Nika Muhl Named Nancy Lieberman Award Finalist | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl Named Nancy Lieberman Award Finalist

Reaction Score
Other finalists include:

Caitlin Clark (Iowa), Olivia Miles (Notre Dame), Lauren Park-Lane (Seton Hall) and McKenna Hofschild (Colorado State).

JBK

Reaction Score
Other finalists include:

Caitlin Clark (Iowa), Olivia Miles (Notre Dame), Lauren Park-Lane (Seton Hall) and McKenna Hofschild (Colorado State).
I would say Nika is second on this list.
Fantastic accomplishment !!!
If Caitlin wins NPOY I hope that takes her off this list.
I grew up playing in the parks with Nancy Lieberman- she was one heck of a player.

Reaction Score
Great job by Nika. Good group of five: glad to see Hofschild in there. Clark will win, obviously: how can you be POY and not win the award for your individual position?

By the way, for anyone complaining that Muhl is playing too many minutes, she's ranked third in that group of five.

Reaction Score
It is not the first time I have seen it, but I do not understand when they say HER in that context. I mean, kinda, but not really... it seems odd to me.

Reaction Score
It is not the first time I have seen it, but I do not understand when they say HER in that context. I mean, kinda, but not really... it seems odd to me.
“Her” in that context is a “hip” word, used often by Basketball players that just embraces their validity. “The one and only” in short.

Interchangeable with any adjective that can describe Nika’s awesomeness.

Reaction Score
It would be interesting to me how many finalists for any of the 5 position, not just point guard, were averaging 7 points a game. I'm sure it is very rare, and evidence that the selectors are looking at more than the headline scoring numbers and how players can impact the game without scoring.

Reaction Score
She is my hero. I would get her into my Force Recon Battalion. She could earn the wings and parachute badge. With her degree, she could be a Platoon Leader with a special technology designation.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
“Her” in that context is a “hip” word, used often by Basketball players that just embraces their validity. “The one and only” in short.

Interchangeable with any adjective that can describe Nika’s awesomeness.
Not just basketball.

It’s an expression of admiration and respect.

Reaction Score
She is a rock on this team. I love her toughness and her passion for the game. To be one of the top 5 in the country is a great accomplishment and hopefully she sees that as well.

Reaction Score

Clark is immensely deserving. Ionescu wasn't a classic pg either.

What is noticeable is the two BE pg's on the list and the absense of an SEC pg. :rolleyes:

The other thing to appreciate is that Muhl is UConn's 2nd best pg.

Reaction Score
The HOOPHALLAWARDS.com web page reports, February 27, 2023) that
the fan voting will continue on Friday, March 3. My guess is that they will announce one
position a day during this week. The web page also reports " Fan Voting counts as one committee
vote during the final selection process. SO, KEEP VOTING for Nika (and hopefully Aaliyan and
Dorka when those positions are announced. later this week. The committee members are
not listed by name, but there appears to be a rather large sampling: Media, Coaches, etc.,
etc, etc. See the HOOP HALL AWARDS web page for a complete list of the categories of
those who have a " FINAL" say in the voting. VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN (daily starting 3/3/2023)!

Reaction Score
A lot of the Lieberman winners I think of as combo guards rather than pure point guards, but then again, Nancy Lieberman herself scored 18 points a game in four years at Old Dominion, so she was a combo guard too, like Taurasi, Bueckers, Clark, Plum, and others.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Nika will be my favorite-ever Husky once she's graduated. There's no doubt in my mind that she's one of the top three point guards in the country, glad the media or whoever votes for this can see it, too.

( @JBK, I'd put Miles in the top three, too.)

Reaction Score
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

That's my girl!!!! :)

Reaction Score
But not the Dawn Staley Award which awarded to Tyasha Harris that year.

Interestingly Caitlin was won this the last two years.

The Dawn Staley Award is given to the most outstanding collegiate guard in the country; a player who exemplifies the skills that Dawn possessed during her career (ball handling, scoring, her ability to distribute the basketball and her will to win).

This season's Late Season list of 14 includes a Husky but not Nika Muhl but instead LLS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom