Nika will play vs Florida State... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nika will play vs Florida State...

Reaction Score
Praise The Lord GIF by Soul Train

Reaction Score
What’s the over/under on how long it takes Nika to whack a FSU player? I’m thinking 8 minutes. :)

I’m thrilled that Nika is back and Dorka probably is.

Nika is still leading the nation in assists per game.
No way 8 minutes. She has a lot of pent up "whacks" from siting out the Maryland game and part of the Princeton game. Over/under is 4 minutes. I like the under.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Latson was the #1 SG in the freshman recruiting class (#14 overall) and is 5th in the nation in scoring. She must be really good. Nika will need to be careful about fouls.

Well, Clark of Iowa was screaming at her team to get Nika out of her face. I expect nothing less in this game. Latson is not a Caitlin Clark.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nika returning is the worst news FSU could get. FSU's top scorer Latson, at around 25 ppg, is a freshman guard. She will experience the true Croatian Nightmare Nika Muhl.
"The Croatian Nightmare" I like it!! Do you remember the Nigerian Nightmare? :eek:

1671304830690.png

That would be Christian Okoye. A running back for the Kansas City Chiefs. from 1987-1992. Okoye was drafted out of a little school here in So. Calif...Azusa Pacific. Nicknamed the "Nigerian Nightmare", he is known for his powerful running style and ability to break tackles.
When he was in the open field and running at top speed, he was a safety's worse nightmare. :confused:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Because it would be dangerous to the other players?

Soccer has been using these headband style protectors for years. I'd expect something along these lines.

View attachment 82008
I hear you Biff, but I'm "old school. Give me a hockey helmet and look out. :mad: ;)

1671305286015.png

Reaction Score
HELMETS??? We dont need no stinking helmets. If Nika wasnt 100% Geno wouldnt let her play.

Reaction Score
Great news!!
Especially since we know that Ines can give Nika a breather without the sky falling.
Maybe the injury gremlins will take a break as well.
I'm not sure Geno believes that ( " ....without the sky falling").

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"The Croatian Nightmare" I like it!! Do you remember the Nigerian Nightmare? :eek:

View attachment 82027

That would be Christian Okoye. A running back for the Kansas City Chiefs. from 1987-1992. Okoye was drafted out of a little school here in So. Calif...Azusa Pacific. Nicknamed the "Nigerian Nightmare", he is known for his powerful running style and ability to break tackles.
When he was in the open field and running at top speed, he was a safety's worse nightmare. :confused:

Okoye definitely ran “downhill.”

Reaction Score
HELMETS??? We dont need no stinking helmets. If Nika wasnt 100% Geno wouldnt let her play.
While great to get Nika back tomorrow, in the whole scheme of things, we don't need her playing at full speed until the playoffs. The issue isn't her playing on Sunday at full speed, its keeping her healthy until it really matters.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
While great to get Nika back tomorrow, in the whole scheme of things, we don't need her playing at full speed until the playoffs. The issue isn't her playing on Sunday at full speed, its keeping her healthy until it really matters.
Nika only has one speed and that would be Turbo Charged!!!

Reaction Score
I haven't heard that song in years, I remember when it came out in 1989. I was stationed in Taegu, Korea and it was played a lot on Armed Forces radio.
The video has Jeff Lynn lead singer from ELO, Ringo Starr on drums, and Bob Dylan. They then added Roy Orbison and George Harrison to become The Travelling Wilburys in 1988-ish...

One of my favorites was End of the Line:

Reaction Score
The video has Jeff Lynn lead singer from ELO, Ringo Starr on drums, and Bob Dylan. They then added Roy Orbison and George Harrison to become The Travelling Wilburys in 1988-ish...

As I remember it, Orbison died after recording his vocals for End of the Line, but before the video was shot. That is why there is a shot of a guitar sitting in a rocking chair (that is still rocking for the 'legend') and a photo of Roy is shown when you hear his voice.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

I believe the drummer in this video is actually Jim Keltner, who was the drummer on both Traveling Willburys Volumes 1 and 3. Here is the extended version of End of the Line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom