Nika Injured | The Boneyard

Nika Injured

Reaction Score
so tragic! Just when she gets back on the court, THIS happens. I'm sure a lot of her anguish was cuz she worked so hard and now shes out.
My heart bleeds for her.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Hurts to see that.

I wish her the best and hope for the best and a speedy recovery.

FYI, Nika started the game and played all 27+ minutes before the injury
She had 11 points, on 4 for 10 shooting(3 for 4 from outside the arc)
9 Assists
3 rebounds
2 steals

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm hoping it's just a dislocated kneecap. I had it happen to me and it was very painful and was carried off on a stretcher. It took me two months to be able to put some pressure on it, but about 6 months to walk without any pain.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So bummed for her. If it's an ACL and she's out for a year, it may spell the end of her WNBA career. She would miss all of next season, would have to work hard to get back even to the level she was, which was basically no PT on her team. She would have no opportunity to improve, and basically would be starting from scratch.

Given there would be 2 rookie classes coming to the W before she could come back in 2 years, the only hope would be that with the new expansion teams, there would still be a place for her. Couldn't be more devastated for her. It was a HARD Video to watch. Hearing her cry and scream "Oh my god" over and over was just hard to hear and watch. Devastated for her...

I hope I'm wrong, but I worry I'm not. Love and healing wishes and prayers it's not as bad as we fear...

Reaction Score
OMG, I have never heard a reaction this bad. I am praying that it isn't worse than an ACL tear as if that is better. OMG
When Shea went down it was that bad. Although I remember her screaming rather than crying. We were close by. Gampel was also very silent. Poor Nika, she is one of my favorites.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping it's just a dislocated kneecap. I had it happen to me and it was very painful and was carried off on a stretcher. It took me two months to be able to put some pressure on it, but about 6 months to walk without any pain.
That can be worse depending on severity. It can damage cartilage and tendons.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
That was very difficult to watch/ listen to. Nika is one of my all time favorites.

I fear the dredded ACL tear. If so, I doubt she plays in the WNBA next season.

This shouldn't happen to such a wonderful young lady. But we all know life isn't fair.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So bummed for her. If it's an ACL and she's out for a year, it may spell the end of her WNBA career. She would miss all of next season, would have to work hard to get back even to the level she was, which was basically no PT on her team. She would have no opportunity to improve, and basically would be starting from scratch.

Given there would be 2 rookie classes coming to the W before she could come back in 2 years, the only hope would be that with the new expansion teams, there would still be a place for her. Couldn't be more devastated for her. It was a HARD Video to watch. Hearing her cry and scream "Oh my god" over and over was just hard to hear and watch. Devastated for her...

I hope I'm wrong, but I worry I'm not. Love and healing wishes and prayers it's not as bad as we fear...
Actually if it is her ACL, depending on how bad it was she could be back before next season is over. If she doesn't play next season she should be ready to go the following season which would be 2026.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom