Next season | The Boneyard

Next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look, I don't care how we plug holes for next year, as long as it is within the rules. Be it grad transfers or diamonds in the rough still available out of high school.

We need a bounce back year after last season big time.

We got Miller, if we bring in Gibbs and get Larrier to come to our program, it will help in a big way.

Reaction Score
I'll be happy if they make the NCAA Tourney, next year.

and then like loose in the 1st round and you'll be happy type happy? Will that really make you happy or are you saying with the group they have put together they will be lucky if they make the NCAA's? I'm not trying to be cute or a wise guy, I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.

Come to think of it, UCONN does pretty well coming in as a 7th seed with low expectations. Interesting strategy...

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
and then like loose in the 1st round and you'll be happy type happy? Will that really make you happy or are you saying with the group they have put together they will be lucky if they make the NCAA's? I'm not trying to be cute or a wise guy, I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.

Come to think of it, UCONN does pretty well coming in as a 7th seed with low expectations. Interesting strategy...

if they make the Tourney, next year.
it will mean that they won a lot of games and brought me a lot of joy.
since I watch all their games.
Losing in the 1st round would be terrible.
A run to the elite 8 etc, would be good.

Reaction Score
I'll be happy if they make the NCAA Tourney, next year.
I know what you are trying to say however we never are happy to just make the Tourney (or sweet 16 for that matter). I don't care how bad our team appears. This is not a statement for Elite Teams especially with our pedigree. We always expect to make the Tourney.

Coach and crew are recruiting to win Championships, they love the taste.

Anyway bro that type of statement is for the Arkansas States' of the world.

Reaction Score
I know what you are trying to say however we never are happy to just make the Tourney (or sweet 16 for that matter). I don't care how bad our team appears. This is not a statement for Elite Teams especially with our pedigree. We always expect to make the Tourney.

Yeah, I mean when I say we need a bounce back year, I mean bounce back! Since 1989-90, we've never missed the NCAA's in consecutive seasons. We need a season where we are back on the basketball map after last year. Then continue to build off of that. Then we can worry about recruiting.

Reaction Score
We had a chance to win 3-4 more games last season but didn't "close out" the close games and lost to "buzzer beaters". Team had too many games when they fell too far behind then tried to dig out of the deficits but weren't able to surge to a win. Too many late "3" attempts and not enough "driving to the hole" where you have a chance to get fouled if you miss the shot.

Reaction Score

Can't believe there are people who do not have that clown on ignore.

Reaction Score
Sign of a good player is how well he bounces back from a bad game. Same with a coach. Ollie had a bad recruiting season last fall. With Miller, and hopefully, Gibbs, this spring can be Ollie's bounce back season.

Reaction Score
With Gibbs probably in the fold now we will have so much flexibility at the guards. I can't wait for the season to start. We have the potential to be a top 10 team if the chemistry is right!

Reaction Score
Truly believe with Gibbs this is a national championship contender team. Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller, and Brimah is a very very good lineup. However, I think my favorite lineup will be Gibbs, Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, and Miller.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams could make the tournament by himself. Low exoectation havin' mofo.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Sometimes I feel like our own fans are content with the mediocrity the rest of the world wants to put on us. This goes for everything related to UConn: recruiting, season results, perception/branding, conferences, etc.

Reaction Score
With Gibbs probably in the fold now we will have so much flexibility at the guards. I can't wait for the season to start. We have the potential to be a top 10 team if the chemistry is right!
Thanks for mentioning chemistry! I am glad that your one of the few that understand this is needed regardless of who is on the team.

Reaction Score
Good call on chemistry guys. So important obviously as we've seen in the past. I think, if Sterling also becomes a Husky, he and Shonn Miller came to UConn for the same reason. To play for a winner as they know they could have gone to several other programs and found potentially more PT and been the teams focus. Instead, both know they are part of a bigger picture, a bigger program who has been to a place they both would like to be to finish off their careers. Jalen also seems to be true to being a "husky first and his will to win seems to also be exactly what this team needs. People coming back felt the pain of not getting there and then losing in the NIT, a place they do not want to return to.

The toughest test on the chemistry will be with the bench if indeed SGibbs does going the team. This will not allow too much PT for either TSam, Omar or SamJr from what I can see. Can they be the team players you need and be positive reinforcement form the bench which you need? Can KO and the staff keep them happy and keep the team united with older players not getting the time they'd like?

Easier said than done but I think this team will have tremendous chemistry because of the goals they all have as a team, a staff and a program. Will be fun to watch all the pieces come together and grow together.

Reaction Score
Good call on chemistry guys. So important obviously as we've seen in the past. I think, if Sterling also becomes a Husky, he and Shonn Miller came to UConn for the same reason. To play for a winner as they know they could have gone to several other programs and found potentially more PT and been the teams focus. Instead, both know they are part of a bigger picture, a bigger program who has been to a place they both would like to be to finish off their careers. Jalen also seems to be true to being a "husky first and his will to win seems to also be exactly what this team needs. People coming back felt the pain of not getting there and then losing in the NIT, a place they do not want to return to.

The toughest test on the chemistry will be with the bench if indeed SGibbs does going the team. This will not allow too much PT for either TSam, Omar or SamJr from what I can see. Can they be the team players you need and be positive reinforcement form the bench which you need? Can KO and the staff keep them happy and keep the team united with older players not getting the time they'd like?

Easier said than done but I think this team will have tremendous chemistry because of the goals they all have as a team, a staff and a program. Will be fun to watch all the pieces come together and grow together.
I agree. I think Omar may be the one the least happiest if he does not produce and get limited time since he is the senior. TSam makes me nervous on offense anyway. But again, Brimah did say that they team chemistry was not the same. to hear that from a player says a lot. I do belive this year will be different!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks for mentioning chemistry! I am glad that your one of the few that understand this is needed regardless of who is on the team.
I understand the value of chemistry. The implication is that in good chemistry players want to play as a team with a common goal of winning. It implies highly motivated individuals who put aside individual goals for the attainment of a common goal - a championship. I think biology and physics are important as well. Biology = inherit physical abilities. Physics = parts (players) available to complement one another and provide a tangible optimum whole. Rarely does a player have an entire complement of skills and rarer still is the individual who has those skills at the highest level. Teams perform well when all the members of the team can offer skills with those having sets of skills assisting those lacking skills and vice versa.

I frequently observe posts that say a player is selfish if he is unable to be a playmaker. Or a team doesn't play well together because they lack chemistry. This may or may not be true. But I often feel that we are making overly simplistic statements about players and teams because we ignore and do not understand the biological and physical nuances necessary to attain the goal. And unfortunately there are some amongst us who do this because we want to punish the players or team when they fail us. This reminds me of a time when we insisted a kid lacked motivation to read when the entire time the kid might have had some brain developmental problem like dyslexia. And some of those in authority (parents, teachers) would embarrass the kids publicly for something that was unavoidable or could be corrected if we understood the problem and provided appropriate corrective techniques.

There is a range of skill sets in any endeavor. Some are easier to observe and understand than others. I would postulate that there is a range of peripheral vision amongst players and those with exceptional peripheral vision have a better chance to be great passers than those who lack the skill. But they also have to have the ability to anticipate players movement, assess variable distances and so on. Some of us break this down when we do the drills of any sport. And sometimes some of us analyze what we are doing. Other times we just follow direction.

I used to get annoyed at people who avoided analysis. That was a mistake. Sometimes people are lazy. Sometimes people intentionally pretend to not understand things in order to be able to hurt someone. However I've come to realize that there is a subset of humanity that lacks this ability. I could break this down more. But I'm sure most people will avoid this post because it's already overly long.

Reaction Score

But when pride is beating against the wall of reality, it's not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom