Nika watch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika watch

Reaction Score
Of course, I have seen Clark play, though I often misspell her name. She led the nation in assists and was second in scoring. To me, she isn't even a shoot-first PG; she's a shoot-first and shoot-second PG. She won the NPOY awards based on her scoring more so than her passing, in my opinion.
Then, if you've seen her play, Milford, you need to watch more carefully.;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Question?

Does anyone know where Nika stands on total assists over 3 years?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Even with The KId and Arnold picking up a lot of assists, Muhl should be able to grab at least 100-150, maybe more. Bird and Taurasi both had 200+ in the 01-02 season.

Anyway, that would put her into the Top Ten all-time. Not bad for what some consider a "non-starter". ;)

Reaction Score
As I read the posts two things jump out at me. Caitlin Clark is a great point guard and will be one of the biggest stars to ever play in the WNBA and will earn a lot of awards this season because she has earned them. The second is UCONN will not win a championship without huge contributions by Nika. She is the best defender coming back, she pushes the floor as good as anyone in the country and she gets the ball to the right player at the right time. There is zero chance a healthy Nika isn't a starter for this team.

An interesting question is could CC win the player of the year and not be the best point guard? I would say yes because she could win it by averaging an absurd amount of points but not be the assist leader or a major factor on defending the opposing teams floor general. This award is definitely not out of reach for Nika based on the strengths of her game but CC will be in the conversation too.

Reaction Score
As I read the posts two things jump out at me. Caitlin Clark is a great point guard and will be one of the biggest stars to ever play in the WNBA and will earn a lot of awards this season because she has earned them. The second is UCONN will not win a championship without huge contributions by Nika. She is the best defender coming back, she pushes the floor as good as anyone in the country and she gets the ball to the right player at the right time. There is zero chance a healthy Nika isn't a starter for this team.

An interesting question is could CC win the player of the year and not be the best point guard? I would say yes because she could win it by averaging an absurd amount of points but not be the assist leader or a major factor on defending the opposing teams floor general. This award is definitely not out of reach for Nika based on the strengths of her game but CC will be in the conversation too.
I don't think that she will be one of the biggest stars to ever play in the WNBA. I can think of a few that were bigger, Lisa Leslie, Candace Parker, Maya Moore, some lady named Diana Taursi, and Chamique Holdsclaw.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

For Clark to become a great player in the WNBA, she needs to learn to play defense and be more of a team player when it comes to shooting. Last year she had almost as many 3 point attempts vs the total attempts of the #2 scorer on the team, 360 vs 402 and almost took 31% of all shots, that won't make it in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Of course, I have seen Clark play, though I often misspell her name. She led the nation in assists and was second in scoring. To me, she isn't even a shoot-first PG; she's a shoot-first and shoot-second PG. She won the NPOY awards based on her scoring more so than her passing, in my opinion.
Who can doubt the scoring.?.... but those passes on the highlight reels are tremendous!. Clark
will be a superstar in the WNBA (IMO) not only for her long distance bombs, but also for her passing
skills = those LONG transition passes for baskets by Warnock etc, and her ability to work the ball to
and from Cinzaro (sp). That combination was a well oiled Law Firm ( as they say in Iowa ).

Reaction Score
Nice article about Nika's potential role in 23-24 season.

from the Stamford Press

Nika Mühl is UConn women’s basketball team’s ‘tremendous leader’: What she means to 2023-24 Huskies​

Maggie Vanoni, Staff writer 10/27/23

Quote from Geno,"“You know everything that everybody loves about Nika, including me, are the things that we're trying really, really hard to get her to harness,” he said. “Because as she goes so is our team gonna go and I need her to have complete control of it. …. I think the comfort level that she has right now the confidence that she has, is probably the highest it's ever been since she's been here.” Nika on Paige's return, "We know who is good at what. I know what she's good at. She knows what I'm good at," Mühl said. "And we're always gonna put each other in positions that we know we're gonna succeed in and that we know we're gonna, you know, be good at, so I don't have any problem. You know, we're seniors. That's what is expected of us. We're not freshmen anymore. Now there's more pressure, there's more responsibilities, and we're gonna share them."

(link to article below)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
A huge question for me is, what are we going to do next year when Nika is no longer a Husky. I would say, 20-30 % of our discussions are related in some way to Nika. We love her, we hate her, she is great, she is not so great. Actually, I think even the nay sayers regarding her will miss her, because I believe there is not too many former players that are loved universally like she is. Nika will truly be missed, but that's for next season, so I am really looking forward to seeing her perform for us one last year, and I think it will be her best year to date. Love her and always will.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom