Nika ranking 1 world exposure report ranking | The Boneyard

Nika ranking 1 world exposure report ranking

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With Aaliyah Edwards is at no. 4 You know Nika has to have some pretty great potential. Plus with Muhl at no. 1 and Edwards at no. 4 that’s two of the top 5 international players (at least according to this list) going to UConn. Not half bad since UConn also got the no. 1 ranked US prospect (Bueckers), too!

Reaction Score
I sense there could be some nice teasing about these ratings with Aaliyah! In both cases it is consistent with our foreign players being underrated in this year's class because of a lack of awareness but US rating services.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This is the “UConn effect.” We see it occur often relative to HS player ratings once they sign with the Huskies, and I have no doubt that international rankings are also impacted the same way. UConn WBB is the gold standard not only in the US, but globally wherever young women play basketball.

Reaction Score
This is the “UConn effect.” We see it occur often relative to HS player ratings once they sign with the Huskies, and I have no doubt that international rankings are also impacted the same way. UConn WBB is the gold standard not only in the US, but globally wherever young women play basketball.
I suspect in Nika's case Uconn was late to the party. Just as rating services may give a Uconn bounce, I think Nika had narrowed her choices to four schools, and two of those were top programs. Seems like Uconn only found out about her and showed interest after hearing Oregon and Louisville were after her. If they were pursuing her hard, she must be good and we should check her out.

Then we got lucky because after others had "discovered" her, we came in at the 11th hour, she expanded her list of four to five and soon thereafter picked Uconn, since she had been a longtime Uconn fan. There are quite a few top notch programs in the US now, but in foreign countries everybody knows about Uconn compared to the others. In some ways I think we have more of a recruiting edge there than here. Similar to Aaliyah's response in one of her videos when asked about her college choice she said " come on It's Uconn".

Here I think we are the most famous by far of quite a few top programs, but in the eyes of a star foreign player there is UConn, and everybody else.

Reaction Score
Thanks so much for locating this info and forwarding. Very interesting. A couple of points:

-Have a friend in Oslo, Norway who follows women's sports and his assessment is that UConn has gold in Nika. He played D1 college basketball in US, knows the sport well, and feels she is one of the best players in world, not just Europe. He characterizes her as relentless, one of those players who excels when the big game is on the line.

-Interesting to see the international recruits committed to UCLA. I have read several Boneyard comments making it seem UCLA had little talent - perhaps they have been working under the radar and this was not the case.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kuier is a stud, and Bessoir is very good. The Huskies must be awesome! This is the first time I've seen Nika ahead of Aaliyah. Eric and I think Nika is top 10-20 in her class. Maybe we are short-changing her.

Reaction Score
Before taking these rankings too seriously you might want to consider that you could probably do them yourselves and have the same amount of legitimacy. It just depends on how many hours a day you want to put into accessing other websites. A background look at the CEO of this site, one Donnie Woods shows his resume and qualifications to consist of being a assistant women’s coach at SIX community colleges in SIX different states in EIGHT years before starting up this venture a couple years ago. He lists no worldwide staff nor any other staff for that matter so make of it what you will. Buyer beware. BTW, this is the site that shrunk Isuneh Brady by a couple inches. ;)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Attach files
Kuier is a stud, and Bessoir is very good. The Huskies must be awesome! This is the first time I've seen Nika ahead of Aaliyah. Eric and I think Nika is top 10-20 in her class. Maybe we are short-changing her.

I've said a few times that if Paige wasn't Paige, we'd all be jumping out of our seats excited about Nika and what she can bring to the point.

Time will show them both to be very special players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Attach files

I've said a few times that if Paige wasn't Paige, we'd all be jumping out of our seats excited about Nika and what she can bring to the point.

I say exactly the same thing! I think every coach in America would be thrilled to be getting Nika, and she likely would start most places from Day 1.

Reaction Score

unfortunately for NM she is most likely backing up PB and EW at least for this season..........not sure how much court time she will be getting but I have a sense she will bring quite a bit of energy to the proceedings.......

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

A certain segment of the BY has been short changing Nika. I have been an enthusiastic fan from day one. What did Geno say? He couldn't wait to get her in Storrs. She's a talent and a spark plug/ fire brand.

Reaction Score
-Interesting to see the international recruits committed to UCLA. I have read several Boneyard comments making it seem UCLA had little talent - perhaps they have been working under the radar and this was not the case.

Absolutely and this could be a very strong reason why Fudd is considering UCLA.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well looking at our freshman class now with these rankings we are alot better alot better then I thought. Nika imo will blossom this season like a rose with thorns. We've already read how tuff she is I think she will earn alot of minutes. All I keep thing of is the passing this team has. Paige Nika Anna will be outstanding. One other point is high school ranking and non US HS rankings. We have alot of the cream of the crop. As this team matures and learns to play together they are going to be tuff to beat. At some point they will only be able to beat themselves. There is just too much talent on this team and alot more coming in. The biggest secret in WCBB this season is Nika Edwards and Piath. We will see alot more of them as the season goes on.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, let me say this- ball movement and shooters will win out the vast majority of the time, just look at Golden State and their lineup with the splash brothers. ONO and the 4 guard combo could, should and will be a hard group to guard with great shooting and crisp passing while adding in the ball-hawk defensive pressure that can be put on the opposing teams guards. As noted with Nika’s rebounding along with Anna’s rebounding, other than S.C. and Baylor, we could and should out-rebound opposing teams without Edward or Aubrey. But thankfully we also have them as well. Press,press and more press the other teams guards, giving the the ole 40 minutes of hell treatment.

Reaction Score
Attach files

This is a win win. Having Paige dueling with Kika in practice will make both better. I can't remember the last time we had two point guards with this skillset.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Also missing from the list is Kamilla Cardosa from Brazil aka Kamilla Cardosa from Brasil.
While Cardosa is from Brazil, she played her HS basketball in TN. Not sure the people who put together this list have considered any foreign born players who matriculated to the US to play their HS basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom