Next UCONN Recruit? | The Boneyard

Next UCONN Recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok... the waiting is killing me. Who do you all think will be the next UCONN recruit and when do you think they might let us know? I believe some think X is coming.... while others are thinking the next recruit might be a Diamond. What do you all think? When will we know? The waiting is horrible.... especially when the men have more recruits than they know what to do with...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wild guess. I think X will decide by early November. It could be right after First Night. I think we lead by a little, but she is not a lock. As a senior, she is likely the first to commit. But it could be to South Carolina or North Carolina. I cannot see Providence.

Diamond may commit first, perhaps by the First Night weekend. I like our chances.

Other than Taya Reimer and Diamond, I am not sure if anyone from 2013 has an offer. We have heard that those being considered include Stephanie Mavunga, Jannah Tucker, and Karlie Samuelson. We have heard that Karlie really likes Geno from her sister's recruitment.

Bottom line: We think X will decide in early November. Diamond may be earlier. If Karlie has an offer, she may sneak in first. Then there are the "unknown unkowns." We have seen surprises in Kalana, Tiffany, et al. before. It could happen again.

Try to be patient!

Reaction Score
Wild guess. I think X will decide by early November. It could be right after First Night. I think we lead by a little, but she is not a lock. As a senior, she is likely the first to commit. But it could be to South Carolina or North Carolina. I cannot see Providence.

Diamond may commit first, perhaps by the First Night weekend. I like our chances.

Other than Taya Reimer and Diamond, I am not sure if anyone from 2013 has an offer. We have heard that those being considered include Stephanie Mavunga, Jannah Tucker, and Karlie Samuelson. We have heard that Karlie really likes Geno from her sister's recruitment.

Bottom line: We think X will decide in early November. Diamond may be earlier. If Karlie has an offer, she may sneak in first. Then there are the "unknown unkowns." We have seen surprises in Kalana, Tiffany, et al. before. It could happen again.

Try to be patient!
I agree with your reply. Don't think anyone from the class of 2013 other than Reimer and Deshields have offers. That will change at First Night weekend.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
+1

Try to be patient!

Reaction Score
I think it will be the X girl probably in late October or early November. I don't expect Diamond to commit until some time in 2012.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Xylena is the last of the 2012 class to have an offer from UCONN. at least the season is starting. aside from the verbal of Moriah, it was a long boring summer for UCONN fans (well, the player's performances on the USA teams was fun too). i'm just glad the season is h ere!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I want to see Stephanie Mavunga play against Reimer's team this upcoming year. Mavunga is more of a back to the basket post and her U16 numbers are better than Reimer's. However, I will hold my opinion until I watch them play each other.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I want to see Stephanie Mavunga play against Reimer's team this upcoming year. Mavunga is more of a back to the basket post and her U16 numbers are better than Reimer's. However, I will hold my opinion until I watch them play each other.
Reimer has pretty much established herself as a top 5 recruit according to most, but it seems that Muvunga has come on strong lately. never really heard of her before the U16 games. i agree - it will be interesting to see what happens.

if UCONN loses out on McDaniel, i could see them trying to get both Reimer and Muvunga.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I am not as high on Reimer as most, but, it has been a while since I have watched her play. Looking at the schedule it may be tough. My wife is due for our first child just a week before their game. OUCH!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nice picture of you, I understand you keeping a low profile and all being a TN grad.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bruin, we're looking forward to your input over the high school and college seasons.

Nice avatar--I hope he is not the former Colts quarterback.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bruin, we're looking forward to your input over the high school and college seasons.

Nice avatar--I hope he is not the former Colts quarterback.
That is bruin ball.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I took that picture at Colts Camp a few weeks ago. I am a good Colts fan, but I will admit that since I missed Peyton in my fantasy draft (actually, missed it entirely), I did add Collins when he was signed :0) - Just in case.

Ice, ya know it's hard but not even I can handle the Summit ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice picture of you, I understand you keeping a low profile and all being a TN grad.
who's a tennessee grad? i guess we have no choice to allow visitors to our board, but do we really have a serious BY'er who graduated from tennessee? au contrere!!! :)

HGN

Reaction Score

Try to be patient!
But why are we seemingly not recruiting Mercedes Russell ???? She is in the Class of 2013 , when Dolson will be entering her senior season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But why are we seemingly not recruiting Mercedes Russell ???? She is in the Class of 2013 , when Dolson will be entering her senior season.
no one really knows for sure if UCONN and Russell are talking at all. UCONN is not currently listed as one of the schools pursuing her, but don't forget Stokes is 6'3" with a huge reach, and Stewart is 6'4" with an even huger reach.

some of the bigger post players have already verbaled from the 2013 class (the Day sisters and Jada Terry). there don't seem to be a lot of highly ranked centers left in that class. but Dolson wasn't in anyone's top 10 list and only in the top 20 per ASGR. i think she's going to be pretty good. based on the players we have and the ones Geno seems to really want (Deshields, Reimer, and then Tucker and Muvunga), we also have no idea if he's looking at Greenwell or Russell.

UCONN tends to cast a narrow net and focus rather quickly on kids they are interested in. sometimes they have to switch gears when they decide (or the kid decides) to go a different direction.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
[quote=" some of the bigger post players have already verbaled from the 2013 class (the Day sisters and Jada Terry). [/quote]

One of the Day sisters (Briana, considered the better player) has de-committed from UNC. She wants to consider other schools, though I'm not sure any have been identified.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
[quote=" some of the bigger post players have already verbaled from the 2013 class (the Day sisters and Jada Terry).

One of the Day sisters (Briana, considered the better player) has de-committed from UNC. She wants to consider other schools, though I'm not sure any have been identified.[/quote]
Only one? They were a package deal. Interesting. How highly rated are they?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One of the Day sisters (Briana, considered the better player) has de-committed from UNC. She wants to consider other schools, though I'm not sure any have been identified.
Only one? They were a package deal. Interesting. How highly rated are they?[/quote]
Day is top 20, maybe top 15. HG still lists her as a verbal to UNC.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Briana is 27 per HG and 14 per Blue STar. her sister is not ranked by either service. at least not that i can find... she may well end up at UNC but it appears she wants to explore her options...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Most likely Xylina of the two we are talking about. Whether UCONN or not, I expect her to verbal this fall sometime. I think I remember reading that Diamond was gonna ride out the process. Which she should if she wants.
First Night will tell much about where the recruits wanna be and who we are recruiting.

Its almost time. I cant wait.:):)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Most likely Xylina of the two we are talking about. Whether UCONN or not, I expect her to verbal this fall sometime. I think I remember reading that Diamond was gonna ride out the process. Which she should if she wants.
First Night will tell much about where the recruits wanna be and who we are recruiting.

Its almost time. I cant wait.:):)
Thanks for the reminder. I think Diamond did say that she would take her visits. She seems to really like the UConn kids and Geno, but that doesn't guarantee she will commit to us or do it soon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Briana is 27 per HG and 14 per Blue STar. her sister is not ranked by either service. at least not that i can find... she may well end up at UNC but it appears she wants to explore her options...
Does Brandon Knight have a sister who is a hoopster? We could have a lineup that plays both Day and Knight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom