Nice refs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nice refs

Reaction Score
It's not the even calls on each side, it's the inconsistent calls throughout. ie Lou gets called for a charge and then on the other end, basically the same situation and Lou gets this for a block. If my wife wasn't here to reign me in, I probably would have committed hari cari (sp).
You and me both! I hate to say this but all of the refs today have something in common with the UCLA coach that they don't with Geno. Turns out that they have the same thing in common with Muffet and Tara. And they had the same thing in common with Pat. We have been most commonly victimized by badly reffed games when playing against those three coaches in particular. Coincidence? Sure.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
You and me both! I hate to say this but all of the refs today have something in common with the UCLA coach that they don't with Geno. Turns out that they have the same thing in common with Muffet and Tara. And they had the same thing in common with Pat. We have been most commonly victimized by badly reffed games when playing against those three coaches in particular. Coincidence? Sure.
Agree completely. Unfortunately, our kids play 5 on 7 too often. It makes me wonder if the officials EVER watch a replay to see just how bad they are.

Reaction Score
You should see what's going on in the Miss/Arizona St. game with the refs. 12 points more from free throws midway through the third in a 10 point game. 4 starters for AZ have 3 fouls and Miss has no fouls at all in the third quarter. Unvelievable.

Reaction Score
You should see what's going on in the Miss/Arizona St. game with the refs. 12 points more from free throws midway through the third in a 10 point game. 4 starters for AZ have 3 fouls and Miss has no fouls at all in the third quarter. Unvelievable.
Mississippi State has 23 foul shots. ASU has THREE!

Reaction Score
When Lou got called for a block in the lane in the 4th, with her opponent's forearm and shoulder in her front...Kara said it should have been a no call. On a blown call. Right!!!
Dumb call by Kara, who is usually exceptional and knows way more than me about basketball. I would ask Kara how can it be a no call? KLS was sent 5 feet out of bounds and to the floor, where she in no way can participate in the follow on play, assuming a no call. Don't you think players on both sides deserve to be on the floor to have any chance of playing fair? So it is either a foul on KLS or a foul on UCLA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mississippi State has attempted 28 foul shots. ASU has eight. And MSU is squawking at the refs!

Reaction Score
Lou should have stayed on the ground for a minute after that hard foul. It definately was a Flagrant 1. The unsportsman call was stupid it was excessive any way you look at it. The UCLA players arms were around Lou's neck aggressively.
That was not the biggest goof of the refs. They actually called a non-shooting foul. Meaning UConn would not shoot FT's and had to take the ball from the sidelines. Clearly a pump fake by KLS is part of a shot attempt. That was so blatantly wrong, it was criminal.

Reaction Score
Refereeing took center stage in the third quarter of the first semifinal of the Portland regional, as Mississippi State took 18 free throws in the period. At one point, as the Bulldogs had shot 20 free throws in the game to Arizona State's two, Sun Devils coach Charli Turner Thorne gave referee Felicia Grinter an earful during a timeout. Both teams went regularly to the free throw line thereafter as Arizona State rallied within nine points after three, 54-45.
i

Kevin Pelton, ESPN Staff Writer9m ago

Reaction Score
The ASU coach finally exploded & got T'ed up when the refs fouled out two ASU players withing a minute. Fouls shots are now 31 to 10 in MSU's favor. Pathetic!

Reaction Score
By the way, one of the refs officiated the UCONN game Sunday night that resulted in 46 fouls. I guess she was given the green light to keep blowing the whistle on every play.
Even the announcers are saying that foul trouble kept AZ from doing what they do. Really stinks to see a game of this caliber being played like this. Sad.

Reaction Score
But the announcers never questioned the disparity of foul calls between the two teams. They mentioned that MSU should expect to have some calls even up against them, but that never happened. ESPN announcers refuse to criticize the officiating & most of the time, they defend the refs.

Reaction Score
Just rediculous. If there is one thing Geno should probably adjust to is teaching our kids how to commit the fouls that never get called instead of teaching them to avoid all fouls. If the refs allow it, you have to do it to level the playing field.

Reaction Score
When Lou got called for a block in the lane in the 4th, with her opponent's forearm and shoulder in her front...Kara said it should have been a no call. On a blown call. Right!!!
Yeah that blew my mind when she said that.
It was the first time I've really been disappointed in her analysis. She said there wasn't enough contact on the play and should've been a no call, but every replay I saw it looked like an obvious charge.

Reaction Score
No, the joke is that UCLA only got called for 14 fouls. They did that in the first quarter.
Exactly! It isn't just about foul disparity or free throw attempt disparity. It is about calling ALL the fouls that are being committed and doing it fairly. We are a finesse team. We are a team known to not foul. We are a better defensive team. There is NO WAY the fouls called should be close to even.

Reaction Score
But the announcers never questioned the disparity of foul calls between the two teams. They mentioned that MSU should expect to have some calls even up against them, but that never happened. ESPN announcers refuse to criticize the officiating & most of the time, they defend the refs.
It is the same reason so many people here hate to talk about it. It is the white elephant in the room but some people are more concerned about being "good fans" than saying, "hey, look, a white elephant!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom