Next year's marquee OOC home game(s)? | The Boneyard

Next year's marquee OOC home game(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Reading the thread about UConn's potential game in LA before Maui, it seems like they will have another solid slate of OOC games for next year. So far we know:

LA game
Maui games (2 to 3 major conference opponents)
@OSU
@Gtown

But it appears UConn still doesn't have any marquee OOC home game(s) on the slate yet. Is it odd that it's mid-April and UConn still doesn't have anything lined up for next year? Or is last minute scheduling how it usually works? I know with OSU, Arizona, and Gtown all of those home and homes were signed at least a full season before they began (in fact all 3 were signed in 2014).

Reaction Score
I was just thinking about this recently. You would think the athletic department is trying to add a couple power five teams to the home OOC schedule. I thought there was some talk about a game at MSG next year vs possibly Baylor?? That would be nice, but I also remember some reports that UConn was in talks with Pitt, Villanova, and Syracuse about a possible series but obviously nothing has happened yet.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
I was just thinking about this recently. You would think the athletic department is trying to add a couple power five teams to the home OOC schedule. I thought there was some talk about a game at MSG next year vs possibly Baylor?? That would be nice, but I also remember some reports that UConn was in talks with Pitt, Villanova, and Syracuse about a possible series but obviously nothing has happened yet.
Yeah, lots of talk about Cuse or Nova (for years now) and recently a doubleheader with Baylor, but even if any of those were to come to fruition they would most likely be at MSG or Philly to start. Which would be awesome for the OOC slate in general, though still doesn't help the home schedule.

Reaction Score
Yeah, lots of talk about Cuse or Nova (for years now) and recently a doubleheader with Baylor, but even if any of those were to come to fruition they would most likely be at MSG or Philly to start. Which would be awesome for the OOC slate in general, though still doesn't help the home schedule.
Being in a p5 would enhance the home schedule.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I think that there will be a UConn Cuse game in NYC next year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last year's OOC home schedule was atrocious. I would think this year's would be better by default.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Last year's OOC home schedule was atrocious. I would think this year's would be better by default.
At least it had Ohio State and Gtown as big names, even though they weren't good teams as hoped. Next season though has absolutely nothing to get fans excited at home in the ooc schedule.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Doesn't the home and home with Arizona start next season?

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Looks like Tulsa released their OOC schedule today.

Is it time to officially start worrying about UConn's lack of a home game against a major conference opponent...?

Reaction Score
Looks like Tulsa released their OOC schedule today.

Is it time to officially start worrying about UConn's lack of a home game against a major conference opponent...?
Yeah, there are a couple things to be worried about.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Is it possible the transition from Warde to Benedict has delayed potential scheduling talks? Is the AD the person primarily involved in doing scheduling for the basketball program?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well guess we have choice than to turn the Cuse game into a home game.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Isn't MSG is essentially a home game??

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Isn't MSG is essentially a home game??
It's always fun to say that, and MSG will surely be rocking...but no it's not a home game in terms of ticket packages and gate fees.

If UConn ends up whiffing on a OOC home game against a major conference opponent, already slumping ticket sales are going to take a huge hit.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Scheduling both Ohio St. and G'Town at home last year is what puts us in this predicament. I was surprised we didn't try to swap one of those home games last year for a road game so we'd be balanced last year and this year home and away. It's always going to be hard to get a home game against a good P5 without a return game and last year's scheduling really boxed us in this season.

Reaction Score
The home schedules the last couple years have just been straight depressing. This year, unfortunately, looks like it will be the worst yet with zero quality OOC games lined up and the AAC taking a step back. You have to give the season ticket holders who have stuck it out props.

Reaction Score
The home schedules the last couple years have just been straight depressing. This year, unfortunately, looks like it will be the worst yet with zero quality OOC games lined up and the AAC taking a step back. You have to give the season ticket holders who have stuck it out props.

yep.....this will be season 28 with season tix.....we'll be downtown, eating, drinking, then cheering on our Huskies & buying $9.00 XL beers. :)

Reaction Score
Look at it from the vantage point of a top p5 team. With a schedule that is already challenging plus high profile neutral tournaments why would they want to add us? Maybe a lower or mid level P5 but they would want a home and home too. What about an SEC team?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Look at it from the vantage point of a top p5 team. With a schedule that is already challenging plus high profile neutral tournaments why would they want to add us? Maybe a lower or mid level P5 but they would want a home and home too. What about an SEC team?
Such as ...Auburn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer