Muncy in the parking lot at the Tulane game last season. I was blunt and asked him about the apparel deal and if UA would be a player. His exact quote was this "The talks have already started on a new shoe/apparel contract and Under Armour doesn't have any money left in the coffers for a school like UConn after their deal with Wisconsin,.....Nike makes a LOT of money off of UConn apparel sales. With the schools they have recently lost to UA and Adidas they are going to step up to keep us"

Why does this not fill me with confidence? The guy admits that Nike's main competition won't be a player and yet believes that Nike will have to step up to keep us. That sounds like something from the Rick Perry school of economics.

Reaction Score
Why does this not fill me with confidence? The guy admits that Nike's main competition won't be a player and yet believes that Nike will have to step up to keep us. That sounds like something from the Rick Perry school of economics.
It was more like Nike was going to step to the plate and UA didn't have the $ to match. I also wouldn't call UA Nike's only main competition. Adidas replaced Nike at Miami recently and did the same at Michigan, Wisconsin and UCLA before those schools went elsewhere. I would say they are as much competition right now as UA.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IMG_3507.JPG
Adidas has produced a fair amount of UConn stuff over the years. Obviously different than devoloping and producing uniforms but yeah.

Reaction Score
Yeah it looked it up. There are some articles about how recruits don't wanna wear Russel Athletic. Why on earth would Georgia Tech sign a deal with them?
CEO/High level exec is a GT alum

GaTech Russell contract up for negotiation (expires June 2018):

What do companies pay for in an apparel contract?

Interesting read if interested on how sausage is made and metrics used to determine value.

>>That being the case, schools with the largest fan bases typically have the largest contracts, as their sales potential is greater. Three schools with the largest apparel contracts, Michigan, Notre Dame and Texas, ranked first, third and fourth, respectively, in a 2014 ranking of schools by licensing royalties received from merchandise sales. Tech was 50th.

“I think when you look at the three, their priority is retail, and, in fact the reason that they do these deals is because of retail,” Stansbury said on his podcast.

The success of the schools’ teams — and the consequential exposure that the winning brings — also is part of the purchase price. Whenever a team plays on television, with the apparel maker’s logos affixed across the uniforms and shoes/clears, the broadcast becomes a virtual commercial for that company and often can replace the need to buy advertising time, Jensen said.<<

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom