Nice night by Joey C. | The Boneyard

Nice night by Joey C.

Reaction Score
Glad he got those 3 down. Our starters were 3 of 18. It doesn't really seem like anyone but Newton has good form on their 3s, so I'm not sure we'll see improvement from anyone but Newton.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
When he missed his first two 3s I was like oh man, and then he hit his next three - oh man is right! :D

Reaction Score
When we struggled early he was able to find the basket. If this was opening night, the BY would be saying that Joey C is going to be a big contributor. Good to see him knock down a couple of treys.
Seems like a solid role player. Active and may hit some 3s. Can't ask for much more.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Doing exactly what he was recruited to do and performing exactly like he was expected to perform.
I saw you in the chat room. I guess you weren't the one to give a like to the comment that he should be "stapled to the bench"?

Reaction Score
Alleyne has to start making some 3s or Joey C is going to be coming for his minutes once Hawkins and Jackson are back. Alleyne is a much better defender, but we need floor spacers outside of our bigs. 4/17 not getting it done.

Reaction Score
Alleyne has to start making some 3s or Joey C is going to be coming for his minutes once Hawkins and Jackson are back. Alleyne is a much better defender, but we need floor spacers outside of our bigs. 4/17 not getting it done.

Defense and TOs. Joey C can hit but he is a piss poor defender and turns it over twice as much as he should. Alleyne is a 20-25 mpg guy, Joey is probably more like 5-10

Reaction Score
It was great to see him score, he’s got the nicest looking shot on the team except for Hawk probably. But yes, his defense is tough, he just has no lateral quickness at all unfortunately, and is going to struggle against better competition.

I do wonder where he will find minutes once everyone is healthy, but then again Hurley has gone with 4 guards several times this season, so if he utilizes lineups like that during big east play and beyond, he’s definitely going to get some run.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Some call him Joey California, I’ll call him Joey Chestnut! Great to see him having fun out there tonight

Fredo

A disrespected Italian, plus it's easy to say

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No question Joey’s D is weak and Alleyne is an above average defender.

But in this game hotel California played better defense than Diarra. He was a spark plug off the bench and brought energy to a team that was stagnant. Any time there was a court huddle he was the player pulling in his teammates and directing them. And the players appear to respect him. His court leadership/coaching/energy is a valuable asset when Andre is not in the game.

Reaction Score
Alleyne shot 39% on 4.4 3 pointers per game over three full seasons in the ACC. I think maybe you're overreacting a bit to three games to start the season.

Reaction Score
was this always his nickname? I assume so since the announcer kept saying Joey California. I can't help it.

Reaction Score
Alleyne shot 39% on 4.4 3 pointers per game over three full seasons in the ACC. I think maybe you're overreacting a bit to three games to start the season.
I didn't say he couldnt shoot better, just that he has to, because Joey C is. Alleyne is missing 4 or 5 completely wide open 3s a game at this point.

Reaction Score
No question Joey’s D is weak and Alleyne is an above average defender.

But in this game hotel California played better defense than Diarra. He was a spark plug off the bench and brought energy to a team that was stagnant. Any time there was a court huddle he was the player pulling in his teammates and directing them. And the players appear to respect him. His court leadership/coaching/energy is a valuable asset when Andre is not in the game.
I don’t know what you were watching but guys were going by Joey C like he was a turnstile. His D is horrendous. We may need his shooting a game or two down the road but no way he gets consistent burn with his complete lack of defensive skills.

Reaction Score
When he hit his second three last night a guy in my row yelled out, who the hell is this guy? His friend replied, "That's Joey Coldcuts buddy, he's legit!"

I would love to see that nickname stick somehow and see the student section waving cardboard cut outs of deli sandwiches at Gampel before the season is over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom