Nika Muhl- A Great Teammate! | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl- A Great Teammate!

Reaction Score
Two plays last night demonstrated everything you need to know about Nika. One was when she caught the hip from Lucy Olsen and went down and then off the court. It was the way she walked off, defiantly, as if to tell everyone " Nothing is stopping me" and the crowd knew it. The second is her coming to Aaliyah immediately after that absurd non-call with Dalce on the sideline. She had some choice words for her and they were pointed and directed. She was making it clear that anyone that messes with one of her teammates, was messing with her. The assists and leadership have been great, but the fire and comradery, that is something very special. Just have to love her.

Reaction Score
Two plays last night demonstrated everything you need to know about Nika. One was when she caught the hip from Lucy Olsen and went down and then off the court. It was the way she walked off, defiantly, as if to tell everyone " Nothing is stopping me" and the crowd knew it. The second is her coming to Aaliyah immediately after that absurd non-call with Dalce on the sideline. She had some choice words for her and they were pointed and directed. She was making it clear that anyone that messes with one of her teammates, was messing with her. The assists and leadership have been great, but the fire and comradery, that is something very special. Just have to love her.
As I’ve said elsewhere, the word “Croat” comes from a root that means “guardian.” If Nika is anything she is that.

Reaction Score
Do you know when the moment between Dalce and Aaliyah happened. I'd like to check the replay. Seems like ppl think it was somewhat dirty on dalce

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I couldn’t tell what Nika said but I think the last word was an uncomplimentary noun beginning with the letter “b”.:mad:

I would not put Nika in a lane position when we are shooting free throws. She has picked up a few violations for getting in the lane too soon, and she hasn’t gotten many rebounds from that position. She also crashes so hard that she can pick up cheap fouls and also, like last night, put herself in harm’s way.

Reaction Score
I still think you can Nika, Paige and Aaliyah on the court with any other two players and the record would be the same. When the team needs the grit to pull out a game it will be one of these three and no one is tougher than Nika. My worry comes from the refs. They literally can take UConn out when they play a quality team by calling fouls selectively like they did last night. The problem with role players is they need the studs in the game for their role to work.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t tell what Nika said but I think the last word was an uncomplimentary noun beginning with the letter “b”.:mad:

I would not put Nika in a lane position when we are shooting free throws. She has picked up a few violations for getting in the lane too soon, and she hasn’t gotten many rebounds from that position. She also crashes so hard that she can pick up cheap fouls and also, like last night, put herself in harm’s way.
It was exactly that word among others. I agree as to the lane with her but I think part of the problem is that she is in a place she was never used to being in.

Reaction Score
For me, a great senior teammate would also be a reliable 10-15 pt per game scorer. It remains her Achilles heal. For awhile I thought she had overcome it but lately she's been in the single digits again.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
For me, a great senior teammate would also be a reliable 10-15 pt per game scorer. It remains her Achilles heal. For awhile I thought she had overcome it but lately she's been in the single digits again.
Not everyone who is viewed as a great teammate averages double digits. Kelly Faris only averaged 7.2 ppg for her career yet was drafted 11th by the WNBA.

Plus we want Bueckers to shoot more for her efficiency. We want the freshman to become as experienced and efficient as possible by tournament time, which is precisely a task you would expect from a senior to accomplish. Finally, we certainly do not want Edwards to shoot less.

Or do we? Given that we cannot expand the length of a game, what is your solution for Muhl to take more shots per game? Which player(s) should have less?

Reaction Score
Do you know when the moment between Dalce and Aaliyah happened. I'd like to check the replay. Seems like ppl think it was somewhat dirty on dalce
It wasn’t a dirty play, not even a foul that sent Aaliyah into the tables. But I thought Dalce fouled Aaliyah earlier, at the beginning of the play when she held her arm to keep her from the ball. But it was a simple foul. Nothing dirty about it.

Reaction Score
It was a dirty play by Dalce that should’ve earned her a “foul”. But surprisingly, the refs let her off the hook. I don’t know what’s the problem between her and Aaliyah, but I’ve noticed that’s how she behaves when playing UConn. Maybe it’s her way of trying not to be outplayed by Aaliyah.

Also, apart Nika’s stern, firery verbal warning to Dalce, did anyone notice Aaliyah‘s mean stare down. I know that one came all the way from Kingston, Ontario, Canada.

Reaction Score
In soccer it could have been called for “impeding”, Dalce had her right arm across Aaliyah and slowed down to prevent Aaliyah reaching the ball.
Looked like a foul to me. If the ball was heading down court towards the basket, probably would have been called.

Reaction Score
Dalce was blocking Aaliyah from saving the ball going out of bounds. It was as physical as the rest of the game, but I didn't see anything that caused Aaliyah to fall.

Me either. Especially after the numerous replays

Reaction Score
In soccer it could have been called for “impeding”, Dalce had her right arm across Aaliyah and slowed down to prevent Aaliyah reaching the ball.
Looked like a foul to me. If the ball was heading down court towards the basket, probably would have been called.
It was a foul. The foul was the stiff arm by Dalce outside the body. Paige got called for a soft outside arm on a box out of Olsen for her 4th foul in the 3rd quarter. The Dalce arm was a true hold. The refs went to review it apparently only to see who touched it last since no foul was called.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Dalce also had Paige get up in her grill on her way back towards the court. Paige wasn't happy, obviously.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I noticed that during a defensive set, Ashlynn recovered a lot quicker than a few weeks ago, to prevent a breakdown and her player from scoring. Now I want Q to get to that level.

Reaction Score
And just like that the thread is ruined.
I said in another thread that a lot of people seem to think “playing great basketball” means “scoring a lot of points”
And yet, as DEpup opined, his sense is that Nika would be an even better teammate if she were more of a scoring contributor. How is that wrong? He has an opinion that I and others agree with...

How does that conflict with your thoughts, Nan? Nika is a really good teammate from whom more scoring would surely be an asset to the Huskies. Don't we all agree on that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom