Next Season's All Americans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next Season's All Americans

Reaction Score
I think there may be a case where Brink and Jones are competing for an AA spot. They are both very good. Are there only 3 players better than both of them?
Yes there are. Paige Bueckers, Chrystin Williams, and take your pick among a healthy Aubrey Griffin, Evina Westbrook, or Aaliyah Edwards.

Reaction Score
If Azzi Fudd learns how to get open and create a shot, she will make AA.
I don't see her jumping Clarke or Haley Jones even with an excellent season. 2nd team AA maybe.

All in all Azzi needs to work on "foot speed" this year - both offensively and defensively. She has had foot problems for about two years. If it has fully healed, she will have better footspeed but it also take effort and practice at a higher speed than she has shown (or been able to show). just take the game to another level of speed and quickness.

Reaction Score
I think
I don't see her jumping Clarke or Haley Jones even with an excellent season. 2nd team AA maybe.

All in all Azzi needs to work on "foot speed" this year - both offensively and defensively. She has had foot problems for about two years. If it has fully healed, she will have better footspeed but it also take effort and practice at a higher speed than she has shown (or been able to show). just take the game to another level of speed and quickness.
it is hard if you are not the best player on your team and tougher if you are not even the best guard on your team. Her time will come. Don't sleep on Harmon from Texas. She is dynamic, has the ball in her hand 80% of the time and always has the greenlight. Also, unlike some of the other contenders is very quick and plays pretty good defense.

Reaction Score
First Team
Boston, Aaliyah – South Carolina
Clark, Caitlin – Iowa
Jones, Haley – Stanford
Bueckers, Paige – UCONN
Hailey Van Lith - Louisville or Ashley Joens Iowa State

UHF

Reaction Score
For basketball historians on The Boneyard, do infamous pre-season All American lists create any disadvantage for players who were not AA or Honorable Mention AA or All Conference the previous season?

In other words, if players are not on voters pre-season radar, are they at a disadvantage to making the end of season AA or HM AA teams?

Reaction Score
For basketball historians on The Boneyard, do infamous pre-season All American lists create any disadvantage for players who were not AA or Honorable Mention AA or All Conference the previous season?

In other words, if players are not on voters pre-season radar, are they at a disadvantage to making the end of season AA or HM AA teams?
Disadvantage but not insurmountable. Kinda’ like a team being unranked in the preseason

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Absolutely.

Reaction Score
How much does losing Saniya Rivers hurt SC?
It helps them. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Another scholarship slot helps them more than the numbers she was putting up. Having said that, I hope she solves her shooting issues and becomes fantastic next year. Anything is possible.

Reaction Score
So if she solves her shooting issues and becomes fantastic, her leaving still helps SC?

OK...

Reaction Score
It helps them. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Another scholarship slot helps them more than the numbers she was putting up. Having said that, I hope she solves her shooting issues and becomes fantastic next year. Anything is possible.
Losing the third best player in the nation as a senior last year, helps them????? Ok whatever you want to believe is fine with me.:eek:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I dont think it affects SC much for next year but if Boston/Beale/Cooke/Amihere all declare and Rivers thrives in her new setting I could see it hurting SC long term. Where it could really hurt is 2 years down the road if she joins NC and thrives. They'll have a loaded lineup with her, Kelly, Key and Toomey.

Reaction Score
So if she solves her shooting issues and becomes fantastic, her leaving still helps SC?

OK...
What part of 1 for 31 from 3 do people not get? Shooting .245 overall. She's also not happy or she wouldn't be transferring. How many top players start off shooting 1 for 31 from 3? That's a problem and a significant sample size. If you read my post accurately I didn't PROJECT that she would fix the shooting issue. I was hoping for the best for her. I prefer to be positive when possible.

Reaction Score
South Carolina has Raven coming back and a solid recruit in next year's recruitment plus a solid transfer guard. Those are upgrades probably.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom