Nika Confirms “Last Ride” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nika Confirms “Last Ride”

Reaction Score
Nika is doing it the right way. Play your 4 years, then move over and let the next wave take over. Every player that UConn recruits has options and waiting another year behind a player that has used their 4 isn't a good one for them. It might give you a chance to win but it also alters the future of the program in a very negative way. The exception is when you have a player that misses a year because of an injury or takes a year to do work in her church.

I will enjoy the last month of Nika as a Husky but will always respect the way she plays the game.

Reaction Score
Like a lot of people here, Nika's leaving hits a little different in the feels department. I loved her from the jump. Her heart. Her drive. Her will to succeed. Despite the naysayers, Nika proved that she belongs among the UConn legends. Not many players embrace their roles on a team. Nika stepped up when we needed a leader the most and has been that Player. Thank you, Nika. Wishing you all the best.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Headed for the WNBA draft:
Anyone have a prediction as to when she might be selected...and/or a team that might
be a good fit?

Reaction Score
Figured Nika would go back to Croatia to play.
Gonna miss that girl and her intensity
They come & go, but leave their mark on UCONN WCBB.

Reaction Score
Oh man, just adore her and her gritty drive, effort, and take no prisoners approach. At least we get to enjoy her in a UCONN uni for a few more weeks. Thank you Nika for everything.....you are one special person and player.

Reaction Score
You all know how much I love Nika. I'm going to miss her so much but she has decided it is time for her to move on. I'll be following her WNBA career for sure.

The Croatian Sensation. Nika The Gnat. The player who has never, ever fouled. The defender who has driven both her coach and her opponents crazy & sometimes at the same time. The guard who left it all on the court every game.

Yes, that's my girl!!! <3

Now will someone stop peeling those onions & hand me the kleenex!!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Headed for the WNBA draft:
Anyone have a prediction as to when she might be selected...and/or a team that might
be a good fit?
I'm thinking late first to mid second round. She needs to go to a team that needs a pass-first defensive point guard. Most teams are set with PGs, but the Wings, Mystics, Lynx, Sky could certainly put her to good use. The Liberty might want her too, to spell Vandersloot and to bring some D off the bench. Sabrina is comfortable playing on or off the ball. Nika would put fannies in the seats in New York or Connecticut, although the Sun have a good backup for Moriah in Ty Harris.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Nika has gone so far beyond what I thought she would do it isn't even funny. I'll always remember the way she stalks the opposing guard like a raptor picking the time to strike.

And she seems like such a fun person off the court. [sigh]

Reaction Score
She has certainly carved out a spot in UConn lore. What a wonderful career she has had as a husky.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
"Last Ride" happens to be one of my favorite albums of the current century. Sorry, couldn't resist given the thread title.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom