Next year wont be too bad with boatright leading us | The Boneyard

Next year wont be too bad with boatright leading us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The undercurrent of negativity you espouse in your posts and threads is something I hope leaves by next year. You realize we are but three halves into this season, right?

I can't help but feed the troll.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
So yea boatright will be a great point guard for us next year.

That would be terrific, but i imagine the Boatshow will be making more money next year than you will in the next decade.

Reaction Score
....in your posts and threads is something I hope leaves by next year.....
My post style has about the same chance at leaving as does boatright. Hes undersized at is is for a highly coveted point guard spot..he needs to stand out big time this year if he wants to go pro ..tons of competition this year....i speak the truth dont let your heart misguide you...there prob will be roughly 10 point guards selected in draft...and at his size prob less than 2-4 guys.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's far too early in the season to make that kind of call. IF DD and Boat produce like they have in the 1st 2 games, then I agree both should be back. But that's a big IF.

The thing that hurts them a bit is that Ollie has so many options and we are so deep. If DD simply isn't scoring and he wants more pop out there, It's easy to sub DD out. As for Boat - I'm not sure he will end up our 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd scoring option. I have no idea if he will jump after this season, but (and here I am making a post too), it seems way to early to start predicting anything like that at this point...

Reaction Score
I actually like the way Boatright has played (on offense) this season. He hasn't been shooting the ball great (whatever happened to his mid-range game?) but he's been under control for the most part and playing within the offense. I think we're gonna see an explosive game from him soon.

DeAndre is the one who's been extremely underwhelming so far, but it's only even two games.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Boatright started to make some shots in the 2nd half. His game has been very good; he even did a better job of staying in front of his man today on defense.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Daniels won't be drafted unless he starts getting aggressive. He is literally transparent on the boards and disappears altogether for long stretches.

Reaction Score
Daniels won't be drafted unless he starts getting aggressive. He is literally transparent on the boards and disappears altogether for long stretches.

He's clearly off to a bad start - no great revelation on my part there - but we know he's capable of more. He had seven or more boards 10 times in the last 17 games last year. Closed out with 25-10, 18-8, 23-10, 19-8 against good comp. He'll come around and get his legs back under him. He needs a shot or two to go, and needs to find a rebounding rhythm or get a few breaks on the boards. When Tyler made that 3 late vs Maryland, DD got inside position and might have had a putback if that shot rattled out. He lost his block out assignment a couple times today - including once on a FT - and when Yale had the putback dunk, he actually did block out his man well, but another Eli snuck in there in front of him. Sometimes you aren't working hard enough, and sometimes the ball is not finding you. In DD's case, it has been a little of both at different times this year.

Reaction Score
It hurts my heart to see DD posted an even worse game. 0pts, 0 free throws, 1 rebs.
I got hammered when I doubted this guy's mental toughness in the other thread.

He never looked more lost.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
@Oklahoma - Being that you're from Oklahoma (I'm guessing), what's your take on Whataburger?

Reaction Score
He's clearly off to a bad start - no great revelation on my part there - but we know he's capable of more. He had seven or more boards 10 times in the last 17 games last year. Closed out with 25-10, 18-8, 23-10, 19-8 against good comp. He'll come around and get his legs back under him.

Let's hope he does that earlier than he did last season.

Reaction Score
i have a feeling this is the same clown who used to troll the espn uconn forums as well.. Very similar posting style ;)

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
A month from now both BOAT and DD will being playing at the level we expected from the pair going into the season.

Reaction Score
i have a feeling this is the same clown who used to troll the espn uconn forums as well.. Very similar posting style ;)
So im a clown because i say (post) what everyone (including yourself) is thinking...i guess you thought jim calhoun was a clown too or geno or any one else who has testiculos to say what ppl r thinking

Reaction Score
Just because you say he's coming back is meaningless. Its Boat's decision. I've seen less talented guards jump into the draft. He strikes me as the kind of player who's mind's made up already. Maybe he thinks he's on Bazz's level or better. He's cocky (in a positive way) and in his mind NBA ready. I would actually be surprised if he returns.

The decision to enter the draft is not the same as getting drafted or even playing in the NBA. We don't know what or who is in his head, but I suspect NBA thoughts are between his ears. Not to get ahead of myself but I don't think he wants to play 2nd fiddle next year to another potential AA, again being the 2nd best guard on the team.

Right/wrong, good/bad he's a superstar in his mind, so enjoy him while you can. He's a fantastic Div 1 talent with NBA aspirations, that can't wait too much longer.

Reaction Score
not a big deal. coach is trying different combos and its hard for guys to find a rhythm right now. the starting 5 we see today wont be the one we get in jan nevermind february or march. give it some time this team is very talented and should only get better as the year goes on. no worries.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
nobody wants to admit it but he's right. boat has a 0% chance of being drafted this year. like a poster said above he'll be back next year or in europe. either way i'm starting to think he is not very good at all.

Reaction Score
He has to be special at his size ..he might do that eventually and hope he does ..but against two mediocre teams i havent seen it yet

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He has to be special at his size ..he might do that eventually and hope he does ..but against two mediocre teams i havent seen it yet
maryland isn't mediocre but i get your point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01