Nice compliment by the Dayton coach | The Boneyard

Nice compliment by the Dayton coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
As reported by AP:

"I just spent 20 minutes telling our kids that what we saw is what we want to be," said Jabir. "How hard they play, the cuts they make, everything they do, they are in pursuit of excellence every single possession."

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Jabir is a good guy. If he had gotten any support at Providence, he would have done well there as well. Dayton will challenge for the A10 championship, IMO.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It's been fun watching that program grow over the years. Sometimes, as they say, you never know if it's a bad actor in a good play or a good actor in a bad play -- looks like Providence was a bad play (though there have been rumblings in the last couple of years about rewrites.)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Dayton has a player once recruited by UConn, Ally Mallott. I am not sure if she ever got an offer but I believe Geno went to see her play and she may have been invited to the SuperShow. She did make it to the projected lineups of some of our Boneyard recruiting handicappers. Now she is a reserve for Dayton. I wish I knew the story line. Same with Massengale, Hammond and McDaniel.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's been fun watching that program grow over the years. Sometimes, as they say, you never know if it's a bad actor in a good play or a good actor in a bad play -- looks like Providence was a bad play (though there have been rumblings in the last couple of years about rewrites.)
I will believe it when I see it. But then again, Seton Hall stepped up to the plate (to mix our metaphors) so who knows?

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
KIB--

I remember as well that she was in our sights originally. (Was she the one with the twin sister or something like that?)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I have no knowledge of Ally Mallott having a sister. I do know that Michala Johnson has a younger (and taller?) sister of some promise. UConn recruited Bonnie Samuelson (so did Duke and Maryland) but she went to Stanford. Her younger sister (Carly, I believe) is currently on the UConn radar screen.

There are also, of course, the Ogwumike sisters (Stanford), the Waner sisters (Duke via circuitous route), and the Valley girls (UConn). All different story lines.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
KIB--

I think I was getting confused with the first names of "Ally" we just saw from Dayton and "Abby" (Waner) - not the same players at all - thanks for reminding me of the "Waner" sisters!

Reaction Score
My question is, how did all those girls make out that went to other schools other than UCONN? How many NC banners are hanging with the schools name on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom