Nice reading other teams' forums now | The Boneyard

Nice reading other teams' forums now

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I read a few.

Louisville fans love us. Their pre-game analysis was less than impressive, based on a narrow view of UConn filtered through 3 games and fueled by a wild fear of UK winning another title, and seemingly ignorant of the way UConn had been playing in the tournament. But they're pretty happy to have been wrong.

UNC fans love us. We've taken 2 titles from UK and 2 titles from Duke. We're their second favorite team.

UK fans are surprisingly respectful for the most part, at least on the Scout board I looked at. They seem to accept they were outplayed, which is a rarity nowadays.

Kansas fans hate UK but they are not happy we have more titles than them. We're a better program, guys. I don't care Wilt Chamberlain went there 500 years ago.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Go check Syracuse board. Not too happy over there.

I looked quickly, and it was super funny how several of them were saying that the college championship format no longer works, because the 'best' teams don't win. Several posters were espousing the Mike and Mike nonsense of college football's format being superior. They want the regular season to mean more than it already does (because they can't play well in the post season).

All because they didn't win. The bitterness/envy was palpable.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Scanning other teams (ones played and ones we didn't) just shows how much everyone disliked Kentucky.

Here's North Carolina fans thanking UConn again.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=12803480

I like how the KS fans think that adding more weight to older championships is an essential part of a blue blood.

Winning 1 championship 50 years ago is greater than 2 recent.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Go check Syracuse board. Not too happy over there.

They're not happy that a Syracuse alum (kinda) presented the National Championship trophy? Is it because Emmert handed it over to the tournament chair and kept a low profile?

Reaction Score
Just spent 5 minutes reading one thread on the Cuse board and learned the following:
1) We lost to Houston by 25 points this year.
2) The 2011 team was 15-15 heading into the BET and wouldn't have made the dance without winning it.
3) We got every single call last night in a game where exactly zero fouls were called on Kentucky starters in the first half and they had fouls to give in crunch time.

Wow.

Reaction Score
Driving back late last night, my girl asked me (who is new to this whole thing) about Syracuse, being upstate NY's it's a logical question. She asked if we were rivals, and for the first time ever, I said, "NO they aren't rivals, the Lion doesn't concern himself with the feelings of the sheep"

That's how it is now Syracuse fans. You are hunted and we are the hunters

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I looked quickly, and it was super funny how several of them were saying that the college championship format no longer works, because the 'best' teams don't win. Several posters were espousing the Mike and Mike nonsense of college football's format being superior. They want the regular season to mean more than it already does (because they can't play well in the post season).

All because they didn't win. The bitterness/envy was palpable.

I saw some people saying that, and then someone else said, "So I guess we should give the 2003 trophy back."

Reaction Score
On Syracuse:

Every single Syracuse fan I know in real life is super awesome. Respectful towards UConn, wishes them luck when they are playing in the tournament, and wishes we were in a real conference. I'm not afraid of competition: I'd love to play Syracuse more frequently, and to be the same conference as them (although now my preference is the B1G).

Their board is full of many jealous haters. But they don't represent all fans.

That said, I can't believe I'll be the first to post this here:

4>1

:)

Reaction Score
Just spent 5 minutes reading one thread on the Cuse board and learned the following:
1) We lost to Houston by 25 points this year.
2) The 2011 team was 15-15 heading into the BET and wouldn't have made the dance without winning it.
3) We got every single call last night in a game where exactly zero fouls were called on Kentucky starters in the first half and they had fouls to give in crunch time.

Wow.
I have found ignorance and misery are often Siamese Twins. The Fruits often confirm my belief.

Reaction Score
I like how the KS fans think that adding more weight to older championships is an essential part of a blue blood.

In a morgue aged/dead blood just really means your dead. I'll accept being new blood everyday, as it means we are relevant. Not sure about the other blue bloods, because without necromancers dookie vitale and espn, they would have tags on their toes.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Driving back late last night, my girl asked me (who is new to this whole thing) about Syracuse, being upstate NY's it's a logical question. She asked if we were rivals, and for the first time ever, I said, "NO they aren't rivals, the Lion doesn't concern himself with the feelings of the sheep"

That's how it is now Syracuse fans. You are hunted and we are the hunters
I appreciate the Game of Thrones reference even if you are equating Tywin Lannister to UConn...

Reaction Score
their only championship team couldn't beat us that same year.. So just that invalidates most of their opinions and reasoning.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Syracuse board in complete melt down mode right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads