Niels Lane Top 7 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Niels Lane Top 7

Reaction Score
From his footage it seems like this guy is more of a slasher than a shooter, does anyone have more of a scouting report about him?

Reaction Score
Good to see you. Some posters thought you were chased away. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

Just to clarify, I wasn’t chased away or run off... it’s a message board, not a mafia controlled neighborhood. Probably a flaw on my part, but I get overly frustrated with the disruption when someone constantly makes themself the focus when I really just want to read or talk about basketball (or pizza or vacations or pets or whatever else pops up). I worry this is what this is, but some people were kind enough to reach out with some nice words, so that’s what this is for.

As for Lane, a UConn commitment would surprise almost everyone involved at this point. But, you recruit guys the right way, especially those from good programs and with teammates you also hope to have a chance with (Cliff, uphill battle that it is). With bigs, last year they targeted a handful who seemed like possible gets but kept the focus narrow because they didn’t want a project who never developed and were happy to go with talent over position. This year, they’re in a better position with known supporting players. These guys talk, and this staff tries to be open with all their targets directly and expect as much honesty as possible from the other side, too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, I wasn’t chased away or run off... it’s a message board, not a mafia controlled neighborhood.
[Chuckle]

Glad to hear it. I like reading your observations.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, I wasn’t chased away or run off... it’s a message board, not a mafia controlled neighborhood. Probably a flaw on my part, but I get overly frustrated with the disruption when someone constantly makes themself the focus when I really just want to read or talk about basketball (or pizza or vacations or pets or whatever else pops up). I worry this is what this is, but some people were kind enough to reach out with some nice words, so that’s what this is for.

As for Lane, a UConn commitment would surprise almost everyone involved at this point. But, you recruit guys the right way, especially those from good programs and with teammates you also hope to have a chance with (Cliff, uphill battle that it is). With bigs, last year they targeted a handful who seemed like possible gets but kept the focus narrow because they didn’t want a project who never developed and were happy to go with talent over position. This year, they’re in a better position with known supporting players. These guys talk, and this staff tries to be open with all their targets directly and expect as much honesty as possible from the other side, too.
This forum is family and all families have their share of warts.

There are very few guidelines that must be followed here. And that can be frustrating especially since it’s a rare individual who can tolerate every possible personality all of the time.

There is an ignore feature that allows people to avoid reading a poster they find irritating. Several of us prefer individuals making their own choice of “censorship” as opposed to authoritarian censorship.

There is a follow feature that allows people to quickly find content from posters they decide provides them with content and style they most prefer. For those with limited time or a narrow scope of interest this is a great feature.

In a free society there will always be a tension over who’s freedom is being denied if an issue comes up that has contrarian viewpoints. Some issues are legitimately life and death and thus require societal restrictions. In this forum there is little that meets that standard. If something is annoying we can express our opinions, ignore the annoyance, or work on making ourselves not annoyed.

My preference is to work on my own reaction. It’s the one thing I know I have the greatest opportunity to correct.

Your connection to the coaching staff is an invaluable source of information to our community. In the maelstrom that exists here, with all of our loves and hates, with all of our contributions and disruptions, the one common denominator is our passion for this sport and this team. I hope that you can develop the resolve to minimize the impact irritable issues have on your experience here.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I saw that we had an unofficial while others had officials and I immediately tuned out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom