Nika will play vs Florida State... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika will play vs Florida State...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is music to my ears. I was so worried that concussion protocol would keep her out much longer. Those things can be tricky and dangerous. Love this news!!! Welcome back Nika!!

seinfeld-excited.gif

Reaction Score
This is good news. I doubt it is her nature, but I would prefer to see Nika play a bit more cautiously to avoid the flying elbows for a few games so that she doesn't get her bell rung again.

If Dorka can play for some minutes and get to the point where she isn't thinking about the thumb they will be more than good to go on Sunday.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Easy to understand Dorka’s mental concerns.
Last year broken wrist that required surgery and long rehab and this year broken thumb. Not hard to understand her concerns as to what’s next. ...
right.

i'm concerned that maybe dorka hasn't played because of physical reasons but because she just needs to get her head straight. this is understandable, yet it potentially could affect her ability to perform at her best anytime soon,

i 'm not expecting this, but i do worry that it could take some time to overcome this mental thing. maybe she would only need a quarter, or a game or two -- or no time at all. still, there is a chance it could be worse because emotions are unpredictable.

this would be especially tragic considering this is her final year of college ball. she probably needs it to come up with a good one -- maybe an outstanding one -- if the wnba is to come acalling.

it's bad enough for dorka -- not to mention for the team (and the fans) -- that she has missed so many games already. this too could weigh heavy on her mind.

i'm hope i'm simply being a worrywart.

in any case feel bad for her.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I expect to see better TO stats for this game! It literally cost UConn the MD game.
Didn't we lose the MD game because we literally didn't score 1 more point than they did? If we made 3 more 3s, we literally would have won. So on and so forth.
Swerving back to the OP.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I will be at the game on Sunday and I cannot wait. Mohegan Sun is a great venue, we will probably dress nine, and Nika will be running the show!

Last year was a bummer at Mohegan, losing to Louisville, but that will not happen this time!

I don`t think we will have trouble scoring - Wisconsin put up 87 against them - this should be fun!

Go Nika!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but I don't get the Palo Alto reference. I know that's where Stanford is, and that Stanford is playing Tennessee on Sunday, but I don't see why the Stanford WBB team or Tara would be especially interested in whether or not Nika plays for UConn against Florida State on Sunday. Can you elaborate?

Still, it's nice to hear that Nika will be fully in gear for Sunday's game.
That means our number of potential turnovers for this game were just cut in half. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
What’s the over/under on how long it takes Nika to whack a FSU player? I’m thinking 8 minutes. :)

I’m thrilled that Nika is back and Dorka probably is.

Nika is still leading the nation in assists per game.
Can WCBB players wear hockey style helmets? Nika could sure use one. If she could, no more concussions. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
I will be at the game on Sunday and I cannot wait. Mohegan Sun is a great venue, we will probably dress nine, and Nika will be running the show!

Last year was a bummer at Mohegan, losing to Louisville, but that will not happen this time!

I don`t think we will have trouble scoring - Wisconsin put up 87 against them - this should be fun!

Go Nika!
Hey Huskee11, how about an "eye witness" account of the game. You'll see a different game sitting in the arena than we will on TV.

Reaction Score
It's just how I feel. Go one, tell me you don't.

Without a doubt the best soprano and tenor sections ever [VERY Crisp!], but the balance with the Bass and Alto is not as good as some choirs that I have been in.

The message however, is exactly as I feel as well! Praise God for the blessing of Nika back on the court, and may he protect (and all the team) from any further injury, and may all be healed to FULL strength and better than ever very, very soon!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Can WCBB players wear hockey style helmets? Nika could sure use one. If she could, no more concussions. :D

That's actually a fair question. I don't see why not.
Because it would be dangerous to the other players?

Soccer has been using these headband style protectors for years. I'd expect something along these lines.

Screenshot 2022-12-16 213424.jpg

Reaction Score
Much like last season there is a silver lining when UCONN starters sit out a few games and return. Last season, UCONN players who wouldn't have played much got a lot of minutes during the regular season because of injuries to the starters. When the NCAA Playoffs started and UCONN got many of their starters back, UCONN had a bench with experience and that helped during the NCAA Tournament. I see the same opportunity for UCONN come tournament time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nika returning is the worst news FSU could get. FSU's top scorer Latson, at around 25 ppg, is a freshman guard. She will experience the true Croatian Nightmare Nika Muhl.

Latson was the #1 SG in the freshman recruiting class (#14 overall) and is 5th in the nation in scoring. She must be really good. Nika will need to be careful about fouls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom