Nice Article on Carlton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nice Article on Carlton

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
maybe you could copy & paste the whole article for people who don't want to sign up with the Courant? thanks
Just open it in an incognito window.

Reaction Score
If I was in Missouri I would say to Josh, "Just show me". But man I want this to be true.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If I was in Missouri I would say to Josh, "Just show me". But man I want this to be true.
Maybe he might say"I spent the summer with Sal in Connecticut; the Land of Steady Habits"

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who remembered him being 6'9" previously? Does Sal also have workouts that can add a couple of inches? Anywhere? asking for a friend...

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
yeah, it just might happen, but if that scenario develops, he'd proally hang around cuz the team would be in the national conversation for the following season. we're all familiar with alla yoos 'expert' opinion on mr. carlton, the AAC's MIP, from last season's hatefest.

Reaction Score
yeah, it just might happen, but if that scenario develops, he'd proally hang around cuz the team would be in the national conversation for the following season. we're all familiar with alla yoos 'expert' opinion on mr. carlton, the AAC's MIP, from last season's hatefest.
Yes, he's going to turn into junior year Okafor this season. Going to be hard for him to turn down being the #2 pick in the draft.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another sign of Autumn, the "added 25 pounds of solid muscle" article.

Reaction Score
This much you need to know: Carlton, 6 feet 11, is ready to fully emerge from his shell, cast it away and ascend another level, and he is determined to take his place among that group. He stayed on campus all summer and, under the guidance of human performance director Sal Alosi, who emphasized technique and explosiveness, Carlton has filled out to 260 pounds, about 25 more than last season. Mind and body now seem in optimum sync.

“I feel I can impose my will more,” he says. “Before, being underweight for me — because 235 wasn’t the ideal weight for me — I was competing with other bigs, but I wasn’t imposing my will, dominating.”

Dom Amore: Josh Carlton, after sophomore breakthrough, is primed for pivotal season for UConn men
Great article, UConn is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Reaction Score
He looked like he improved last season but I’ve seen too many Mr. Septembers, to paraphrase George Steinbrenner. I’ll wait until real games begin before buying into the hype.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love this because Alex went to Missouri to show UConn and didn't. Josh did not leave and will show us.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can we dream about others making a similar leap in progression? I hope so.
I'm hopeful we see a big leap by Brendan. It's important for many reasons. This is Dan's recruit. He did more than any player on the team over the summer with the coaches demands.

Reaction Score
Another sign of Autumn, the "added 25 pounds of solid muscle" article.
It is probably not even possible to gain 25lbs of just muscle. The 'solid' is the hyperbole tell though.
Is there a difference between muscle & 'solid' muscle?
What's are the non solid muscle types that merit such a distinction? Limp muscle, mushy muscles or liquid muscles?

Reaction Score
Yes, he's going to turn into junior year Okafor this season. Going to be hard for him to turn down being the #2 pick in the draft.

If he blows up he could be a first round pick maybe in the 20’s. 6’11” 260 , but we need to see a lot more blocked shots.

Reaction Score
If he blows up he could be a first round pick maybe in the 20’s. 6’11” 260 , but we need to see a lot more blocked shots.
Come on man. He isn't 6'11 and legit 6'11 low post manchilds aren't getting drafted first round anymore. He could turn into a very good college player but I promise you don't have to worry about the NBA taking him away from us.

Reaction Score
There are no “legit” heights on any roster but the kid coulda grown an inch or 2 in 2 years and anyway Dom said it was so. It is nice to know that we don’t have to worry about the NBA with your “promise”.

Reaction Score
There are no “legit” heights on any roster but the kid coulda grown an inch or 2 in 2 years and anyway Dom said it was so. It is nice to know that we don’t have to worry about the NBA with your “promise”.
Dom said it was so, lol.
Do you watch the NBA?

Reaction Score
Dom said it was so, lol.
Do you watch the NBA?
Josh seems really focused and dedicated so he might have a chance to make an NBA roster. He has 2 years to improve and I expect him to be at least 7’1” 290 by then (;))

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom