Nika ranking 1 world exposure report ranking | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika ranking 1 world exposure report ranking

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is a win win. Having Paige dueling with Kika in practice will make both better. I can't remember the last time we had two point guards with this skillset.

Nika committed 1 week after Paige. She knew exactly what she is up against and relishes the competition

Muhl gives UConn another option in the backcourt in 2020-21, with point guard Crystal Dangerfield set to graduate after next season. Before making her announcement, Muhl said she would welcome the challenge of competing with Bueckers for the point guard job.

“I don’t think that’s a problem. Actually, I think that’s an honor because she’s a really good player,” Muhl said. “She was in the camp two days ago, and we played against each other. We are two very different players, but I think we could play together definitely one day. … I love the competition.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If wish's were fishes we all cast nets in the sea. I believe Geno will want to start the best point guard, who can also play defense, and the best shooting guard, who can also play defense. Hmmm. Sort of makes you wish the season had already started so we would know the answer to those questions.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nika committed 1 week after Paige. She knew exactly what she is up against and relishes the competition

Muhl gives UConn another option in the backcourt in 2020-21, with point guard Crystal Dangerfield set to graduate after next season. Before making her announcement, Muhl said she would welcome the challenge of competing with Bueckers for the point guard job.

“I don’t think that’s a problem. Actually, I think that’s an honor because she’s a really good player,” Muhl said. “She was in the camp two days ago, and we played against each other. We are two very different players, but I think we could play together definitely one day. … I love the competition.”
Nika also says she considers herself a combo guard which means she not only competing with Paige but also Evina and Christyn and in a year with Saylor and Caroline. All UCONN players relish competition Saylor and Caroline signed on after Nika and the player not to be named is still considering UCONN last I heard. I love Nika game as much as anyone but I just think people are getting carried away by these ranking and over inflating expectations. I think @Sluconn Husky said it best. If Nika becomes a stater or has to play significant minutes this season or next, several things would probably have gone wrong for UCONN WBB.

Reaction Score

Why should she care. She can easily play the Sue Bird and Maria Conlon role to Paige just like they did with DT. Just like DT, I'm not sure if Paige will be the starting PG all that much.

Reaction Score
Nika also says she considers herself a combo guard which means she not only competing with Paige but also Evina and Christyn and in a year with Saylor and Caroline. All UCONN players relish competition Saylor and Caroline signed on after Nika and the player not to be named is still considering UCONN last I heard. I love Nika game as much as anyone but I just think people are getting carried away by these ranking and over inflating expectations. I think @Sluconn Husky said it best. If Nika becomes a stater or has to play significant minutes this season or next, several things would probably have gone wrong for UCONN WBB.
Caroline and Saylor will be competing with Anna, Aubrey, Mir, and Aaliyah for time at the 3 and 4 spots rather than the backcourt with Nika, Paige, Chrystin, and the girl who shall not be named.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nika will likely be part of the regular rotation this year. How much PT she actually gets may depend more on Evina’s health than how Nika does relative to Paige.

Right now I see 5 players who can play 1-3 for the Huskies: Christyn, Evina, Anna, Paige & Nika. That’s 5 players for 120 mpg. Geno could even run Anna or Evina at the 4 if he wants to try out a small lineup.

Reaction Score
She's getting comps to Luka Dončić. She'll get significant minutes and by the end of the year, could be starting in certain matchups.

Reaction Score
Attach files

I've said a few times that if Paige wasn't Paige, we'd all be jumping out of our seats excited about Nika and what she can bring to the point.

Time will show them both to be very special players.
Very true. It might not happen often, but I would love to see some of Nika and Paige at the same time, with Paige sliding over to shooting guard. If combined with Anna at SF, and maybe Aubrey and Aaliyah filling the lanes, that would be an awesome passing/fast breaking lineup.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Well, that settles it. Nika will start before Paige and be our starting point guard for the next four seasons. ;) Poor Paige. I know she had her hopes up.
Paige is quite comfortable playing shooting guard. There’s nothing wrong with having a pure point guard and a combo guard on the floor at the same time.

Reaction Score

we know she can play defense, pass the ball and rebound.................. the $24,000 question is whether she can shoot the ball.................if she can she may get more minutes then first thought.........

Reaction Score
She's getting comps to Luka Dončić. She'll get significant minutes and by the end of the year, could be starting in certain matchups.
Thanks for the laugh. Comps by who, Stephen A. Smith? At this rate she could be “generational” before she plays a game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does this International player ranking make UConn the "Official" #1 recruiting class for this year now? :rolleyes:
:eek: This is yet another example of a UCONN bias and ESPN dragging their feet. Everyone know that UCONN deserves that #1 2020 recruiting class trophy.
1603802302563.png

Reaction Score
In earlier threads I indicated that I thought Nika would be a special player for the Huskies - nothing I've seen has changed that view. . If she is coming in with the relentless defense, great court vision, and enthusiastic pass first, 'make my teammates better' attitude and skillset that is reported Geno will find her minutes. I loved her comment that she prefers an assist over a score, as it makes two players happy (in Uconn's case that would actually be a few thousand). She appears to have great drive and self awareness, has self assessed her need to work on her shooting and is excited about the challenge of going at Paige every day in practice. This kid is a poster child for a UCONN WCBB recruit. I think, if Nika, Paige, and Evina all play as anticipated we will see a rotation of all three scaring the crap out of the opposition and running a very crisp offense that is a joy to watch for our fans and a godsend to our interior guys. Our 3-5's just better keep there eyes on the ball and hands ready because no-look and line drive passes are going to be coming into them for the better part of forty minutes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In earlier threads I indicated that I thought Nika would be a special player for the Huskies - nothingnesses ng I've seen has changed that view. . If she is coming in with the relentless defense, great court vision, and enthusiastic pass first, 'make my teammates better' attitude and skillset that is reported Geno will find her minutes. I loved her comment that she prefers an assist over a score, as it makes two players happy (in Uconn's case that would actually be a few thousand). She appears to have great drive and self awareness, has self assessed her need to work on her shooting and is excited about the challenge of going at Paige every day in practice. This kid is a poster child for a UCONN WCBB recruit. I think, if Nika, Paige, and Evina all play as anticipated we will see a rotation of all three scaring the crap out of the opposition and running a very crisp offense that is a joy to watch for our fans and a godsend to our interior guys. Our 3-5's just better keep there eyes on the ball and hands ready because no-look and line drive passes are going to be coming into them for the better part of forty minutes.
I guess Christyn Williams is going to be spectating for the next two season?

Reaction Score
I guess Christyn Williams is going to be spectating for the next two season?
I didn't mean to suggest that. I think (and hope) Christyn has a big year. I don't believe she has the passing skills of the three I mentioned but I expect to see her as the beneficiary of lots of great passes that she finishes with scores outside and slashes to the basket. If any combination up top, of Evina, Paige and Nika are able to compliment each other in running a fast paced passing offense and an aggressive defense I could see Geno playing a three guard (and depending on size of competition, four at times) which most definitely would be counting on significant scoring from Christyn.

Reaction Score
I think Nika was solidly ""under the radar" just a few months ago, but my sense now is she's above the horizon - and that return echo is getting quite a bit more distinct - and much, much, stronger. :D

Reaction Score
With this many guard options, I'm just looking forward to some aggressive defense where the opposing team has a tough time getting a shot off.... because we can absorb a few fouls. That's what depth gets you.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I didn't mean to suggest that. I think (and hope) Christyn has a big year. I don't believe she has the passing skills of the three I mentioned but I expect to see her as the beneficiary of lots of great passes that she finishes with scores outside and slashes to the basket. If any combination up top, of Evina, Paige and Nika are able to compliment each other in running a fast paced passing offense and an aggressive defense I could see Geno playing a three guard (and depending on size of competition, four at times) which most definitely would be counting on significant scoring from Christyn.
If it's a passing team you are after then you might want to put Anna Makurat on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom