Nika Muhl Named Nancy Lieberman Award Finalist | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl Named Nancy Lieberman Award Finalist

Reaction Score
I see Caitlin as a SG, despite the assists numbers. She scores 27 ppg.
Congrats to Nika for being in the final five... that's impressive.

To those of you who somehow don't see Caitlin Clark as a point guard, have you even watched Iowa play? I just don't understand whether a player averages 27 or 7 points per game, the roles on their respective teams for Nika and Caitlin is point guard. If Caitlin isn't the point guard for the Hawkeyes, who is?

Anyway, to the point, congrats again to Nika.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I see Caitlin as a SG, despite the assists numbers. She scores 27 ppg.
Two questions:

Who's Iowa's point guard?

Was Oscar Robertson not a point guard?

I'm not much of a fan of Caitlin but she's a point guard and a huge talent.

Reaction Score
Other finalists include:

Caitlin Clark (Iowa), Olivia Miles (Notre Dame), Lauren Park-Lane (Seton Hall) and McKenna Hofschild (Colorado State).
Perhaps she hasn't played enough games to qualify, but I'd probably have Rori Harmon ahead of Park-Lane, as much as the latter has been a thorn in the Huskies in past years.

Reaction Score
She’s an atypical PG, different from Cousy, Bird, Sloot, et al. She’s a shoot-first PG.
Sorry, Milford, she is not just a shoot-first guard. Watch Iowa play... she takes 19 shots per game, not 35 or 40. If she sees a lane to the hoop she'll take it and sometimes she feels the 3, but she is always looking to see what teammates are open.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She’s an atypical PG, different from Cousy, Bird, Sloot, et al. She’s a shoot-first PG.
So the Big-O was one of the best “atypical“ point guards of all time. I don’t think the qualifier is needed.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think it would be a marvelous irony if Nika Muhl were to win the Dawn Staley award. I would be tuned in to hear Dawn's reaction if that happened.

Come to think of it, there is a lot of similarity in their personalities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom