Next UCONN Recruit? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next UCONN Recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no clue what our position is with Russell? We obviousely did see something in X to have offered last season. Even more significant, to me,was how quickly we offered DD and Reimer. Both of whom I would be ecstatic to get.
I figured we needed a guard more so for 2013 than 2012. Mavunga,a big, impressed me from the U 16 team. Of course so did Greenwell,Russell,White 2014,Harper.I also really liked Brianna Butler 2012. My innitial impression of Tucker was another Simmons/Tenn<not a compliment>! Are we at all seriousely involved/interested in Kornet and Samuelson?
After the last few years in which we really could have benefited having such potentially talented depth I am wondering how this is going to play out! A healthy Doty alone and we win this past season IMHO. For that matter,if the kid from DE sticks around and we are hands down favorites going for 4 straight Championships.
One last thought:p About a month or so ago on the board it was mentioned 2 kids from 2014<not mentioned who they were or I missed the names> that we were leading for? I have wondered who they were? It was around the time that the mens team got a verbal or close to from Calhoun! He has a sister in the 2014 class. I hope I am responded to what was an excellent post.
no one really knows for sure if UCONN and Russell are talking at all. UCONN is not currently listed as one of the schools pursuing her, but don't forget Stokes is 6'3" with a huge reach, and Stewart is 6'4" with an even huger reach.

some of the bigger post players have already verbaled from the 2013 class (the Day sisters and Jada Terry). there don't seem to be a lot of highly ranked centers left in that class. but Dolson wasn't in anyone's top 10 list and only in the top 20 per ASGR. i think she's going to be pretty good. based on the players we have and the ones Geno seems to really want (Deshields, Reimer, and then Tucker and Muvunga), we also have no idea if he's looking at Greenwell or Russell.

UCONN tends to cast a narrow net and focus rather quickly on kids they are interested in. sometimes they have to switch gears when they decide (or the kid decides) to go a different direction.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks for the reminder. I think Diamond did say that she would take her visits. She seems to really like the UConn kids and Geno, but that doesn't guarantee she will commit to us or do it soon.

Diamond did say that and she was doing it for her teammates to receive more exposure.

Reaction Score
no one really knows for sure if UCONN and Russell are talking at all. UCONN is not currently listed as one of the schools pursuing her, but don't forget Stokes is 6'3" with a huge reach, and Stewart is 6'4" with an even huger reach ...

UCONN tends to cast a narrow net and focus rather quickly on kids they are interested in. sometimes they have to switch gears when they decide (or the kid decides) to go a different direction.

And as we know all too painfully well, sometimes that net is too damned narrow.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
N
I have no clue what our position is with Russell? We obviousely did see something in X to have offered last season. Even more significant, to me,was how quickly we offered DD and Reimer. Both of whom I would be ecstatic to get.
I figured we needed a guard more so for 2013 than 2012. Mavunga,a big, impressed me from the U 16 team. Of course so did Greenwell,Russell,White 2014,Harper.I also really liked Brianna Butler 2012. My innitial impression of Tucker was another Simmons/Tenn<not a compliment>! Are we at all seriousely involved/interested in Kornet and Samuelson?
After the last few years in which we really could have benefited having such potentially talented depth I am wondering how this is going to play out! A healthy Doty alone and we win this past season IMHO. For that matter,if the kid from DE sticks around and we are hands down favorites going for 4 straight Championships.
One last thought:p About a month or so ago on the board it was mentioned 2 kids from 2014<not mentioned who they were or I missed the names> that we were leading for? I have wondered who they were? It was around the time that the mens team got a verbal or close to from Calhoun! He has a sister in the 2014 class. I hope I am responded to what was an excellent post.[/quote

Nice avatar! I remember her.

Re 2014, these are the names I have seen most linked with UConn:

Sierra Calhoun, a 6'0", maybe 6'1" SG from Christ the King. Yes, she is the sister of Omar, the men's commit. She reportedly is interested in UConn.

Brianna Turner, a 6'3" or 6'4" wing from Texas who plays above the rim. A report out of Waco last year erroneously said that she had verbaled to UConn. She did say she has interest.

Rankings for that

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
OK a continuation....

Rankings for 2014 are still a little sketchy. I think Calhoun may be 10-20 roughly. I think some have her lower. Turner is clearly top 5. She may be a megastar like Tina, Nneka, Breanna, et al.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'll be curious to know whether UConn will pursue Aja Ellison, daughter of L'ville great Pervis Ellison. She's a 6' wing in the 2014 class who plays for Shipley, a private school about a mile from where I live. Ellison reportedly visited UConn at some point in the past year. She's among the 100 or so recruits out there with an offer from L'ville.

I'm going to try to attend one of her games during the upcoming season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll be curious to know whether UConn will pursue Aja Ellison, daughter of L'ville great Pervis Ellison. She's a 6' wing in the 2014 class who plays for Shipley, a private school about a mile from where I live. Ellison reportedly visited UConn at some point in the past year. She's among the 100 or so recruits out there with an offer from L'ville.

She's a legacy at L'ville. Pervis won a NC, as a frosh I believe. This will be tough.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Sierra Calhoun is 2014 and should land somewhere in the top 10. As far as Brianna Turner goes, I have no idea. She does play for the same AAU team as Moriah Jefferson, so that could be beneficial. Also the fact of TCU coming to the Big East.

2013--I am clueless with this group. I know Diamond and Taya have offers on the table and possible Stephanie Mavunga but thats about it. Guards will be needed I would think possibly so maybe that is where Samuelson and Tucker fit into the picture. I thought Jannah Tucker played well for the U16 team. I only saw it on the internet but I was impressed. She seemed to do everything.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

that's a new name for me. interesting. please let us all know what you think if/when you see her play!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
who's a tennessee grad? i guess we have no choice to allow visitors to our board, but do we really have a serious BY'er who graduated from tennessee? au contrere!!! :)
no they are talking about Peyton Manning being a Tn Grad, Bruin has on Peyton's "Indy" Colts jersey

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
no they are talking about Peyton Manning being a Tn Grad, Bruin has on Peyton's "Indy" Colts jersey
Yeah, I was giving bruin flack, a little playful teasing. Actually, the avatar is Peyton and a pic bruin took. The implication was that bruin was Peyton and therefore that Peyton was a closet UConn fan.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was giving bruin flack a little playful teasing. Actually, the avatar is Peyton and a pic bruin took. The implication was that bruin was Peyton and therefore that Peyton was a closet UConn fan.
Yes, Ice, it is Peyton himself, a 6'5" 220 lb. QB with a laser rocket arm.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
who's a tennessee grad? i guess we have no choice to allow visitors to our board, but do we really have a serious BY'er who graduated from tennessee? au contrere!!! :)
When one is deciding where to go to college, one is still quite young, and mistakes can occur. As one adds a few years, and some maturity and wisdom, one tends to make better decisions. Any person who chooses the wrong school, but later realizes the error and fully embraces the BY, should be applauded for their decision making skills, nor excoriated for a youthful indiscretion. Let's forgive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When one is deciding where to go to college, one is still quite young, and mistakes can occur. As one adds a few years, and some maturity and wisdom, one tends to make better decisions. Any person who chooses the wrong school, but later realizes the error and fully embraces the BY, should be applauded for their decision making skills, nor excoriated for a youthful indiscretion. Let's forgive.
Well said, Gelato King! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall