Nika in Seattle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nika in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nika just plays hard nose, heads-up, in your face B Ball. Shes the kind of player you want on your team at ANY level!!
Nika has grown into being a strong voice and leader on the floor. She has gone through four years of the UConn Standard and the Geno School where she took some hard, productive criticism and used it to improve. Her work ethic will make her succeed. Best of all she proved to herself that she could do it. Now Nika needs to do as she always has: put her head down, learn from the veterans and coaches - and Just Do It!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I love Seattle!! I only have three places that I will live, Seattle, Minneapolis, and Jacksonville, Florida. My three favorite places.
Color me impressed. Talk about three distinct cultures, climates, and economies! What's the common link, if I might ask?

Reaction Score
Nika has grown into being a strong voice and leader on the floor. She has gone through four years of the UConn Standard and the Geno School where she took some hard, productive criticism and used it to improve. Her work ethic will make her succeed. Best of all she proved to herself that she could do it. Now Nika needs to do as she always has: put her head down, learn from the veterans and coaches - and Just Do It!
What makes Nika so special is that she is extremely likable. She is not a fake and has absolutely no affectation about herself. She is an honest, forthright person and is appreciative of everything that has come her way - mostly by her own effort. Even after four years at UConn under Geno's "gracious guidance" she is still like a sponge soaking in as much as she can in order to get better. This attitude will make her succeed in whatever she does.

Reaction Score
"Come on bro"

Note the sweatshirt Nika is wearing at her Storm press conference. Always a Husky!
GMnsH8KWsAExfOh.jpeg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Worst thing about Nika being in Seattle: First preseason game is Saturday at 9:30 ET (in Edmonton!), second is Tuesday at 10:00 ET. I can catch the first half of tomorrow's game before nodding off, but it's not even worth it to tune in in realtime for the second for this old fart.

Might not make a difference, as the WNBA website isn't indicating the second one is available on League Pass.

Reaction Score
Find link for Storm press conference below. Nika is on from 59:23 - 1:14:00. The Dawg camp clip above is the tail end of her segment, you can hear her mention her excitement about the six fouls in the W (from still pic above), her feeling about her draft slot, her new team and much more.

All very Nika! Most interesting was her speaking to a question about her 'thankyou/farewell to Geno video'. Teaser, she didn't know it was going to be posted as it was pretty intimate....but no regrets and is happy the impact it had (for some folks you wouldn't suspect).

If you have enjoyed Nika pressers in the past, are continuing to follow her beyond UConn or want to just see a really open, positive and engaging young women take on attacking life - it's a must see!

Seattle Storm FULL Training Camp Media Availability | May 2, 2024 https://x.com/yamstone/status/1786471374246093200

Reaction Score
Find link for Storm press conference below. Nika is on from 59:23 - 1:14:00. The Dawg camp clip above is the tail end of her segment, you can hear her mention her excitement about the six fouls in the W (from still pic above), her feeling about her draft slot, her new team and much more.

All very Nika! Most interesting was her speaking to a question about her 'thankyou/farewell to Geno video'. Teaser, she didn't know it was going to be posted as it was pretty intimate....but no regrets and is happy the impact it had (for some folks you wouldn't suspect).

If you have enjoyed Nika pressers in the past, are continuing to follow her beyond UConn or want to just see a really open, positive and engaging young women take on attacking life - it's a must see!

Seattle Storm FULL Training Camp Media Availability | May 2, 2024 https://x.com/yamstone/status/1786471374246093200

Looking at an individual social media post, my initial assumption is that all players would have individual Q&A sessions.

The order of the interviews are listed below.

OrderPeople
1​
Coach
2​
Jewel Loyd
3​
Diggins-Smith
4​
Nneka Ogwumike
5​
Nika Muhl
6​
Sami Whitcombe & Ezi Magbegor
7​
Jordan Horston & Mercedes Russell
8​
Kiana Williams & Dulcy Fankam Mendjiadeu
9​
Kaela Davis & Jade Melbourne
10​
Alanna Coates, Victoria Vivians, Quay Miller

Reaction Score

Thank you, for this clarification. I wonder if Nika was aware ahead of time or if it just became apparent that it was an issue today. If that was the case it would be a tough pill to swallow to not only miss the scrimmage but also presumably graduation.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Thank you, for this clarification. I wonder if Nika was aware ahead of time or if it just became apparent that it was an issue today. If that was the case it would be a tough pill to swallow to not only miss the scrimmage but also presumably graduation.
Actually Nika couldn't change it from a student visa until she graduated. Now I believe that she is getting a work visa and is most likely on a temporary work visa that restricts her from leaving the Country.

Reaction Score
Even after four years at UConn under Geno's "gracious guidance" she is still like a sponge soaking in as much as she can in order to get better. This attitude will make her succeed in whatever she does.
Could not agree more! Can this gal ever say anything wrong? Always so well spoken and a great representative of the university.
OK I do wish she would have mentioned CD. In my simple mind Geno's greatest recruit at UConn was Chris Daily. ;) She does so much to shape the players personal lives along with that on the court.

Reaction Score
Interesting analysis and not good for Nika, unfortunately.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Interesting analysis and not good for Nika, unfortunately.

Yes, I had seen this. It’s highly subjective. There’s a number of ways that Seattle can work their way around the salary cap to keep Nika on the roster. Ultimately, if Nika makes the case to be one of the top 11 players for the Storm, Seattle will figure out a way to keep her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom