Next Season's All Americans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next Season's All Americans

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I think Paige's All American frosh year is worthy of writing the accolades, not just 2022 awards.
Sorry I was using logic, not fuzzy logic. ;):rolleyes: There has to be a cutoff line somewhere. I was just listing the accolade that matters most, the most recent All-American award. Besides Paige had a serious injury and did not display her freshman level of play afterwards.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Boston and Cooke be seniors?
Yes. Fourth year seniors. Boston will almost certainly only play four and be the number one selection. Cooke? Not sure. She really needs to improve her shooting percentage. Also, Beal will be a 4th year senior. Will her defensive ability be appreciated in the pros?

Amihere? That's kinda fuzzy because of a redshirt issue her first year. Will she be a redhsirt junior this year or a 4th year senior? with a fifth covid year possible. I think she will be drafted when she comes out based upon athletic ability - not skills. I expect her to be around at least two more years (one post-Boston year) but I can't say that for certain or even very high probability.

Not that anything is certain during these portal/5th year times.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A lot of you seem to know things... or at least pretend to very well. Hows about we fill the time by talking about the portal... who would be best, who is interested, who is interested in other places, etc. Seems like since CT went to NC, we are struggling for good news, especially on the recruiting trail. Where can we find out about what is happening? Help a brother out....
Dude look around. There is a recruiting thread, a transfer thread.

You gotta put a little effort in.

Reaction Score
I'm with you it's unlikely Haley would drop from 1st to 2nd team, but it's possible. My memory might fail me here, but I believe KLS was 1st team as a soph and junior and dropped to 2nd team as a senior.

Reactions: PvP

PvP

Reaction Score
I'm with you it's unlikely Haley would drop from 1st to 2nd team, but it's possible. My memory might fail me here, but I believe KLS was 1st team as a soph and junior and dropped to 2nd team as a senior.
Of course, it's possible, just look at Paige. Anything can happen, particularly if we are discussing earning a place among the 5 best players in the country. It doesn't take much of a slip up to fail to make such an exclusive club.

Reaction Score
Here's my take....

Paige Bueckers
Aliyah Boston
Caitlin Clark
Azzi Fudd
Aneesah Morrow

with Caroline Ducharme making the second team along with Haley Jones, Cameron Brink, Angel Reese and Elizabeth Kitley.
That would make three first team all Americans from the Big East?

Reaction Score
Actually, don't they have more than five first team AA's? I agree that Hailey Jones is first team. Fudd won't be so high ( First team ) unless you are talking end of season rankings...and she has a break out year.

For what point in time are you projecting? Pre-season? Post?

PvP

Reaction Score
Actually, don't they have more than five first team AA's? I agree that Hailey Jones is first team. Fudd won't be so high ( First team ) unless you are talking end of season rankings...and she has a break out year.

For what point in time are you projecting? Pre-season? Post?
Definitely Post. The
That would make three first team all Americans from the Big East?
I believe the talent is there so the Conference is less important but actually the Big East did quite well in the big tourney.

Reaction Score
Definitely Post. The

I believe the talent is there so the Conference is less important but actually the Big East did quite well in the big tourney.
Absolutely. And the three named are certainly all American. I would think Villanova has one as well ( Siegrist ?).

Reaction Score
I got Jones and Brink both being all-americans. the other 3 are pretty obvious

Reaction Score
First Team
Boston, Aaliyah – South Carolina
Clark, Caitlin – Iowa
Jones, Haley – Stanford
Bueckers, Paige – UCONN
Brink, Cameron – Standford

Second Team
Morrow, Aneesah – DePaul
Kitley, Elizabeth – Virginia Tech
Joens, Ashley – Iowa State
Lee, Ayoka – Kansas State
Miles, Olivia - Notre Dame

Third Team
Reese, Angel - ?Portal?
Siegrist, Maddy – Villanova
Owusu, Ashley, ?Portal?
Cooke, Zia – South Carolina
Van Lith, Hailey – Louisville

Honorable mention
Azzi Fudd - UCONN
Ducharme, Caroline - UCONN

• Boston, Aaliyah – South Carolina, Junior, All everything and best of every award
  • Jones, Haley – Stanford, Senior, 2022 first team AP All-American
  • Clark, Caitlin – Iowa, Junior, USBWA, and WBCA 1st team, Dawn Staley Guard of Year Award recipient
  • Joens, Ashley – Iowa State, Super Senior, 2022 AP All-America and USBWA Second Team
  • Lee, Ayoka – Kansas State, Senior, 2022 AP All-America and USBWA Second Team, First Team by Sports Illustrated, and The Athletic
  • Brink, Cameron – Standford, Junior, 2022 AP All-America Third Team
  • Kitley, Elizabeth – Virginia Tech, Senior, 2022 AP All-America Third Team
  • Reese, Angel - ?Portal?, Sophomore, 2022 AP All-America Third Team
  • Siegrist, Maddy – Villanova, Senior, 2022 AP All-America Third Team
  • Owusu, Ashley, ?Portal?, Junior, 2022 AP All-American Honorable Mention, USBWA All-America
  • Bueckers, Paige – UCONN, Junior
  • Cooke, Zia – South Carolina, Junior
  • Fudd, Azzi – UCONN, Sophomore
  • Van Lith, Hailey – Louisville, Junior
  • Leger-Walker, Charlisse – Washington State University, Sophomore
  • Miles, Olivia – Notre Dame, Sophomore
  • Morrow, Aneesah – DePaul, Sophomore,
  • Osborne, Charisma – UCLA, Junior
If both Boston and Brink make 1st team, I like Kitley to make 2nd team. ACC PLayer of the year in 21-22, with another year of experience and the clear #1 option for that team.

Reaction Score
If you actually look at Haley's numbers, she didn't warrant being 1st team this year. She shot 41% from the field and only 24% from 3. She's not a great defender. She averaged about 3 turnovers a game. She rebounded well for a guard but overall the numbers for 1st team ALL AMERICAN just were not there. It's not like she was a shut down defender. She made the team on rep, not performance. She had a bad year for her. She needs to earn it just like everyone else. Not dumping on her. I thought she was maybe the best player in college basketball just 2 years ago. Last year she averaged about the same points per game as CW. Maybe next year she comes back strong but she's trending downward.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If you actually look at Haley's numbers, she didn't warrant being 1st team this year. She shot 41% from the field and only 24% from 3. She's not a great defender. She averaged about 3 turnovers a game. She rebounded well for a guard but overall the numbers for 1st team ALL AMERICAN just were not there. It's not like she was a shut down defender. She made the team on rep, not performance. She had a bad year for her. She needs to earn it just like everyone else. Not dumping on her. I thought she was maybe the best player in college basketball just 2 years ago. Last year she averaged about the same points per game as CW. Maybe next year she comes back strong but she's trending downward.

She wasn't my choice for first team this year, but she clearly has massive value for Stanford and is probably their most important player and catalyst. She does a lot that doesnt show up in box scores and consistently shows up in big games and makes plays.

Reaction Score
Here's my take....

Paige Bueckers
Aliyah Boston
Caitlin Clark
Azzi Fudd
Aneesah Morrow

with Caroline Ducharme making the second team along with Haley Jones, Cameron Brink, Angel Reese and Elizabeth Kitley.
Ducharme is easily the best ball handler of any name in your post over 6ft tall. I think she’s a point forward next year and with the headaches gone, I agree she will make 2nd team. She will also give Geno the option of playing Paige off the ball. Dorka and Edwards should be the starting posts, but that doesn’t mean Geno can’t bring DeBerry, Brady or Patterson in after the first time out. I’m excited about next year. I’m also not sure about Clarke making first team, especially if she has more than the 152 TO’s she had this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes. Fourth year seniors. Boston will almost certainly only play four and be the number one selection. Cooke? Not sure. She really needs to improve her shooting percentage. Also, Beal will be a 4th year senior. Will her defensive ability be appreciated in the pros?

Amihere? That's kinda fuzzy because of a redshirt issue her first year. Will she be a redhsirt junior this year or a 4th year senior? with a fifth covid year possible. I think she will be drafted when she comes out based upon athletic ability - not skills. I expect her to be around at least two more years (one post-Boston year) but I can't say that for certain or even very high probability.

Not that anything is certain during these portal/5th year times.
How much does losing Saniya Rivers hurt SC?

Reaction Score
Ducharme is easily the best ball handler of any name in your post over 6ft tall. I think she’s a point forward next year and with the headaches gone, I agree she will make 2nd team. She will also give Geno the option of playing Paige off the ball. Dorka and Edwards should be the starting posts, but that doesn’t mean Geno can’t bring DeBerry, Brady or Patterson in after the first time out. I’m excited about next year. I’m also not sure about Clarke making first team, especially if she has more than the 152 TO’s she had this year.
I love this. I've been thinking it as well. One of my favorite plays in the regionals in Bridgeport was against Indiana in the first half. Caroline got a defensive rebound. Paige was in the backcourt with her but CD just decides to push and passes ahead to Azzi for an open 3. Azzi drains it and of course has a huge smile. Leads to an Indiana timeout. CD is a hooper. I'm a bit worried she won't be given the keys but it truly wouldn't surprise me if she was second team and or lead the team in scoring next season.

Reaction Score
How much does losing Saniya Rivers hurt SC?
Short term? I see no harm.

Long ten? That remains to be seen. Can she improve her shooting? I don’t want this to sound like sour tramped but she couldn’t throw a rock I. The ocean this year. She was touted as a scorer but that never materialized. She was criticized early as being weak defensively but looked pretty good by year end. But she may reverse course at her new school.

With Raven Johnson, Bree Hall and Talaysia Cooper we are pretty solid with young guards. Fingers crossed on adding Milaysia Fulwiley.

Reaction Score
Barring injury or a 10-point decline in PPG, Clark is a lock.

Caroline is very talented and I’d be surprised if she’s not an All-American by the time all is said and done, but she has quite a ways to go to be considered a top ten player in the nation.

Reaction Score
Barring injury or a 10-point decline in PPG, Clark is a lock.

Caroline is very talented and I’d be surprised if she’s not an All-American by the time all is said and done, but she has quite a ways to go to be considered a top ten player in the nation.
I was agreeing with another poster about Ducharme, so I take it you’re disagreeing with both posts? I might add that Ducharme before her head injury came within one point of breaking the single game scoring record for a UConn freshman this past season. I guess you forgot about that?

Reactions: PvP
Reaction Score
She wasn't my choice for first team this year, but she clearly has massive value for Stanford and is probably their most important player and catalyst. She does a lot that doesnt show up in box scores and consistently shows up in big games and makes plays.
Agreed, BallNut90, about Haley Jones. I'll bet TeamFirst would have a difficult time keeping Haley out of her starting lineup if an All-American team were to play a big-stakes game against a team of similar talent (a fantasy, obviously). Her numbers might have slipped a bit this past year, probably due to the added ballhandling duties, but I'd guess any coach would want her on the court as much as possible.

Regarding Caroline, All-American might be a leap for next season, but, if Geno gives her the go-ahead and commensurate PT, first-team all-Big East would be a real possibility.

As for Caitlin Clarke, barring injury, ink her in for first-team All-American the next two seasons, even if her TOs do increase! She's just that good.

Reaction Score
I was agreeing with another poster about Ducharme, so I take it you’re disagreeing with both posts? I might add that Ducharme before her head injury came within one point of breaking the single game scoring record for a UConn freshman this past season. I guess you forgot about that?
Yes

It’s wonderful that Caroline stepped up the way she did when so many others were out injured, but a freshmen single-game scoring record is not one and the same with All-America status. Not really sure of the relevance of that mention there. She’s a fine player who has a great career ahead of her; nothing in my post said or suggested otherwise.

Reaction Score
Agreed, BallNut90, about Haley Jones. I'll bet TeamFirst would have a difficult time keeping Haley out of her starting lineup if an All-American team were to play a big-stakes game against a team of similar talent (a fantasy, obviously). Her numbers might have slipped a bit this past year, probably due to the added ballhandling duties, but I'd guess any coach would want her on the court as much as possible.

Regarding Caroline, All-American might be a leap for next season, but, if Geno gives her the go-ahead and commensurate PT, first-team all-Big East would be a real possibility.

As for Caitlin Clarke, barring injury, ink her in for first-team All-American the next two seasons, even if her TOs do increase! She's just that good.
Haley Jones is a beast.

Reaction Score
We have gotten our share of top recruiits. What we need are the breakthrough anomaly recruits. We have Paige, Azzi, Dorka, AE and Caroline who are potentially breakthrough players who can make a difference against top competition but other than Paige we have no one who has proven that ability. I have faith that Ice and Ayanna will be in the rotation next year and contribute. In my opinion, we need a top post and one more forward/wing/guard. Right now I would add a wing more than a post. With Dorka, AE, Ayanna, Ice and Amari for bigs we are stronger at the bigs than we are with the guards in terms of depth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom