Nika limited edition tees | The Boneyard

Nika limited edition tees

Reaction Score
I already own soooo much UConn merch, but I think this is a must buy for myself!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Subtle and understated, just like Nika.

59692177-0B57-4C41-A9CE-D1EE0A3DDBB1.jpeg

Reaction Score
She absolutely is allowed to benefit from the sales. How much she benefits is unknown.

Continuing to evolve…

-> The NIL Store powered by Campus Ink will launch a complete NIL merchandise store for UConn student-athletes, featuring jerseys and officially licensed apparel. NIL Store athletes make incredible commission rates, earning between $8-$15 on every item sold.

Every athlete signed up will possess a personalized digital locker room which will house their merchandise. <-

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To me, this lowers the de facto price of these T-shirts. If the rules allow that I would be happy to be able to handle these kids $15. Now I sort of can.

Reaction Score
Just ordered two! And she should be able to benefit from the sales. This would be an example of NIL. Hopefully she does.

Reaction Score
Thanks to everyone for the info. I was under the mistaken impression that players from overseas could not receive money from NIL.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Love the head up/chest out picture.

And once again I say: I love UConn's home whites! And road blues and blacks!

Reaction Score
All players must have secured the appropriate work visa to earn money in the US. Lou and Dorka would need them anyway to work in the WNBA.
Also possible they aren't technically earning the money in the U.S. Who knows how the NIL store is set up from an accounting perspective. For all we know sales of the Nika and Lou shirts (and all merch for international players) aren't going through any U.S.-based entities. That might be easier than dealing with the State Dept. and any visa issues. Whatever visa Lou and Dorka have now won't allow them to stay here to play in the WNBA anyway because there is a special visa for professional athletes and other entertainers/performers.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Also possible they aren't technically earning the money in the U.S. Who knows how the NIL store is set up from an accounting perspective. For all we know sales of the Nika and Lou shirts (and all merch for international players) aren't going through any U.S.-based entities. That might be easier than dealing with the State Dept. and any visa issues. Whatever visa Lou and Dorka have now won't allow them to stay here to play in the WNBA anyway because there is a special visa for professional athletes and other entertainers/performers.
I won't really disagree with your summary but maybe "sharpen" it a bit. The path that the foreign students are on that allows then to participate in NIL is that they are participating passively. As students they still cannot "work" so to speak on their Student Visa but what they've done is set up business relationships with companies while in their home country. That business relationship allows these entities to use their NIL in products to sell. The cut the student gets from the sales is (I believe) sent to the home country of that player. The student cannot "work" (e.g. make appearances, do ads/promotions etc.) but they can "passively" be making money as others are using their NIL.

So it's a bit more limiting in how they can take advantage of their NIL that a US player but certainly a pretty decent compromise for those here on student visas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom