Nielson Ratings for the Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nielson Ratings for the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last night you had 6.48 million people not watching football on network TV who were watching football on network TV year ago.
That is the ND fans who religously (no pun ntended) watch ND every week...and EVERY fan in the country who hates ND and watches to see them lose! When we are in need of a ratings shot in the arm to prove we would be a good addition to a P5 conference...last night did nothing but help!

Reaction Score
The UConn game was on at the same time as LSU-Auburn, Alabama-Colorado, Texas A&M-SMU and Stanford-Arizona State, all better known programs. Considering UConn was an 18 point underdog, it's remarkable that 5 million people watched the game.

Outside of LSU - Auburn none of them were competitive and to some extent neither was the LSU game. Michigan -UConn was the only close game on TV. It also had a major football power at risk of getting upset on the road. You only had one top 25 match up and that was #9 Stanford vs. #23 Arizona State. It had 1.57 million people watch on FOX and it was also not competitive. What other option did a casual fan have. Hell you had 2.5 million people watching Ninja Challenge or whatever it was called.

A year ago you also had # 4 FSU vs #10 Clemson and #6 Oklahoma vs #15 Kansas State. I am confident they also had other games on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU. All far better than what was available this weekend. You only had one top 25 match up and that was #9 Stanford vs. #23 Arizona State. It had 1.57 million people watch on FOX and it was also a blowout.

And the game was not viewed by 5 million people. A total of 5 million people watched two games on the ABC network.

Reaction Score
Outside of LSU - Auburn none of them were competitive and to some extent neither was the LSU game. Michigan -UConn was the only close game on TV. It also had a major football power at risk of getting upset on the road. You only had one top 25 match up and that was #9 Stanford vs. #23 Arizona State. It had 1.57 million people watch on FOX and it was also not competitive. What other option did a casual fan have. Hell you had 2.5 million people watching Ninja Challenge or whatever it was called.

A year ago you also had # 4 FSU vs #10 Clemson and #6 Oklahoma vs #15 Kansas State. I am confident they also had other games on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU. All far better than what was available this weekend. You only had one top 25 match up and that was #9 Stanford vs. #23 Arizona State. It had 1.57 million people watch on FOX and it was also a blowout.

And the game was not viewed by 5 million people. A total of 5 million people watched two games on the ABC network.

Go away.

Great game, great atmosphere, good ratings. No way to rain on our parade. We're 0-3 and it still went pretty well. BC fans can be so outrageously insufferable. We're in a conference with a crappy coach and we haven't won a game, yet you are still here to try and make it worse. We get it.

Reaction Score

Gee Hank you spend a lot of your time going thru numbers that show, in your mind, how sucky you want UConn to be.
Guess you don't have anything better to do than post on a UConn board because there is nothing to post on BC,s # of T.V. viewers because they don't have hardly any. Just going by the # of BC fans at the game. Good job!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Man, you spent an awful lot of time looking for ways to find some minutiae to make UConn look bad. Well, bad in your eyes at least. Bravo for you. Or whatever.

Reaction Score
I was texting with friends across the country and everyone was watching our game.

2 buddies in Texas, a UT and an A&M guy were both txt'ing me during the game. They were both watching in Big12 , SEC territory.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Man, you spent an awful lot of time looking for ways to find some minutiae to make UConn look bad. Well, bad in your eyes at least. Bravo for you. Or whatever.

Don't waste your time on Hartford Hank, the BC crank.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
2 buddies in Texas, a UT and an A&M guy were both txt'ing me during the game. They were both watching in Big12 , SEC territory.
Just adding to this thread here, my rommate from grad school is an OSU alum, (of course) he was texting me during the game from his home in SEC country.

Reaction Score
I was texting with friends across the country and everyone was watching our game.

Unfortunately, it was not shown all across the west coast, we all got K-State-Texas out here, and had to watch on ESPN3.

ncf_8pm130921_ms_576.jpg

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Last night you had 6.48 million people not watching football on network TV who were watching football on network TV year ago.

Don't you have some hockey game to watch

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
But last nights game was well behind the Michigan - ND game from a year ago with 6.02 million viewers.

Last night on the major networks you had 6.78 million people watching two football games.

A year ago on the major networks you had 13.26 million people watching football.

FWIW

I notice that myself and was up all night trying to figure out what could have happened to so large a portion of the college football viewing audience. The only answer I could come up with is that there is a mass boycott due to BC changing coaches once last season ended. No other answer makes any sense.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 6:20pm via TweetDeck
Impressive 8.3 rating in Hartford/New Haven market for #UConn/Michigan football game which aired on ABC

But last year we drew a 16.6 rating for the MD game. Half the people watching UConn football last year weren't watching this year.

A 50% ratings drop for network college football? What a buffoon.

Edit: If you are comparing ND playing at night last year and other games as well, that a poor comparison. Compare apples to apples.

Reaction Score
But last year we drew a 16.6 rating for the MD game. Half the people watching UConn football last year weren't watching this year.

A 50% ratings drop for network college football? What a buffoon.

Edit: If you are comparing ND playing at night last year and other games as well, that a poor comparison. Compare apples to apples.
Sportstart HartfordHank is anither one who needs to get off the crackpipe!

Reaction Score

When I first saw the video I said what is this woman gonna say. Holy sh@t, it's Rick James? After the 5 second clip and it goes to the youtube collage, click on his picture again and you get the 10 minute interview. I remember the 80's were wild for me but wow...

Reaction Score
I'm hoping we will look back at this game as a turning point for the UConn on several levels. As much as we bash the university leadership on this site, whoever hung on to their guns and insisted this game be played here deserves a lot of credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom