Next Year's Roster | The Boneyard

Next Year's Roster

Reaction Score
How is this going to work guys? Maximum of 13 D1 scholarships available for women's basketball programs.

E
Liv
Christyn
Aubrey
Anna
Paige
Aaliyah
Nika
Mir
Piath
Saylor
Azzi
Caroline
Amari

That's 14. Is E leaving? Is somebody transferring here?

Reaction Score
More importantly, who will be the starting 5?
Who will be the first one off of the bench?
Why doesn't (fill in the blank) get more minutes?
Etc. :rolleyes:
Unless they improve at least 20%, I say Liv and Christyn better get ready to come off the bench. In three years, they’ve plainly demonstrated they’re not “ready for prime time” players.

The starters will be Paige, Nika, Aaliyah, Azzi, and Aubrey/Mir/Caroline/Evina.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Unless they improve at least 20%, I say Liv and Christyn better get ready to come off the bench. In three years, they’ve plainly demonstrated they’re not “ready for prime time” players.

Interesting thoughts. I could not disagree more.

Reaction Score

It took you 4+ years and 6 posts to come up with that wisdom? Oh brother...

Reaction Score

Maybe Caroline, Aubrey is a spot player, Mir unlikely, but Evina would probably start. That lineup is short.
Its Geno not Gino
It’s an auto correct world. We self correct when reading posts.

Reaction Score

So off. Have you watched UConn year to year?? It will be the same starting 5, maybe 1 different. CW and ONO will be starting.

Reaction Score
I would say Paige, CW , Ono and Evina ( if she stays) will start. If AZzi is as good as we think then she will start over Nika. I think Evina goes pro so then maybe geno goes with Edwards. .......I think Geno will come to the same conclusion about AZzi as he did with Paige that he needs the two best players on the floor.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Players who are extraordinary athletes but at best ordinary basketball players are not players a team aspiring to a national championship can afford.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I would like to point out that eight different players started this year, for various reasons, injuries being the most predominant. So, I highly doubt it will be the same starting lineup for all of next year. More important, who will play the most minutes.

BTW, Tara played 11 players for most of the tournament, 10 against South Carolina. So it is possible to play most of your players.

Reaction Score
I don't see Azzi starting no matter what happens. Geno is not in a position where he desperately needs to fill out a lineup. Every one of his starters is back next season (as far as we know), so why would you swap out any part of it for players with no experience? And if you do want to swap someone out, Edwards is going to be the replacement player as someone who has a year of experience under her belt and will be making the sophomore leap. Geno has the luxury of building a deep bench and bringing along newcomers slowly.

Reaction Score
I don't see Azzi starting no matter what happens. Geno is not in a position where he desperately needs to fill out a lineup. Every one of his starters is back next season (as far as we know), so why would you swap out any part of it for players with no experience? And if you do want to swap someone out, Edwards is going to be the replacement player as someone who has a year of experience under her belt and will be making the sophomore leap. Geno has the luxury of building a deep bench and bringing along newcomers slowly.
Azzi will bring hopefully the steady 3 point shooter this team is lacking. This year it was hit or miss with this team.

Reaction Score
I will try the easier part. If Evina returns there will probably not be any incoming transfers, because that is 14 and IMO Autumn probably deserves a free ride in future years, and I hope she gets it.

Having said that, my guess is Evina doesn't return, so you could add Autumn and still have one open spot. I don't think that means you have to fill it, and remember that potential 15th player could be using up a roster spot for three more years, so better not to use it unless it is a transfer at least at Evina or say Azura's level.

I see potential incoming transfers as more filler to plug holes off the bench from unanticipated outgoing transfers. When you get a surprise announcement of a departure, it is generally too late to fill that need with a recruit in the next incoming class. But with transfers probably becoming immediately eligible, it can be easily be done with the transfer portal, at least for a bench player needed at a certain position.

So keep track of them more on a contingency basis, and be ready to strike when someone departs. But if everybody stays, there is no room at the Inn!

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I have my thoughts on what is likely to happen but will wait until Tuesday to express them. That is the day we will know for sure what is in Evina's future. Until then it is just a guess.
?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom