Next Year's Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next Year's Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This year will be key for Nina Davis - with all the height that Baylor has, she has a chance to develop as a wing player working on her mid range and extending out. If she can show a consistent 15+ foot jumper to go with an ability to slash to the basket her draft stock will rise considerably because she is not going to make it as a forward in the NBA. If Kim allows her (or asks her) to rely on her inside game as she has through three years, regardless of how successful she is at that, it will mean that she is learning a new position as a pro and that is never easy.

Kaela Davis has to show something this year for me to get excited about her - with the other talent at SC she has a chance to show that her game isn't all about herself - if she can do that and identify what are good shots, that will be a big step forward. In that way I agree it is a similar situation to DD, but I think Davis has a better chance because Dawn is a better coach with a few more options.

I had forgotten that Walker-Kimbrough was a senior this year - if she can continue her torrid shooting this year, she should be a top 3 draft pick - a wing/guard who can shoot .543/.545/.809 for a college season is pretty rare. Even if her 3 point shooting drops 100 points, it still puts her in the elite range.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This year will be key for Nina Davis - with all the height that Baylor has, she has a chance to develop as a wing player working on her mid range and extending out. If she can show a consistent 15+ foot jumper to go with an ability to slash to the basket her draft stock will rise considerably because she is not going to make it as a forward in the NBA. If Kim allows her (or asks her) to rely on her inside game as she has through three years, regardless of how successful she is at that, it will mean that she is learning a new position as a pro and that is never easy.

Kaela Davis has to show something this year for me to get excited about her - with the other talent at SC she has a chance to show that her game isn't all about herself - if she can do that and identify what are good shots, that will be a big step forward. In that way I agree it is a similar situation to DD, but I think Davis has a better chance because Dawn is a better coach with a few more options.

I had forgotten that Walker-Kimbrough was a senior this year - if she can continue her torrid shooting this year, she should be a top 3 draft pick - a wing/guard who can shoot .543/.545/.809 for a college season is pretty rare. Even if her 3 point shooting drops 100 points, it still puts her in the elite range.
SWK put up KML type numbers. Shatori is a very good player and excellent shooter.

Reaction Score
Some good conversation going on here. Hard not to laugh at some of Diamond stuff too. Diamond did nothing to disrespect Holly and her father sat down and hashed it out. Case closed. Diamond is still in Knoxville and has never been afraid to critique last season and her own play. She has never once blamed any struggles on anyone but herself.

Anyways, Diamond is healthy and shin splints and leg injury issues have subsided and people who have seen workouts have said she looks fantastic and Diamond herself said she is as healthy as she has been since her junior year in high school. Tennessee will have a short rotation because we have 8 healthy players as of now and that means a lot of minutes for Diamond... which also could mean big numbers... huge numbers if she has improved consistency from the perimeter. So if she has a monster season and decides to leave she is number one on draft day no doubt in my opinion. I think Coates will got number 2 and McCall and Plum will be somewhere in the top 10. I think because of Cooper being out she may stay to play another season with her.

I think Mercedes stays. She'll finish her playing days at Tennessee with fellow Oregonian Jaime Nared and possibly get a season in with another Oregon girl in Evina Westbrook (fingers crossed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom