Next time you take lying Matt seriously... | The Boneyard

Next time you take lying Matt seriously...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that someone was actually trying to defend Diaco's tenure at UConn.

That is the most insane thing I've heard all year, and it's been a hell of a year...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that someone was actually trying to defend Diaco's tenure at UConn.

That is the most insane thing I've heard all year, and it's been a hell of a year...

Went out of their way to defend Bob Diaco.

Does idiot Bob search the hashtag he included?

Still not Matt’s worst writings. That would be when he jumped on people leaving the Towson game when he was in West Hartford watching on TV.

C

Chief00

Truth is Diaco’s Defense was better than Crocker/Edsalls’s the last two season. And Chief is the one who broke the Diaco being fired story.
Blame it on Diaco’s recruiting but time on that argument ends at some point and the 7 DB’s Crocker brought in to play his scheme haven’t shown a desire to tackle, demonstrated proper techniques or ability to cover.

Reaction Score
Thank God I gave up covering this team. Would have shortened my life span.

Reaction Score
Truth is Diaco’s Defense was better than Crocker/Edsalls’s the last two season. And Chief is the one who broke the Diaco being fired story.
Blame it on Diaco’s recruiting but time on that argument ends at some point and the 7 DB’s Crocker brought in to play his scheme haven’t shown a desire to tackle, demonstrated proper techniques or ability to cover.
Does Chief walk around the beach in KC Chiefs speedos?

Reaction Score
The play clock in the stadium was different than the one on TV ... Diaco had to take the timeout because the play clock was about to expire ....

Reaction Score
Seriously, I like the kids content and passion for UConn but Diaco was a disaster here. Most mundane attempt at offense in history. Made P look like Mouse Davis. Slowed every game to an agonizing crawl. The win against Virginia is still the worst I ever felt after a win.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco is definitely in the discussion of worst head coach hires of all-time for any school, not just UConn. Completely unqualified to run a program and make any sort of critical decisions. He was always good for a cute little quote every now and again though, which is why media folks love him so much. Was much better in a press conference than he ever was or ever will be on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
Seriously, I like the kids content and passion for UConn but Diaco was a disaster here. Most mundane attempt at offense in history. Made P look like Mouse Davis. Slowed every game to an agonizing crawl. The win against Virginia is still the worst I ever felt after a win.

Seriously? The win against UVA wasn't even close to the worst I ever felt after a win.

Two words for you: Stony and Brook.
Two more: Holy and Cross.
Runner up category: Rhode and Island.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

He put out a hit piece on Edsall negatively comparing him to Diaco after Diaco had been gone for a full year. I’m still angry about it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Matts a strange dude. Many things I dont understand about his "media hobby" like what pays the bills.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I do like Matt's stuff. I like his passion for UConn. I also think he puts together good data points, videos, etc. Just disagree with him (or anyone) who claims Diaco was anything less than an absolute and total dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
Seriously? The win against UVA wasn't even close to the worst I ever felt after a win.

Two words for you: Stony and Brook.
Two more: Holy and Cross.
Runner up category: Rhode and Island.
Context matters. That Virginia team was terrible with a first year coach. We were coming off a bowl game and hoping to build off that. We only won cause they bumbled getting their FG team onto the field in time for a chip shot because they mismanaged the clock. Coming on the heels on the Navy debacle, I just left feeling that Diaco was never going to figure the basics of getting offensive plays in in time and that we were going to slide backwards.

The games you mention, mostly came in years we knew we would suck. Were basically an FCS team right now.

Reaction Score
He put out a hit piece on Edsall negatively comparing him to Diaco after Diaco had been gone for a full year. I’m still angry about it.
Really? He seems to have a lot of access to the program still.

Reaction Score
I don't care what anyone thinks, Diaco's defense (although better than what we currently have) was pedestrian at best. Orlando's and Brown's defense were light years better in every aspect of the game.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Really? He seems to have a lot of access to the program still.

Yup. After a handful of Diaco recruits left the team, Matt wrote a piece that painted Edsall in a far more negative light than the facts reasonably suggested.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I don't care what anyone thinks, Diaco's defense (although better than what we currently have) was pedestrian at best. Orlando's and Brown's defense were light years better in every aspect of the game.

There were oodles and oodles of threads complaining about Diaco’s defense and lamenting the “bend, don’t break” (well, “bend and break” in reality) philosophy. This year’s is worse by the numbers, but it was a big issue back then too.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Celebrityhood.

Um, what is his total outreach, maybe 300 different people hit his website, maybe 100 people bought his mag, maybe 200 downloads of his podcast?

Regarding the podcast, he's done just one!?! Why doesn't he attempt to bang out a 20min podcast every week? I dont understand the point of doing one podcast at the start of the season only to never follow up.

Reaction Score
I do like Matt's stuff. I like his passion for UConn. I also think he puts together good data points, videos, etc. Just disagree with him (or anyone) who claims Diaco was anything less than an absolute and total dumpster fire.

Agree with this. And the fact the UConn blog & A dime back writers always seem to take shots at him on Twitter make me like him more. But dude, that’s a bad tweet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom