NH Register - UConn, Lou prove they are tough enough | The Boneyard

NH Register - UConn, Lou prove they are tough enough

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn, Samuelson prove they are tough enough

Geno sounds like he’s still a little peeved about the UCF game

Sometimes people confuse what toughness is, you know?,” the UConn coach said Tuesday following practice at the Werth Center. “They think pushing and shoving and showing you’re a tough guy, that’s toughness. We saw some of that the other day.

“Toughness is not getting caught up in that. Toughness is making a pass you have to make, getting a rebound you have to make, making free throws you have to make, making a 3uou have to make.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Coach Abe looking at new uniforms for her UFC Knights
1550665260958.png

Reaction Score
For those who wonder why Lou's shots have gone walk-about in recent days, consider this whole "toughness" business. KLS has been regularly assaulted by almost every team UConn plays. She is slapped, elbowed, tripped, bumped and generally mistreated. Her susceptibility comes from her decision to take her game inside this season in order to help shore up a weak rebounding Husky squad. The fact that she can lift her arms to shoot at all is near miraculous; her body must be a study in bruises, cuts, and strains. Let's face it, Lou is a greyhound not a mastiff. She just isn't built for the kind of abuse she's enduring. UCF isn't "tough," they're just desperate. Sorry to say some of the better teams also harbor cheap-shot characters. Have the officials "let the players play" too much? Maybe. But it's much safer outside the arc. Lou's choice to go inside, to do what her team needs instead of what's best for her, that's the real toughness.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UCF doesn’t need that UConn does when we play them. Is UConn the only team that UCF plays like that or we just the lucky one.

To be honest, I was looking for a Knight image with only a mace (no shield) but could not find one I liked. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Are we the only fans that complain ? I don’t read other fan forums except ND so I really don’t know if they do. I don’t recall them playing like that in Ct.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are we the only fans that complain ? I don’t read other fan forums except ND so I really don’t know if they do. I don’t recall them playing like that in Ct.
Not many teams in the AAC have women’s hoops fan forums so it’s hard to tell.

I’m going to see Temple play them this weekend. I can sit behind their bench (open seating) so I’m gonna eavesdrop on Tonya to see what she says

Reaction Score
For those who wonder why Lou's shots have gone walk-about in recent days, consider this whole "toughness" business. KLS has been regularly assaulted by almost every team UConn plays. She is slapped, elbowed, tripped, bumped and generally mistreated. Her susceptibility comes from her decision to take her game inside this season in order to help shore up a weak rebounding Husky squad. The fact that she can lift her arms to shoot at all is near miraculous; her body must be a study in bruises, cuts, and strains. Let's face it, Lou is a greyhound not a mastiff. She just isn't built for the kind of abuse she's enduring. UCF isn't "tough," they're just desperate. Sorry to say some of the better teams also harbor cheap-shot characters. Have the officials "let the players play" too much? Maybe. But it's much safer outside the arc. Lou's choice to go inside, to do what her team needs instead of what's best for her, that's the real toughness.
As I've stated many times KLS is the ultimate superstar team player and sometimes to a fault.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom