Nice win for SC against LSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nice win for SC against LSU

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I thought Morrow would be distracted by the "Bayou Barbie" antics. To her credit, she's been solid. Midrange game is impressive in just a year's time. Quietly, and maturely, she was the best LSU player on the floor against SC. Which makes it more confusing why their 4th quarter offense, especially in the last few minutes was driven by a frosh having a bad shooting night and a pg taking off balanced forced shots. Flaujae and Morrow were the best shooters, not to mention being slashers/rebounders who could have drawn fouls so LSU could score without the clock running. And Mulkey could have gotten Reese off the floor without burning that timeout. If Reese is the leader of this team, then she has to be more composed. She provides hype, but it's the kind that can be distracting and unsettling, not to mention consequential. Once Cardoso blocked her shot...I knew she was going to foul out trying to even the score. I thought she played solid d up to that point.
Morrow and Flaujae not touching the ball the last 4 minutes was a giant failure. While allowing their true freshmen who is having a bad shooting night pretty much shoot her own team out the game. That’s not to mention Williams ball watched the entire time the last 5 minutes on defense allowing Hall to get 3 baskets on wide open looks. I’m not a fan of blaming a freshmen but Williams definitely was a giant reason they couldn’t get the job done.

I honestly think LSU would have been a much scarier team if they added Endiya Rogers from the portal instead of Hailey Van Lith. She is a much better fit for their style and Rogers can legit handle the ball.

Reaction Score
Morrow and Flaujae not touching the ball the last 4 minutes was a giant failure. While allowing their true freshmen who is having a bad shooting night pretty much shoot her own team out the game. That’s not to mention Williams ball watched the entire time the last 5 minutes on defense allowing Hall to get 3 baskets on wide open looks. I’m not a fan of blaming a freshmen but Williams definitely was a giant reason they couldn’t get the job done.

I honestly think LSU would have been a much scarier team if they added Endiya Rogers from the portal instead of Hailey Van Lith. She is a much better fit for their style and Rogers can legit handle the ball.
Williams was completely gassed the last 6 minutes, she was barely playing defense. An offseason of college style conditioning will do her wonders both defensively and offensively, can’t knock down shots when your legs are done.

Reaction Score
WHAT? SEC BIAS? SEC LOVE? " Let's go Huskies, BEAT SOUTH CAROLINA!" Really? You've just moved off my Christmas card list.
Guess I will never like SC, they were the team that spoiled my hope for a NC after the big win over UConn! May not love SC but certainly respect Dawn and the SC fan base. SC fans lead the nation in supporting WCBB. Long for the days when the MSST/SC games were competitive, just hope those games return soon.

Reaction Score
Guess I will never like SC, they were the team that spoiled my hope for a NC after the big win over UConn! May not love SC but certainly respect Dawn and the SC fan base. SC fans lead the nation in supporting WCBB. Long for the days when the MSST/SC games were competitive, just hope those games return soon.
State has time to get back on track, lot of talent and size on that roster and I believe your coach knows how to get it done. He seems like a great guy also.

Reaction Score
Where's the SEC love? I thought that meant you'd pull for a conference member over a team from another conference!! I do remember in football Marcus Lattimore getting hurt at MSU and folks were saying it was intentional on MSU's part.
I still do pull for MSU against other outside conference foes. I guess my loyalty to the conference is TRUE loyalty since I'm 100% in. :p

Reaction Score
Where's the SEC love? I thought that meant you'd pull for a conference member over a team from another conference!! I do remember in football Marcus Lattimore getting hurt at MSU and folks were saying it was intentional on MSU's part.
I still do pull for MSU against other outside conference foes. I guess my loyalty to the conference is TRUE loyalty since I'm 100% in. :p
Marcus Latimore was a great football player and an even greater person but he was hurt in the game against Tennessee not Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
Marcus Latimore was a great football player and an even greater person but he was hurt in the game against Tennessee not Mississippi State.
He had two knee injuries

Reaction Score
He was also injured in a Mississippi State game as well. I was actually present for that one and was the only time I have visited Mississippi. It was a very depressing day but not as bad as the Tennessee one.

Reaction Score

Lattimore suffered two ACL injuries during his time at South Carolina: the 1st was at Miss State, when he was screen-blocking a Bulldog player and another Bulldog player fell into the back of his legs making a tackle attempt on another Gamecock. The 2nd ACL was against TN when Marcus was making a run attempt and a TN defender went at his knee on the tackle. The first incident seemed more flukish, while the 2nd attempt seemed like it would result in nothing BUT a severely damaged knee/leg.........

Reaction Score
Lattimore suffered two ACL injuries during his time at South Carolina: the 1st was at Miss State, when he was screen-blocking a Bulldog player and another Bulldog player fell into the back of his legs making a tackle attempt on another Gamecock. The 2nd ACL was against TN when Marcus was making a run attempt and a TN defender went at his knee on the tackle. The first incident seemed more flukish, while the 2nd attempt seemed like it would result in nothing BUT a severely damaged knee/leg.........
Marcus had been bulldozing the Vol SBA that day and the UT player went low kind of in self defense. Not targeting the knee but hit right on it. It was not intentionally dirty and was perfectly legal then and now.

I felt like puking watching Lattimore writh in pain for the second time. Even the Vol players looked sick. The end of such a promising career.

Reaction Score
You obviously don't follow college football!! It was at MSU where he first got hurt....not being snarky but that in and of itself would not cause me to pull against MSU or UT...UT is where I went to grad school so I'm, as my moniker "TN-Gamecock";)

Reaction Score
Marcus had been bulldozing the Vol SBA that day and the UT player went low kind of in self defense. Not targeting the knee but hit right on it. It was not intentionally dirty and was perfectly legal then and now.

I felt like puking watching Lattimore writh in pain for the second time. Even the Vol players looked sick. The end of such a promising career.
Self defense? Marcus had been wrapped up by a big defensive lineman and held up. Whistle about to blow for forward progress. UT player launched himself into the knee. Not like it was an open field go low type tackle. That would have been understandable.

Reaction Score
Self defense? Marcus had been wrapped up by a big defensive lineman and held up. Whistle about to blow for forward progress. UT player launched himself into the knee. Not like it was an open field go low type tackle. That would have been understandable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom