OT: - NFL overtime rules | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL overtime rules

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Luck is always a factor, Mahomes looked out of it, Mahomes being off had to be a factor for the Bengals to win.

That interception was good coverage should Hill have come up with a catch there probably but it shows you what can happen when you play tight coverage as opposed to giving a free release.

On that interception btw that ball was batted down then intercepted. I would say their defense was better then the Bills I’m sure there was a psychological effect from the end of the half and end of regulation as well from the Chiefs.

He was horrific after the chiefs dropped like 3 passes the first 2 drives of the half.

And missed a wide open Kelsey in the ez on one of their sacks at the end of regulations

Everyone has bad days

But against a laughably inferior team in the afccg is a really bad time to have one

Reaction Score
Sure but I’m a traditionalist and I have gotten to like the OT rule, I do like the strategy of keeping an opponent out of the end zone as opposed to the old rule where a fg ends it on 1st possession.

I’m not really apt to rule changes but if the OT rules do change I say go to the baseball method where the home team has the ball last, no coin toss and no clock.
I feel like the traditionalist thing doesn't really stand up when you're arguing for rules that started in 2010.

Reaction Score
He was horrific after the chiefs dropped like 3 passes the first 2 drives of the half.

And missed a wide open Kelsey in the ez on one of their sacks at the end of regulations

Everyone has bad days

But against a laughably inferior team in the afccg is a really bad time to have one
Could’ve should’ve would’ve

Reaction Score
I feel like the traditionalist thing doesn't really stand up when you're arguing for rules that started in 2010.
You gotta admit it’s at least better then the old rule of a fg winning it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Could’ve should’ve would’ve

Yes. Him playing bad doesn’t mean the other team played good.

Mahomes gave it away.

It happens

Reaction Score
Low bars are easy to step over.
I don’t think you deserve to win if you give up a TD after 60 minutes. Defense wins championships still and no defense loses one, it’s not as if the ball is placed on the goal line.

I might be a traditionalist but have been adaptable to change, I like the OT rules the way they have them and as long I like it that’s all that really matters.

Reaction Score
I don’t think you deserve to win if you give up a TD after 60 minutes. Defense wins championships still and no defense loses one, it’s not as if the ball is placed on the goal line.

I might be a traditionalist but have been adaptable to change, I like the OT rules the way they have them and as long I like it that’s all that really matters.
If they made this change you'd love it within 5 years guaranteed. You keep calling yourself a traditionalist while arguing for a rule that was created when kids in middle school right now were born.

Why not go back to the FG wins it then? Like you said, defense wins championships and if your defense lets the opponent get into FG range you should lose the game right?

Reaction Score
If they made this change you'd love it within 5 years guaranteed. You keep calling yourself a traditionalist while arguing for a rule that was created when kids in middle school right now were born.

Why not go back to the FG wins it then? Like you said, defense wins championships and if your defense lets the opponent get into FG range you should lose the game right?
Giving up a FG is far different then a TD. Never liked that old rule too much at the time.

If there is a change to the OT I would go with the baseball model of home team getting the ball last, no coin toss and no clock.

Reaction Score
Giving up a FG is far different then a TD. Never liked that old rule too much at the time.

If there is a change to the OT I would go with the baseball model of home team getting the ball last, no coin toss and no clock.
Your proposal is basically splitting hairs from the proposal that you're arguing against.

Reaction Score
Arguing against statistical fact. I would expect nothing less from you Deepster.
My career is based solely on analyzing statistics. And the one thing I do know for certain is, you can spin any number to say whatever you want it to say.

Reaction Score
My career is based solely on analyzing statistics. And the one thing I do know for certain is, you can spin any number to say whatever you want it to say.
Well so far you've been pretty awful at it in this discussion.

Reaction Score
Frankly, what's wrong with OT is the fact both teams must touch the ball unless a TD is scored. It should be any score wins the game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Frankly, what's wrong with OT is the fact both teams must touch the ball unless a TD is scored. It should be any score wins the game.

That is even worse. That's the old rule.

What's wrong is that it alters the game. Just play a 15 minute quarter and leave it at that. Still tied, play another.

Reaction Score

What's wrong is that it alters the game. Just play a 15 minute quarter and leave it at that. Still tied, play another.
It’s fine the way they have it now, defenses get paid to stop offenses from getting into the end zone, would not be in favor of full 15 minute OT the baseball model I stated above I would be open to.

Reaction Score

This whole debate is like an engineer looking to solve problems that don't exist.

Reaction Score
This whole debate is like an engineer looking to solve problems that don't exist.
EnochRoot: "I don't see the issue"

Engineering-Failures.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom