Nice reading other teams' forums now | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nice reading other teams' forums now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really think it's about recruiting. Syracuse is not in an optimal area for football. While UConn isn't either, Cuse use to grab a bunch of Conn. players.

It could not have been pleasant for Cuse to go 1-6 against UConn football over a 7 game span. In fact, they were blown out in many of those games.

As for BC, though they have a decent recruiting area in Eastern Mass. for both bball and football, it's a small school that feels threatened by a big state school to the south.

These schools want UConn to die because they don't want to lose games. A rivalry hurts them.

Reaction Score
My favorite so far is seeing some Cuse fans complaining that we got all the calls on Monday lol.

I think we were up 15 in the first half when the refs called three straight touch fouls on us after letting both teams play for the first ten minutes. Daniels second was a touch foul too. Killed all of our momentum, forced Boat and Daniels to the bench with two fouls. It was palpable, as if the refs said "Hold it right there, UConn. We've got to make a game of this.". And of course there wasn't a single touch foul called on UK the entire game.

I also found it strange that there were three questionable calls on us in the second half (Nolan's charge attempt on a Young drive, Nolan/Daniels blocking Randle together and I think another Young drive in transition that got blocked) and CBS didn't show a single replay of any of them. The announcers said nothing either. Seemed a little weird.

Reaction Score
One Of Their Fans Posted He Watched Lord Of The Rings Last Night Instead. I Think That Is Good Name For THEM to Call US.

Boheim kind of looks like Gollum.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not sure which is more childish: Marsh with his ridiculous FUConn to every post or dasher with his basic lack well, I'll just leave this here, per Dasher:

"We have been to more final fours than you. And we will be to final four #6 and 7 before you get to 5. That is my point."

The unwavering certitude of predicting the future is quite amazing. I'm still waiting for Briscoe to sign with them.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
After the '99 victory the Yard was absolutely BOMBED with fans of other teams coming over to give props.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Remember that Syracuse poster who suggested we should get in as much 3 > 1 jabs as we can because we won't see the 3 change for a looooooong time and that they are on the rise. Then he/she said their program just got off from a final four "appearance" and boldly said, "What have you guys done lately!?!"

Wonder what happened to that person? Hmmmmmm....

It was @albanycuse I think. Said we wouldnt win another in 50 years or something. In credit to him, he did come by and congratulate us on the NC (albeit with the "you won the games put in front of you" schtick)....

Reaction Score
Final 4s are good, but never forget, George Mason made one several years ago (gulp). We have a bunch of Elite 8s as well. I put up that stat that showed Syracuse wasn't even in the top 10 of Elite 8s over the last 20 years, while UConn was 3rd.

Reaction Score
It was @albanycuse I think. Said we wouldnt win another in 50 years or something. In credit to him, he did come by and congratulate us on the NC (albeit with the "you won the games put in front of you" schtick)....

I love that schtick. Since you only knocked off the #1 seed in the entire tournament in the SEMIfinals and not the finals, your title means less. I mean, a real champion would have been on the other side of the bracket and played them on Monday.

We've won four titles - and we've yet to make it through a Final Four without beating either Duke or Kentucky. As I put in another thread (or maybe this thread - I can't keep track), since Duke beat unbeaten UNLV in 1991, only two teams have reached the Final Four with 30 wins in a row - Duke '99 and Florida '14. But all their trophies are belong to us.

The Butler team everyone disregards now was knocking off all the Big East heavyweights in the tournament until we got a hold of them.

August_West

Reaction Score
I love that schtick. Since you only knocked off the #1 seed in the entire tournament in the SEMIfinals and not the finals, your title means less. I mean, a real champion would have been on the other side of the bracket and played them on Monday.

We've won four titles - and we've yet to make it through a Final Four without beating either Duke or Kentucky. As I put in another thread (or maybe this thread - I can't keep track), since Duke beat unbeaten UNLV in 1991, only two teams have reached the Final Four with 30 wins in a row - Duke '99 and Florida '14. But all their trophies are belong to us.

The Butler team everyone disregards now was knocking off all the Big East heavyweights in the tournament until we got a hold of them.
Yup, lets see:
Underseeded 10 who won their conference tourney
Highest seeded 2 on S curve
Strong 3 seed (we did catch a break with no Niang)
a 4 seed that everyone picked to the title
The overall 1 seed (who was the pick if it wasnt the 4)
and the preseason number 1 40-0 T-shirt squad

Real easy run ::smh::

Reaction Score
I'm not sure which is more childish: Marsh with his ridiculous FUConn to every post or dasher with his basic lack well, I'll just leave this here, per Dasher:

"We have been to more final fours than you. And we will be to final four #6 and 7 before you get to 5. That is my point."

I've never heard another team's fans cheering, "We're Number 4."

August_West

Reaction Score
Yup, here's that gem: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/obsession.52346/#post-839330

"Theres the same amount of SU threads here as well lol. Glass houses guys, glass houses. Get used to looking at those banners because its never going to change. In 100 years you will still have 3. You guys are a sinking ship in a dead end conference."
Tcf!!! I was going to ask you to make an edit to this .gif, but you already did!
Fantastic!

7ItUz1F.gif

Reaction Score
The Pitt forum was reaching a consensus that UConn is just lucky. Then a couple of party crashes came in and noted that maybe four out of the last sixteen NC required a little more than luck. Very funny.

Reaction Score
Posted by: Mercury (1280 posts; Joined 2/13/12)
Posted on: 04/09/2014 06:46AM
Subject: Reasons why not

Demonstrated lack of instutuional control
Lack of academic commitment / not the acc way - yes louisville has raised their bar a lot over uconn
Uconn lawsuit during the big eAst breakup caused lots of expenses by bc and the ac - never. Forgive
Small school poor football attendance and competitive football pgm
Lack of no of Olympic sports program

That is what a Va Tech fan said about Uconn.. I quite literally spit my water I was drinking all over the place. Luckily some other fans corrected them a little but.....WOW...... Best part is someone in the post before his noted high low Louisville was compared to uconn in academic's.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
FWIW, I don't think the B1G would have ever picked us over RU. Too many TV sets and too important a recruiting area.

Same can't be said for the ACC's selection process. Based on their implied goals, they screwed up every single time.

Reaction Score
Regarding the VT board, it is genuinely confusing as to why fans at other schools think UConn is an awful academic school. Do they think APR scores for a basketball team equals that schools academic prestige?

I will give credit to UL as they are improving. It's still not an academic school in the same stratosphere as UConn.

Reaction Score
Thanks For Posting That. Wonder How Crow Tastes? Print Another T Shirt. One That Says We Used To Play In Conference With The National Champs.quote="tcf15, post: 927721, member: 208"]Yup, here's that gem: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/obsession.52346/#post-839330

"Theres the same amount of SU threads here as well lol. Glass houses guys, glass houses. Get used to looking at those banners because its never going to change. In 100 years you will still have 3. You guys are a sinking ship in a dead end conference."[/quote]
t

Reaction Score
I'm pitching UConn to the ACC. As a Louisville fan I feel like the epitome of the female perspective on marriage in old wive's tale slogan: "In marriage, a woman typically feels like she gains something while males typically worry that they're losing something." LOL, I always wanted more of the budding rivalry and all you guys did this season was to expand that. I felt the same with Cuse, actually. An, in truth, I didn't feel that way about Pitt, Georgetown, Nova and the rest. Rutgers could eat a big one. I have always like Marquette and usually Cincy when they were less thuggish. I like what they did with football. Hate Memphis.

I like your baseball......a lot!! I don't mind your football in spite of some nasty history. Winning this NC did a ton for your prospects, imo. You have officially become 30 degrees more attractive. I am sure BC is one of the prime obstacles in joining the ACC. They really do suck, lol. I am so ready to dislike them.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
CTO comes to my house for Christmas - at this point, she's family and has been for years.

But you're right - we can complain about the Syracuse board, but if she tried to post here, some internet tough guy would make it unpleasant for her...which is why she doesn't.

I'm sure CTO is a great person but the one thing that sticks with me as obnoxious and power-hungry was how she tried to 'out' that guy who posted here using his real name about a year ago. He said he was a Syracuse season ticket holder but loved the Huskies, and said so in a posting. I believe she posted his address and background and the hyenas over there began digging into his personal life, calling him at work, etc. It was outrageous and totally uncalled for. She tried to rationalize it by saying that he should be indebted to SU since a) his dad was on the Board of Trustees with her and b) he was getting those seats for free. Since he was an unabashed Husky fan, she wanted his season tickets pulled. Sorry but that was complete BS and she should have known better. I hope she continues to avoid posting here.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Senore said:
I'm pitching UConn to the ACC. As a Louisville fan I feel like the epitome of the female perspective on marriage in old wive's tale slogan: "In marriage, a woman typically feels like she gains something while males typically worry that they're losing something." LOL, I always wanted more of the budding rivalry and all you guys did this season was to expand that. I felt the same with Cuse, actually. An, in truth, I didn't feel that way about Pitt, Georgetown, Nova and the rest. Rutgers could eat a big one. I have always like Marquette and usually Cincy when they were less thuggish. I like what they did with football. Hate Memphis.

I like your baseball.a lot!! I don't mind your football in spite of some nasty history. Winning this NC did a ton for your prospects, imo. You have officially become 30 degrees more attractive. I am sure BC is one of the prime obstacles in joining the ACC. They really do suck, lol. I am so ready to dislike them.

Both schools have a passion for sports. That much was clear during our run as conference mates.

They rivalry was based solely on the on-field competition, which is good. From the no-fair catch, to beating each other during our BCS season, to Pitino bringing back UL BB and the trading of National Championship runs, it's what makes conference rivalries special.

BC is only a rival because of proximity and off the field CR animosity. We beat them 26 straight at one point. That's not a rivalry, it's inhumane. PC isn't even that.

As for the university of southern canada, they only considered us a rival once Georgetown tanked and we began eating their lunch on and off the field. CR and Melo are their high points in spite of a number of very good BB games.

A division of the ACC consisting of the BE non-catholics? It is what everyone of the power schools wanted for years. Why they don't see that is enlightening in itself.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
These schools want UConn to die because they don't want to lose games. [THEY THINK] A rivalry hurts them.

I would argue that it doesn't. Rivalries increase visibility. They garner superior TV ratings. They help generate more passion among fanbases. All of these things, in various ways, lead to recruits wanting to be a part of it. Rising tides lift all boats.

It's a similar concept to having a Starbucks move in across the street from a local coffee shop. That's been shown to increase the locals business substantially, rather than hurting it as you would think.

Reaction Score
After a day of acknowledging UConn's accomplishments, a variety of boards are in full tear down mode now after realizing the potential of Ollieworld taking over the universe. I am going to respect Tom's wishes not to quote directly, but the PC board is right now going over the top about the Rudy gay recruitment. Seriously, if a PC fan ever posts here again, they better begin with an apology for their know-nothing brethren.

Reaction Score
After a day of acknowledging UConn's accomplishments, a variety of boards are in full tear down mode now after realizing the potential of Ollieworld taking over the universe. I am going to respect Tom's wishes not to quote directly, but the PC board is right now going over the top about the Rudy gay recruitment. Seriously, if a PC fan ever posts here again, they better begin with an apology for their know-nothing brethren.
Oh wow, that thread blew up pretty fast.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
After the '99 victory the Yard was absolutely BOMBED with fans of other teams coming over to give props.

Anti-Anything-Duke will do that to people. Especially at that time with that particular team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom